• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Birthday whilst in Florida - What would you do?

Button

A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of t
So I finally get to go to Florida for my birthday whoop whoop yay. Now I can't decide what to do. Huge part of me is saying you gotta go MK on the day I'd be mad not to but then I also think maybe the crowds would dampen it. Can everyone please vacate MK on 29/5 for me. I could do a character breakfast or dinner maybe Chef Mickeys as we've not been there but then would I feel too close to MK and be kicking myself? As we have day tickets without hopping I like to spend as much time in the parks so I wouldn't want to have breakfast then head into park.

Do you think they'd send a cinnamon roll to the front gates for me so I get my fill without using a day ticket???

I love Seaworld too and want to do the penguin tour so that's an option but then I'm gonna do that anyway. I do have a 4 year old so even if I pretend the day is about me it really will depend I him. Did think maybe chef Mickey then a pirate cruise for wishes or maybe backyard BBQ. I really would love to see my pals, mainly Donald.

Just being there I know is special but I sacrificed my 40th this year for family so looking to make this one about me.

I did my 30th in Disney when my kids were small but that was a loooong time ago. We did Magic Kingdom in the day. In the evening we all went to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner, then we got a sitter from Fairy Godmothers to look after the kids in the hotel room while we went to Pleasure Island. It was a good day and everyone enjoyed it.

Fairy Godmothers sitters are quite pricey but worth it. My daughter just slept '*** she was only 2 but my son was four and talked about how great the baby sitter was for months after.

I spent my birthday out there a couple of years ago and because of when my birthday is I know it will be a long while before I get to do it again :(

Anyway we had a pre-rope drop ADR at CRT followed by most of the day at MK and finished with Wishes from TOTWL.

I couldn't be in FL on my birthday and not do MK personally :goodvibes

Just thought a wishes desert party could be good.

My 13 year old son has had his last 3 birthdays (12th August) at Disney and 4 in total. Apart from reminding him constantly how lucky he is we have done lots of different things. This year we got up early and went to HS where he rode TSM twice, RNR twice TOT twice and the Great Movie Ride (for mum and dad!) Then back to Bonnet Creek for 2 hours of swimming. Then to Splitsville bowling for 2 games followed by Disney Quest. The last 2 hours at Typhoon Lagoon and finally something to eat at ESPN at Boardwalk (the only disappointing meal of the holiday which was a shame). This also happened to be the last day of our wonderful 3 week holiday so he wanted to do all his favourite things and the three of us loved it. The year before we had booked water skiing but he got an ear infection so had to cancel. My husband also had his birthday there this year and the 7 of us (brothers family) went to Teppen Edo for dinner which was great as we had a table to ourselves and the whole restaurant sang happy birthday and we got free cake. We are planning on August again next year but may be at Longboat Key for his birthday so I guess it may be a water based treat. Whatever you do you cant beat being in Florida on your birthday!

I spent my birthday at MK in august and it was wonderful , I had the parking lot tram sing happy birthday , I had the train driver announce over the loud speaker it was my birthday and in the big top which is in the old toon town a cast member saw my birthday badge and arranged for me to receive a birthday phone call from goofy and then he pulled me into the center of the tent and made everyone sing to me at this point I was red faced but made a very magical birthday .

We've been lucky enough to spend a few birthdays at WDW (except poor DD whose birthday is the beginning of January). Definitely make a note on any dining reservations - we have often been lucky with free treats. We have also ordered cakes from CP/Akershus and Beach Club room service plus Cinderella's slippers from CRT. A great birthday night out is HDDR :)

I'm also lucky enough to spend my next birthday in Disney , my plans so far are to do the Keys To The Kingdom Tour in the morning , then back to the room to change and Hoop Dee Doo for dinner.

I've just had my birthday here (on Sat) and because it was the 5k through Animal Kingdom, I did that then had a character breakfast at Tusker House.

Then hopped to MK for a dole whip and a shot on BTM and then ended up with dinner at O'hana and watched the fireworks from the beach!!

It really depends on what is important to you as there is so much to do here. Could hire a boat out around Bay Lake? Or visit a resort you've not been too? Or why not go shopping?

Should also note that my DBF arranged for me to be to made an official Disney Princess on my birthday, with proclamation, tiara, necklace, flowers and various other trinkets and surprises delivered to our room for me which was lovely :-)

We were out there for my birthday and DW bought me Wild Africa Trek... Loved it! Also did the rollercoaster tour at Busch Gardens, but then i'm a sciencey/engineering coaster geek so it was right up my street!

Did my 30th at Seaworld and did Dine With Shamu at lunch (sat poolside etc as they knew we were celebrating) then went to Medieval Times at night. We had the celebration package at Medieval Times where they gave us a souvenir group photo and programme for each of us and a slice of celebration cake as well as announcing that we were there and celebrating my 30th (to which the whole audience applauded!) All depends on what your idea of a good celebration is though. I am REALLY into history and marine life and I knew my 6 yr old son would also enjoy it so it seemed a great option for me but what works for one is not always another person's cup of tea. Hope you have a truly FAB birthday though! :)

For my 40th I chose seaworld and exDB arranged dine with shamu and the penguin encounter. As were staying at the Royal Pacific for 5 nights we ate at hard rock cafe on the night. A few cocktails on citywalk as well.
Have had a bday on Disney as well. Did CRT for breakfast had a few hours lunch at the plaza then went shopping.......... On my own with my mom .
Wherever you decide it will be magical

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For my friend's 25th birthday at WDW in March, I booked us a Fireworks View Room at the Dolphin for the night (we were staying off-site), ordered Champagne for the room and booked an early ADR at Coral Reef for dinner.

After dinner, we took the boat from EPCOT to the Dolphin, got ready to go out for the night, then watched Illuminations with Champagne on the balcony. As soon as the fireworks finished, we headed down to beat the crowd into Jellyrolls, for an awesome evening!

May not work for you if you're travelling with children but it was amazing!

Some good times had people. At the
moment I'm thinking breakfast at Chef Mickeys then across to Fort Wilderness to explore. Pony ride (not for me) and maybe bike hire if not too hot.

If I was celebrating my birthday out there I think it would have to be Discovery Cove :)

I would love to spend my birthday in WDW, I aim to do it for my 40th in a few years. My birthday is in December and I would spend it in MK with all the christmas decorations it would be amazing. To finish my birthday off watching wishes would be a dream come true :)

I've done it managed to get an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickeys for my birthday. So excited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter