Black Friday Buddies 2011 Unite!

Last couple of years we've not really been in the market for anything "big", but the wife and I go out just for the fun of it. We consider it the true kickoff to the holiday season.

This year we're in the market for a TV. :scared1:

Gonna be crazy!:dance3:

Get to your store early, TVs go fast. Got one last year, and pretty much everyone in line I talked to said they were there for a TV. We were in line early so we got the TV, but not everyone who lined up for that got it.

Last year (on Black Friday) I bought a Macbook Pro (full price) at Best Buy and I received a free $125 Best Buy gift card. It sucks that Apple doesn't discount their products...you might have better luck shopping at Best Buy like I did. :thumbsup2

I would have used my free gift card to purchase more Christmas gifts, but the cashier said we could put it towards buying an extended warranty for the laptop, so that's what we did.

diznee25

I will definitely check out Best Buy. Last year at WalMart I got a $50.00 gift card for each iTouch so that was nice. I had to have three of us in line to get them though, so much for being surprised on Christmas morning. :laughing:

That was nice that they let you use your gift card toward the extended warranty. :thumbsup2

Has anyone ever seen a good deal on DSLR cameras on BF? I have purchased point and shoot cameras for my DD on BF before and have gotten great deals, but I would really like to upgrade her to a DSLR camera if there is any way that I can possibly afford it.

I believe we have purchased about 3-4 cameras for her in the past 5-6 years. Each one a little better than the last, and I would love to be to take the next step!

Hi all just checking in! Can't wait for Black Friday. I have no idea what the kids want yet...they are always so late in giving me lists. I tell them get it to me by Oct. 31 or I get you what I WANT!

I am thinking of asking for an IPad2 from the DH. He may faint, but we have rugs!

I'm in! Looking for rock bottom on a new Wii and Wii fit. I know Target had a good deal this week, but I'm hoping for better if I hold out.

I'm hoping to buy 2-3 small tv's for around the house as x-mas gifts for my parents. I really don't want to deal with the people on black friday for any electronics. I will be out buying clothes and other such stuff! :thumbsup2
I think I'm going to get the tv's online on Cyber Monday. Has anyone done this before? walmart.com is probably where I'll be shopping.

I'm hoping to buy 2-3 small tv's for around the house as x-mas gifts for my parents. I really don't want to deal with the people on black friday for any electronics. I will be out buying clothes and other such stuff! :thumbsup2
I think I'm going to get the tv's online on Cyber Monday. Has anyone done this before? walmart.com is probably where I'll be shopping.

Anyone try Amazon for TVs? Just wondering......

I ordered a lot of my Christmas gifts from amazon last year and I plan on trying to do that again this year.

Has anyone ever seen a good deal on DSLR cameras on BF? I have purchased point and shoot cameras for my DD on BF before and have gotten great deals, but I would really like to upgrade her to a DSLR camera if there is any way that I can possibly afford it.

I believe we have purchased about 3-4 cameras for her in the past 5-6 years. Each one a little better than the last, and I would love to be to take the next step!

We were watching the DSLR cameras last year and it seemed like a lot of the lower end brands or old model cameras were on sale, or really, really high end expensive ones had a bit of a markdown. There weren't any good, newer, middle of the line cameras for decent prices.

Amazon is having a really good sale right now on their Nikon DSLR's. The D3100 and the D5100 are both at the lowest prices that they've ever been at and if you buy one of the cameras, you get $100-$150 off certain lenses, through 10/15. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1322263262&pf_rd_i=B003ZYF3LO)

The Nikon D3100 is rated as one of the highest, entry-mid level camera. The D5100 is rated as one of the higher mid level cameras.

Last week, I ordered DH the Nikon D3100 camera with the extra 55-200 mm VR lens for about $620 shipped, with no taxes. I highly doubt I'm going to find anything cheaper for this on black friday....

We were watching the DSLR cameras last year and it seemed like a lot of the lower end brands or old model cameras were on sale, or really, really high end expensive ones had a bit of a markdown. There weren't any good, newer, middle of the line cameras for decent prices.

Amazon is having a really good sale right now on their Nikon DSLR's. The D3100 and the D5100 are both at the lowest prices that they've ever been at and if you buy one of the cameras, you get $100-$150 off certain lenses, through 10/15. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1322263262&pf_rd_i=B003ZYF3LO)

The Nikon D3100 is rated as one of the highest, entry-mid level camera. The D5100 is rated as one of the higher mid level cameras.

Last week, I ordered DH the Nikon D3100 camera with the extra 55-200 mm VR lens for about $620 shipped, with no taxes. I highly doubt I'm going to find anything cheaper for this on black friday....

I have this exact camera and lens and that is an INCREDIBLE price! Congrats!!! You will love it too. It's one of my top 2 electronics purchases I've ever made.

I have this exact camera and lens and that is an INCREDIBLE price! Congrats!!! You will love it too. It's one of my top 2 electronics purchases I've ever made.

That's wonderful to hear. I know nothing about cameras. I had my dad help me and read lots of review and consumer reports, so I'm glad to hear from someone that's actually used it and loves it. And I'm happy too... I was planning on spending around $1000 for a decent DSLR, the lenses, camera bag, etc so I'm really happy to come in well under budget! (It's for DH for Christmas, so that helps my Christmas budget!!!)

Family and I will be flying to the World this coming Black Friday. I think it is a much better reason to get up early in the morning instead of standing in Line at Walmart!!:wizard:

Thanks so much for the information!!

I do have a question for you. If I don't buy the extra lens right away, will the camera still be as amazing as it is with the extra lens? I would love to buy the camera for Christmas and maybe the lens for her graduation.

Does anyone know if audiobooks are ever discounted on Black Friday?
They're so expensive but if I could find a good discount I would like to buy one for DH for Christmas!

TIA! :santa:

diznee25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter