Birthday help

Dismama2boys

DIS Veteran
My daughter’s first birthday falls during our trip. Obviously she won’t know the difference, but my four and six-year-olds will definitely want to celebrate a bit. I don’t particularly want to order a $60 cake, but maybe do something just a little special. We’ll probably do a breakfast at the Plaza, and we’re considering BB, but I don’t know that there’s really a way to incorporate a birthday into either of those without ordering a cake. Maybe fun cupcakes somewhere? I could use some help with suggestions. We’re WDW vets, but this is our first DL trip and I’m feeling a little out of my element.

I think cupcakes would be great! You could get her some micky ears and do a little smash cake picture session at a sitting area outside somewhere, perhaps grab cupcakes from Pooh Corner, and then sit by the water at Hungry Bear restaurant. The downstairs level is usually not too crowded and has a great view of Rivers of America. It's a quick service place so you can just sit down yourself. I'm sure there are lots of other spots you could chose to do something like that though. :)

I think cupcakes would be great! You could get her some micky ears and do a little smash cake picture session at a sitting area outside somewhere, perhaps grab cupcakes from Pooh Corner, and then sit by the water at Hungry Bear restaurant. The downstairs level is usually not too crowded and has a great view of Rivers of America. It's a quick service place so you can just sit down yourself. I'm sure there are lots of other spots you could chose to do something like that though. :)
Great ideas, thank you! Specific names of places are particularly helpful!!

Last edited:
No problem! Pooh Corner has lots of yummy treats, your older kids will love going there and sometimes you can see some treats being made. Hungry Bear is pretty close by to that. I'm sure you'll love Disneyland! It's a lot smaller than WDW so way less time getting from place to place. :)

Cupcakes are available at various places throughout the parks (e.g. Jolly Holiday Bakery, Hungry Bear, Trolley Treats, etc.) and Sprinkles Cupcakes in DTD. Be alert for cupcakes as you go through the parks -- there may be something really cute on special for Pixar Fest. Other CS places sell slices of cake, e.g Plaza Inn, as another option.

Cupcakes are available at various places throughout the parks (e.g. Jolly Holiday Bakery, Hungry Bear, Trolley Treats, etc.) and Sprinkles Cupcakes in DTD. Be alert for cupcakes as you go through the parks -- there may be something really cute on special for Pixar Fest. Other CS places sell slices of cake, e.g Plaza Inn, as another option.
Great - thank you!

The outdoor seating at Jolly Holiday is right near the center of the Hub with awesome people watching. They have some awesome sweet treats like whoopie pies, muffins and eclairs. The candy shop on Main Street always has a few cupcakes.

A few other places where I think an impromptu Birthday party/photo shoot would be cute:
The somewhat secret seating area for Harbor Galley with it's Splash Mountain view,
Enjoy a Birthday Icecream Sundae at the Golden Horseshoe while enjoying the show - I like the upstairs seating best!
Toontown! I just love the photo opportunities, though the 'mountain' background obviously needs work.

In DCA, I love the outdoor seating at Flo's in Carsland. It has a view of either the main street or Radiator Springs Racers depending on where you sit and I think both make cute photo backgrounds. Plus, it usually isn't too crowded.

I also like the large seating area for Boardwalk Pizza and Paradise Garden Grill. It is shaded, they have quiet restrooms tucked away in a hidden corner, and they have live music which adds to the atmosphere.

Cupcakes and other sweet treats can be found at the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe, also home to DCA's Starbucks location. Flo's has some small pies.

Have fun planning!

The outdoor seating at Jolly Holiday is right near the center of the Hub with awesome people watching. They have some awesome sweet treats like whoopie pies, muffins and eclairs. The candy shop on Main Street always has a few cupcakes.

A few other places where I think an impromptu Birthday party/photo shoot would be cute:
The somewhat secret seating area for Harbor Galley with it's Splash Mountain view,
Enjoy a Birthday Icecream Sundae at the Golden Horseshoe while enjoying the show - I like the upstairs seating best!
Toontown! I just love the photo opportunities, though the 'mountain' background obviously needs work.

In DCA, I love the outdoor seating at Flo's in Carsland. It has a view of either the main street or Radiator Springs Racers depending on where you sit and I think both make cute photo backgrounds. Plus, it usually isn't too crowded.

I also like the large seating area for Boardwalk Pizza and Paradise Garden Grill. It is shaded, they have quiet restrooms tucked away in a hidden corner, and they have live music which adds to the atmosphere.

Cupcakes and other sweet treats can be found at the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe, also home to DCA's Starbucks location. Flo's has some small pies.

Have fun planning!
Great - thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter