BK Reign of Fire Testing (YES!) And Possible *SPOILERS*!

Testtrack321

<font color=blue>Good GOD, man, quit banging your
Let's see her, hmm?

ScreamScape.com Reports...

2004 - BEASTLY KINGDOM - (3/15/02) The latest rumor tells us that not only is Beastly Kingdom on, but there is some kind of “gate testing” going on for the Dragon coaster at the Central Shops. The latest details about the system is that it may use a kind of multistage launch system to propel the riders from one story segment, stop you to unveil some of the story and then launch you into the next section of the ride, until you reach your thrilling final confrontation with a fire breathing dragon. Of course, nothing is certain until construction actually starts... so I would hope that we start to learn something in the next few months following the completion of the Dinoland expansion.

They also say this about the "Random Drop Profile" for MGM...

Fall 2002 - New Twilight Zone Drop Sequence - Rumor - (3/15/02) We’ve recieved a rumor that each side of the ToT is scheduled to go down briefly this fall for a full rehab. It seems that the drop sequence may not be the only thing that will be changed when this new version opens.

And Episode II Motion Simulator...

2003/2004 - STAR TOURS II: Pod Racers - (3/15/02) Is the new Star Tours project back in development? One rumor claims that some Cast Members have been recruited to “test ride” some new movement programs. Can anyone confirm this or know more?

Very interesting...
Looks like the "Golden Age" is comming back. E$iner (C) learned his lesson yet? Stay tuned...

Now, see the Dragon thing sounds interesting, and would certainly scream Disney to me. Kind of Splash Mountain-ish in a way, with slow "story" sections intermixed with thrill. However, my Disney goodwill is still in short supply and I need *action* and not just *talk* before I start believing the penduluum is swinging the other way.

Not sure I believe that Pod Racers is coming though, I would have thought AV would have given us a head's up that the Lucas/Disney relationship is thawing. But perhaps another simulator attraction, in an underperforming park, requires some new movement programs...

Talk is good.
Sure, we need actions, but with the last wave of construction almost done, talk is all we have. This seems pretty reliable, since Screamscape was the first to report many things, such as the magical moments pins, M:S, and others. Sure, we should still take it with a grain of salt, but this is pretty reliable. The Pod thing is less reliable than ToT, but the big BK news is pretty relaible.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Or at least a little flame. Or a spark. Or a smoking gun. But there's always something...

Even if the rumors are true, there's no guarantee they will progress past the current stages. But this does offer a glimmer of hope for these things.

I'm still of the opinion, misguided though it maybe, that there is just no way Eisner/Pressler thinks they can get away with producing nothing better than PW and TS. Even they realize you need a real E-ticket in order to sell t-shirts for it, right?

Seriously though, egos maybe too big to publically admit mistakes like those made with DCA, but any bottom-line businessman has to at least privately acknowledge that things must be done differently. That may not be the reason many were hoping a change would take place, but it still should bring about some change for the better.

Or it may just be that capital spending was just being temporarily slowed because of the major expansion in Anaheim and the receding economy. Maybe Eisner's "reaping the benefits" comment wasn't taken completely in context after all...

I would agree with Hopemax. Its always nice to read about great rumors and e-rides but "show me the Money". I will get my hopes upt once construction actually starts and believe once people are on the attraction and its proven that things were cut back at the last minute to save money!!!

The last I heard, Lucas was still angry with Disney. I hope that someone can confirm or deny this.

A roller coaster? Oh no, another thrill ride? Just joshing, this is a good thing (I hope).

If anything it does spark some new hope the BK will get off the ground, finally. Its good to have some rummors on the board again.

Ah....I think I will have to guard myself about believing these....it would be so disappointing if they weren't true. We need BK...and the ride idea sounds incredible.

..been dying to hear some positive info about Reign of Fire for months and months now. The ride descriptions both here and on other sites sound as though this attraction has the potential to be phenomenal.

About the cooling relationship between Disney and Lucas--I just read, either here or on another board, that George Lucas was spotted at a Disney restaurant just a month or so ago. Now, I know that doesn't mean that Disney and Lucas are bosom buddies again--but I wonder if Lucas would have chosen to take his family to Disney for a vacation if bad blood was continuing. Again, this sighting is not from an "official source," but from a guest who ran into Lucas (and whose son got an autograph from Lucas via a cast member) in a restaurant where both were dining.

Let's all hope, shall we, that Disney's getting back on the right track...

Joe
***"A Walt Disney World Resort Outing" New Vacation Guide***

Sounds interesting. I'm another one who will wait till we see some "construction" to believe it, though. Too many times I've been disappointed. I would love to see BK come to life, finally.

Come on you guys! This is what RUMORS are! They're speculation based on some information often from someone unknow. Certainly, more often than not, rumors will turn out to be false, but what oh what if this one were true! This ride sounds like a dandy!!!:D
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

The Star Tours replacement sounds like the biggest leap of the three. However, if all they wanted was to test ride capabilities why pick Body Wars? They wouldn’t have to worry about taking a few pods out of operation being the more attendance challenged of the two.

I remember a year ago someone talking about some new enhancements coming to ToT. The guess was some type of special effect (forced air?). This combined with the long awaited random drop sequence would be great and seems reasonable.

It has been awhile since Mr. Presslar made that fateful comment about something big coming to DAK in 2004. I think one of our moderators even followed it up for several months confirming that BK was actually in development, but things have been very quiet on this front for awhile now. I do take this new rumor as a positive sign, even if the timing feels more like 2006 at this rate.

How good is the rumor mill?

In some respects it doesn’t seem that bad. I think many of the rumors have been real attraction proposals. Just nowhere close to being approved, and some that got the rug pulled out along the way (Fire Mtn?). It was a rumor, well over a year ago, that a new 3D experience would replace the HOP. Turned out to be Philarmagic. Figment’s return was rumored well before the JIYI shutdown. Space and the centrifuges have been talked about for it seems like decades. The Primeval Whirl model sure wasn’t too far off the mark (unfortunately).

How about the 5 best and worst rumors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter