Birthday day at Universal

Revan46

Mouseketeer
Hello folks,

I made a similar post on the Disney side but was hoping to get a weigh in on the Universal side too. It's my birthday on April 28 and I've been lucky enough (barring certain pandemic aspects up in Canada...) to be here in Florida the week of my birthday so I was hoping to plan a day at one of the big parks. Given I've heard some...interesting things about G+ and ILL, I am kind of leaning towards going to Universal.

As such I just wanted to get your takes on what can come with doing a birthday at Universal, plus if there's any idea if said day has early entry at either park or if I should potentially consider going on the 27th perhaps (I've heard you can get the birthday badge even if it's not THE day of the birthday as long as it's close to it).

I was also planning to get Express Pass just to get the most out of everything even if it's not a busy crowd day, but did want to ask which ride(s)/part to hit the beginning of the day as I did read some rides aren't included in EP (I'm aware Forbidding Journey and Gringotts are both included so probably don't need to do those off the bat).

Other than that, anything else to keep in mind for birthday Like I've heard the badge can often help get chosen at Ollivanders (I've done it four times in visits but not once was I chosen, not saying I should, know it's pretty randomized but that the badge can sometimes help.) As such a huge HP fan, I would LOVE to do the wand chooses the wizard cause there's been some times it's been a little "wth do I do" and I'd love to give the audience a show haha.

But yeah like with my WDW birthday post, if you have ANY suggestions, I would totally appreciate it :)

I would just keep in mind to not expect anything and be pleasantly surprised when you do because a lot of people are celebrating a special occasion every day at the parks and so the TMs can’t do something for everyone.

With that in mind though and speaking from my own experience of celebrating a couple of birthdays at Universal, I received much better treatment there then I did at Disney tbh

I mostly got a lot of “Happy Birthdays” from all of the TMs whenever they saw my badge, which was sweet. On the Men In Black ride, they made an announcement over the speakers getting everyone in the queue to wish me a “Happy Birthday” when getting on the ride and then whenever we were in the EP line they normally waved us through as the last group if they were about to cut the line off when they saw my badge and we also got front row on pretty much everything without having to ask for it.

When we were having lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, the server that brought our food out went back to the kitchen and brought me a Butterbeer Potted Cream back as a surprise after they saw my badge and then a different time I was given a cookie on the house at Thunderfalls Terrace. Those are just my experiences though and nothing is guaranteed. TMs try to do something when they can but sometimes it’s not always possible. I hope whichever park you end going to though for your birthday you have a good time and enjoy it!!!

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it leia :) I should mention, and I forgot to originally, but I'll also be going alone. I'm down here visiting my folks who have a timeshare here, and while they may come with me, they're not sure yet (but please note we're celebrating together that evening so still a celebration with my parents). Not sure that that changes anything, more just adding on that I'm on my own so it's not a case of like I expect myself and guests to get special treatment or anything (nor do I expect special treatment for myself at all, it's just nice to know how it may differ at universal compared to Disney :P )

I was in Universal a few hours that same week 2021. It is a slow time - mid-afternoon line for Hagrids was in the 30min range, if that gives you an idea. Of course, this year may be different. As a single person, I personally would forgo EP. You can use the single rider lines on most things, and can plan for those few that you can't (Kong, JP river adventure, & Simpsons are the only major ones for me). That also should mean EP is "cheap" that day, so either way it is a win.

Have fun!

I was in Universal a few hours that same week 2021. It is a slow time - mid-afternoon line for Hagrids was in the 30min range, if that gives you an idea. Of course, this year may be different. As a single person, I personally would forgo EP. You can use the single rider lines on most things, and can plan for those few that you can't (Kong, JP river adventure, & Simpsons are the only major ones for me). That also should mean EP is "cheap" that day, so either way it is a win.

Have fun!
Thanks for the heads up!

Hello folks,

I made a similar post on the Disney side but was hoping to get a weigh in on the Universal side too. It's my birthday on April 28 and I've been lucky enough (barring certain pandemic aspects up in Canada...) to be here in Florida the week of my birthday so I was hoping to plan a day at one of the big parks. Given I've heard some...interesting things about G+ and ILL, I am kind of leaning towards going to Universal.

As such I just wanted to get your takes on what can come with doing a birthday at Universal, plus if there's any idea if said day has early entry at either park or if I should potentially consider going on the 27th perhaps (I've heard you can get the birthday badge even if it's not THE day of the birthday as long as it's close to it).

I was also planning to get Express Pass just to get the most out of everything even if it's not a busy crowd day, but did want to ask which ride(s)/part to hit the beginning of the day as I did read some rides aren't included in EP (I'm aware Forbidding Journey and Gringotts are both included so probably don't need to do those off the bat).

Other than that, anything else to keep in mind for birthday Like I've heard the badge can often help get chosen at Ollivanders (I've done it four times in visits but not once was I chosen, not saying I should, know it's pretty randomized but that the badge can sometimes help.) As such a huge HP fan, I would LOVE to do the wand chooses the wizard cause there's been some times it's been a little "wth do I do" and I'd love to give the audience a show haha.

But yeah like with my WDW birthday post, if you have ANY suggestions, I would totally appreciate it :)
I've only done Ollivanders once. I was not wearing anything special as it was not my birthday or anniversary or anything like that. I was not wearing Harry Potter gear either. I was even there with my young kids, yet I was chosen to have a wand pick me. It really is random. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter