• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday Gift 11YO Girl

jensen

DIS Veteran
Please help me with ideas for a birthday gift for my niece. She's turning 11.

Thank you!!!

My DD12 loves art supplies, books & clothes. For her, a giftcard to Hobby Lobby/Michaels, Barnes & Noble or Target (she loves their Harajuku Mini line) would be perfect.

If you want an actual physical gift, I'd go with a tshirt or art supplies. Lots of girls that age seem to love to draw.

You didn't really specify a budget, so I'm voting for a pony.

You didn't really specify a budget, so I'm voting for a pony.

:lmao: I say one-up that and go for a unicorn!

Honestly, it depends on what her interests are. It can be so hard with tweens...half of them want to look and act like they're 16, the other half still want to play with dolls and toys. :laughing: If you share some of her hobbies and interests you might get better answers.

This is tough without knowing what she is like. I have a girl turning 11 next month, but she would still like Barbies, Build A Bear clothes, and American Girl accessories, while others are like the above and wanting Aero gift cards and Itunes. DD would take Itunes too, but the toys are still tops for her.

Other things she would like are decals/markers/bling for her nails, possibly a craft kit, pretty jewelry, movies, shirts with a favorite thing (like a tiger or a cat for my DD) on them. We are giving DD a necklace we bought at Silver Dollar City where they cut out a dime to look like a soccer ball.

Can you ask her mom for suggestions? Another thing I do is go on Amazon and go to their gift ideas for tween girls. I find some of the neatest things I never knew about that way.

Pj's (not babyish), a $10 gift card to Barnes and Nobles and a pack of M&M's.

Or

Duct Tape and a book on how to make things out of duct tape.

If you share some of her hobbies and interests you might get better answers.

I don't have a clue... she lives in another state and I'm not with her that often. I know she loves Justin Bieber, but other than that...????

Normally, I'd just send a check. But, she happens to be staying with us this week, so I'm having a little party for her and feel the need to have an actual gift.

I know it's weird that she's with us on her birthday and not her own family. But, my sister and I didn't consult the calendar when we decided on this child-swap event. My son spent last week at their house and my niece is spending this week with us. So, they had her family birthday party last week at home. And since she's here, I'm having a little gathering of grandparents and cousins at my house to celebrate again.

I'm thinking about taking her to the mall and giving her some cash to go spend as she pleases... I suppose she'd enjoy that. She doesn't have a mall in her hometown.

I'm thinking about taking her to the mall and giving her some cash to go spend as she pleases... I suppose she'd enjoy that. She doesn't have a mall in her hometown.

THAT sounds like a great idea. You'll get to share the experience together, and she'll get to choose what she wants, but in a more personal way than a gift card. :thumbsup2

:lmao: I say one-up that and go for a unicorn!

Honestly, it depends on what her interests are. It can be so hard with tweens...half of them want to look and act like they're 16, the other half still want to play with dolls and toys. :laughing: If you share some of her hobbies and interests you might get better answers.

I agree-- if you had given my daughter a barbie or american girl doll anything after about the age of 8/9 she would have been very unhappy--but if you got her an itunes gift card, aero gift card, barnes and noble gift card or books she would have loved it! Most toy giving have pretty much stopped by the age of 11 even if the child is on the immature side. I don't know any kids that are still playing with barbies past 10 years old.

I would either take her to the mall or do something fun with her & your dd like mani/pedi. Lots of places have kid packages.

A gift card to her fav store would be great. It will make her feel important as she is picking out things SHE wants. Hope this helps!!!

string .....from the craft store - to make bracelets. They have books/booklets on all kinds of fancy braided things. Also, gift certificate for mani/pedi.

I don't have a clue... she lives in another state and I'm not with her that often. I know she loves Justin Bieber, but other than that...????

Normally, I'd just send a check. But, she happens to be staying with us this week, so I'm having a little party for her and feel the need to have an actual gift.

I know it's weird that she's with us on her birthday and not her own family. But, my sister and I didn't consult the calendar when we decided on this child-swap event. My son spent last week at their house and my niece is spending this week with us. So, they had her family birthday party last week at home. And since she's here, I'm having a little gathering of grandparents and cousins at my house to celebrate again.

I think she would enjoy that! She's getting to the "tough" age. At 11, my dd was into video games, books and itunes, she hated crafts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter