Birthdays here, birthdays there, birthdays everywhere. A September 2021 Birthday Pre-Trip Report

CatNipRules

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I haven’t done a PTR in awhile.

this one is for my up birthday in September. I will be turning 50 10 days before Disney World. LOL. So my son always makes fun of me for being older than Disney World.

Who: Me, Michelle
Chris 24

When: September 13th thru the 23rd

Why: Birthday celebration

We will be flying to the world. I’m considering renting a car once we get there to make getting around easier. I'm still thinking about it now. I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but the cost of car rentals have really gone up. I remember paying like $300 for the same amount of days. Now it's over $500. Some of them want $800 for the time I'm going to be there. It's just crazy!!

We will be meeting up with some friends while we are there. There will be lots of eating and drinking and having a great time. I'll update more as we get closer....

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I went for my 50th a couple years ago so I am definitely older than WDW.

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I went for my 50th a couple years ago so I am definitely older than WDW.
Thank for following along. It's definitely going to be interesting. Already had a few things that I wasn't expecting happen.

Reactions: DLo
Okay, so one of the bad things about living in a town that has a small airport is that sometimes the flights can get cancelled and rescheduled.

Well, originally i was supposed to return on the 23rd. Well, I got an email this morning telling me that flight had been cancelled and rescheduled the next day. Well great. What to do. So I get on the phone with DVC and I had 14 points banked. Well supposedly you can't use them until next year. Whatever. However the more I thought about it, the more it irritated me. Because I purchased insurance through them and it covers the 14 banked points, but not the 12 that I had to borrow. I got it because being from Florida I know that September can sometimes be a bad hurricane month. LOL!! So, I'm back on the phone with them again. So, after waiting over an hour, it's a no go. The DVC person was kind of rude. I'm like whatever.

Being a DVC owner is great for the most part, but it's definitely irritating at times like this.

Since we bought just enough tickets to cover the time we are going to be there I'm trying to think what to do with the extra day. Well, my Aunt is a snowbird and lives in Florida half the year. So, I messaged her on Facebook to see if she's going to be there then. If so, we might make a day trip to see her. My sister also lives in FL and I wonder if I can talk her into meeting us. So, I talked to my cousin and she is going to be in FL. So, I'm definitely wanting to plan someting with her. Even if it's just going to her house.

Okay, so I haven’t done a PTR in awhile.

this one is for my up birthday in September. I will be turning 50 10 days before Disney World. LOL. So my son always makes fun of me for being older than Disney World.

Who: Me, Michelle
Chris 24

When: September 13th thru the 23rd

Why: Birthday celebration

We will be flying to the world. I’m considering renting a car once we get there to make getting around easier. I'm still thinking about it now. I'm not sure if it's just me or what, but the cost of car rentals have really gone up. I remember paying like $300 for the same amount of days. Now it's over $500. Some of them want $800 for the time I'm going to be there. It's just crazy!!

We will be meeting up with some friends while we are there. There will be lots of eating and drinking and having a great time. I'll update more as we get closer....
I think they're trying to make-up for the revenue lost last year since people are starting to get out and about again.

So, I normally order my groceries through Instacart. However, I know that they mark up the prices quite a bit. So, I'm trying something new. Some laid off cast members are doing things to make money while they are waiting for Disney to call them back. So, this one place is delivering groceries. It's a little more of a delivery fee, but I'll be helping out someone trying to make a living. I know the Instacart drivers do also, but I feel that some of them only care about quantity and not about getting what I actually want. I had 12 items on my list the last time and they only shopped for 8 of them. I figured I would try something new this time.

So we bought our Boo To You tickets. I'm looking forward to it.

So the Tusker House is open again. Not a fan of the food that they are serving how. I'm allergic to shrimp and the other food doesn't look appetizing. Even the breakfast doesn't look good. For what they are charging it doesn't looks like it's worth it right now.I'd much rather eat at Yak and Yeti. I love the cream cheese wontons for desert.

Can't wait until we can make our dining reservations.

I'm super nervous about boarding my kitties. I wish I could find someone to come and watch them at the house, but I think I've found a good place to take them.

Omg yes the cream cheese wontons :lovestruc

I’m so excited for our dining reservations!

So we bought our Boo To You tickets. I'm looking forward to it.

So the Tusker House is open again. Not a fan of the food that they are serving how. I'm allergic to shrimp and the other food doesn't look appetizing. Even the breakfast doesn't look good. For what they are charging it doesn't looks like it's worth it right now.I'd much rather eat at Yak and Yeti. I love the cream cheese wontons for desert.

Can't wait until we can make our dining reservations.

I'm super nervous about boarding my kitties. I wish I could find someone to come and watch them at the house, but I think I've found a good place to take them.
How did dining reservations go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter