Birthday wishes for a friend, remembering.... ** Nick update #13 **

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Over many of the past 21 years, I have posted rather lengthy threads here on the community board, remembering Sylvia, a disboard member, who back on June 7, 2001, passed away after a long fight against the beast, only 39 years old at the time. :( Most of those who knew her from back then have moved on, on their own accord, or otherwise. Most here today have no knowledge of this wonderful lady from so many years ago, nor of her son Nick. Nick, about 5 years old at the time, should be about 26 or so now.

Today, January 14th, we again celebrate Sylvia's birthday. She would have been 60.

Other than periodic updates about Nick and his grandma Margarete (Sylvia's mom), the lengthy reads both on Sylvia's birthday and date of passing, never really changed year to year. I'll be emailing Margarete today and if I have any updates on Nick, I will add here later. So rather than posting another sort of same, long thread, I just thought I would post this short thought, remembering this wonderful lady, Sylvia.

God speed, my friend, God speed. :hug:'s And continued good wishes for Nick.

Sylvia3_600X443.jpg

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
And the dreams that you dreamed of
Dreams really do come true
Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops is where you'll find me
Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dare to, oh why, oh why can't I?
Well I see trees of green and Red roses too,
I'll watch then bloom for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Well I see skies of blue and I see clouds of white
And the brightness of day
I like the dark and I think to myself
What a wonderful world
The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands
Saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying, I...I love you
I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more than
We'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world
Someday I'll wish upon a star,
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops is where you'll find me
Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
And the dreams that you dare to, ... why, oh why can't I
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Remembering our friend Sylvia today......

.​

Hard to believe that another year has gone by. Thank you for once again remembering Sylvia, Dan. you are always so thoughtful!

It's a lovely tribute. She must have a been a remarkable person for you to post these remembrances every year. You're very kind, Dan.

Dan….your tributes to Sylvia are always very touching and I wish I had the opportunity to know her.
Happy Birthday Sylvia!

I know she's over the rainbow smiling down on you, Dan.

I knew before I opened the thread that it must be a Sylvia remembrance day.

Hugs to you

I remember her. Thank you Dan for remembering her and posting such wonderful tributes. Hope her son Nick is doing well. Hard to believe it’s been so many years.
RIP Sylvia and Happy Birthday

I'll be emailing Margarete today and if I have any updates on Nick, I will add here later.

A Nick update....

For those who are wondering how Nick is doing, among the thoughts Sylvia's mom got back to me with were these about Nick......

Nick is doing very well with his insurance position. He finished his course with good marks, wrote the exam and got a very nice job offer almost immediately. He has been working from our home as an insurance broker dealing mainly with tenants insurance. He started his job in August and they were supposed to open up the office on Jan.1st of this year but due to Omicron this was delayed, and so he is still working from home. He doesn't mind at all as he gets to sleep in, hehe. His stepmom is in the insurance business as well and so has helped him with various work-related questions as they arose.

In the summer he and his dad went on their annual 1-week fishing trip and have another one booked for next year. Nick also spent 3 days at their house over Christmas.

So, that's the good news update on Nick. Nice to see he is doing well. And that he and his dad do their fishing, just like Sylvia used to do (see picture above).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter