BJ's - $500 Gift Card Sale through 5/4/19

ember1205

Mouseketeer
UPDATE: I just checked the web site (5:50PM EDT, 5/3) in an attempt to purchase another of these cards and they are no longer being shown. They have likely sold through their available quantity and they won't be available again until they run another sale in the future.

The $500 Disney Gift Card is regularly $479.99 at BJ's - A savings of about 4%.

Right now, and through 5/4/2019, they are on sale for $464.99 - A savings of about 7%. This is the biggest discount percentage that I have seen anywhere for Disney gift cards, and I took advantage of this type of sale for my trip this past January.

Disney gift cards can be used to purchase pretty much anything with the Disney logo, including cruises, stays on property, park tickets, etc. Now is a great time to grab some! I'm going to stock up to have the spending money available for my upcoming Food and Wine Festival trip this fall!

Last edited:
Right now if you have a Meijer nearby, they are offering 10% back on up to $500 in giftcards. I went today and picked up $500 of Disney GCs and will get $50 in mPerks rewards (have to spend it at Meijer) plus another 5% cashback ($25) for using my Chase Freedom which has 5% back for grocery stores in the current quarterly bonus.

Right now, and through 5/4/2019, they are on sale for $464.99 - A savings of about 7%. This is the biggest discount percentage that I have seen anywhere for Disney gift cards, and I took advantage of this type of sale for my trip this past January.

Disney gift cards can be used to purchase pretty much anything with the Disney logo, including cruises, stays on property, park tickets, etc. Now is a great time to grab some! I'm going to stock up to have the spending money available for my upcoming Food and Wine Festival trip this fall!
Thank you! I've been keeping an eye on the cards at BJ's to no avail but I just checked because of your post and ordered some just now. The $500 ones with a discount are very rare. Nice not to have a pile to scrape. Love having DVC dues paid already.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting us know.

If I were to buy the $500 gift card from BJs, could I use my Disney Visa to pay for it? I have the premier Visa card, which earns 2% at grocery stores. Does BJs count as a grocery store? I had been planning on buying a few thousand $ worth of gift cards from Target using my RedCard discount, to pay off the balance of my vacation package. But this sale price at BJs is just a little bit better (although I’d have to pay $10 to join BJs). Is there a limit to how many of the discounted $500 gift cards you can buy from BJs?

Thanks for posting!:)

If I were to buy the $500 gift card from BJs, could I use my Disney Visa to pay for it? I have the premier Visa card, which earns 2% at grocery stores. Does BJs count as a grocery store? I had been planning on buying a few thousand $ worth of gift cards from Target using my RedCard discount, to pay off the balance of my vacation package. But this sale price at BJs is just a little bit better (although I’d have to pay $10 to join BJs). Is there a limit to how many of the discounted $500 gift cards you can buy from BJs?
Typically warehouse stores, like BJ's, do not count as a grocery store.

This is what I do but unfortunately it only counts as 1% back and I also watched ebates and my last purchase did not get cash back because gift cards are excluded at BJs. But it is still a great deal. :)

Visa is Visa, so no problem using the Disney logo version. But, as mentioned, club stores are not categorized as grocery stores, so you won't get that cash back rate.

During the Christmas shopping season, they show a limit of three cards of any value per member. This sale shows no limits. Even when limited, you can typically get around that by simply placing multiple orders with each other staying within the limits.

Can I use multiple gift cards to pay my balance on MDE? There used to be a place online you could see your balance owed but I can’t find it & didn’t know if you were limited to a certain number of gift card payments.

Your best bet would be to call in to have them apply gift cards to your balance. I don't remember if there's a limit to the number of cards you can use on line, but I don't believe there is one if you call in.

If you have cards with smaller values (meaning smaller than the $500 cards predominantly), you can transfer the values to a single card first and then use that card for the payment. Any gift card can have up to $1000 in value. Do that here: https://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/Transfer

FYI... It appears that this sale has ended early due to supply. I was going to buy another card today and they are no longer shown on the web site (and you can't buy them at this price in the store).

how often do they have this sale? I bought 2 earlier, but I was going to buy 2 more.

FYI... It appears that this sale has ended early due to supply. I was going to buy another card today and they are no longer shown on the web site (and you can't buy them at this price in the store).
I just logged into BJs and the Disney $500 GC is still available for $464.99.

I just logged into BJs and the Disney $500 GC is still available for $464.99.

Not sure what’s up with that. The Disney card is no longer coming up for me on the sale page either. And it is the 480 on the regular page.

Last edited:
It might be a geographical thing based on the warehouse that would actually fill the order.

They run sales various times of the year and they will alter the pricing slightly. I made purchases of Disney gift cards last year in late October and early December both - at that time they were 8% off (the current sale is/was 7%).

I am on the 5/11 sailing of the Fantasy and have a Food & Wine trip planned for the beginning of November. I bought cards yesterday to use in November toward park tickets and food purchases then realized that I should get one more card to use for my onboard account for the cruise. I will use one of the "just purchased" cards for the cruise and will watch for another sale during the summer to replace what I use prior to the November trip.

It might be a geographical thing based on the warehouse that would actually fill the order.

They run sales various times of the year and they will alter the pricing slightly. I made purchases of Disney gift cards last year in late October and early December both - at that time they were 8% off (the current sale is/was 7%).

Thanks for the info. I joined just for this sale so no idea how these things work.. I got quite a few this morning, but a family member waited til this evening & missed out. She doesn’t need them til Christmas, so we’ll keep an eye out for more sales. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter