Bizarre Treadmill Dancing????

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
OK, this is sooooo weird that I'm not sure I can describe it, but here goes:

There's a guy at our gym that gets on the treadmill and "strikes a pose", and then another pose, and another and on and on. He does all these crazy hand movements and little jumps. He turns sideways and backward and does a "Walk Like an Egyptian" kind of thing on there - all while it's moving. It's impossible not to laugh your butt off.

The other night in the middle of one of his turning jumps, he fell off. The guy next to me on the elliptical machine almost fell off too, he was laughing so hard.

Mind you, he does this for an hour or more everytime - and he doesn't talk to anyone else, even though he's VERY noticeable. Have you EVER heard of anything like this before? I wish I could videotape him and post it here - you guys would die!:D

I'm hysterical... that is awesome! wish I could see it too!!

You just have to SEE it to believe it. I laugh so hard that I have to stop exercising, or I'm afraid I'll hyperventilate and pass out.;)

Sounds like he's practicing for a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) tournament.

Now THAT would make me WANT to go to the gym.

Originally posted by jamsmom
Now THAT would make me WANT to go to the gym.

Yep. It's quite the attraction. DH used to see him at his old gym and would often tell me about him - naturally, I never imagined it was as weird as it is. I needed to see that for myself. I think it must be treadmill tai chi or something.;)

Oh my gosh! That is just too funny and just too cool! :teeth: I would love to be a guest at your gym for one night. :p

At my old gym, there was this stoner guy who is a body builder (yup, it's true, he was like PigPen, a cloud of reefer smoke used to follow him out of his car, into the gym, especially if the morning air was damp with dew! :eek:, and yup, he was HUGE and competed in lots and lots of contests! :eek: ). Anyway, I wouldn't want him to be my partner, wouldn't trust him spotting for me, but I LOVED to watch him. He was hysterical in the gym. He didn't mean to be, he just was! :teeth:

Sounds like he doesn't have all his dogs on one leash!

Originally posted by Blondie
Sounds like he doesn't have all his dogs on one leash!

No, that he doesn't.;)

Oh, he does wear one of those baseball caps with the long piece of material hanging down the back. I'm not sure what you call that - a doo rag maybe? It all looks very Far Eastern - maybe it's an official treadmill tai-chi costume.:confused:

Remember back in the 80's there was breakdancing and poppin'? Maybe he's trying to make them fashionable again?????:confused:

I sure do wish you could sneak a camera in there.....sounds hilarious...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter