Black Friday Experiences?

Callie

Always Dreaming of Disney Magic
How is everyone's shopping going?

I ordered some stuff online yesterday, and then my mom and I ventured to Penny's around 6:30 to walk off some food since it's a block away. Found parking pretty easy, and the store wasn't too insane. Ended up deciding to buy what seems like an entire new kitchen from the 9.99 small appliances, and then some pots and pans. Add in a few clothes. I was planning on buying a pair of jeans, whoops! We dragged that back to the car, and then went back for the mall. It wasn't too bad, until we hit Macy's. Crazy busy.

Spent about 4 hours or so total at the mall just looking around. By the end of the night it had gotten crazy busy (was open until 1am). We then made a stop at McDonald's Tea and a muffin before hitting up Michael's. It wasn't very busy at all in there around 11:45. Finally got back home around 12:45. I have plenty to return because I got better deals in store than what I had decided to order online ahead of time. Whoops!

Today we went out and had lunch, then hit up petsmart for the girls.

Well, the trampoline on sale at Academy was cheaper on Amazon. And we went about noon today to Walmart and they still had every TV that was on sale last night so we got a new one for the living room. And a drill that I was looking at for ds was over 50% off and still in stock so I grabbed that too! All and all, I slept in, shopped from home and grabbed the deals I wanted when I made a run to Walmart after the crowds were gone!

Today we went out and had lunch, then hit up petsmart for the girls.

Darn it....I forgot about PetSmart. They had a 35 lb bucket of Tidy Cat kitty litter for $7.99 this morning. I don't remember if it was a limited hours special.

Plus all animals were half-price. There was this white ball python for $429 that I could have gotten for $215. ;)

After going out to a friend's house for Thanksgiving lunch, we drove by Target and saw about 8-10 people huddled in the cold by the door. This was at around 2 p.m. I don't know what kind of deals Target had to make people wait out in the freezing cold like that for over 4 hours. I sure didn't see any.

We went to Walmart last night and got everything we wanted. It got pretty crazy and a lot of people started busting into things before 6 p.m. We heard about a couple of people who were thrown out of the store for digging stuff out of the containers (DVDs, toys, etc.) before it was time to grab them (around 5 p.m.). They did it right in the sight of a manager and got immediately thrown out of the store.

It was really cold here, so I'm glad we got to wait inside. All the employees at the store were really friendly, which was nice.

We witnessed someone that we recognized (a distant friend) participating in what I'll say was very "unsportsmanlike conduct" while shopping last night. I don't think she saw us, but we definitely saw her. I guess Black Friday brings out peoples true colors... :scared:

We have a brand new Petsmart which opened last week. My niece went this morning to take advantage of the sales (like the kitty litter), and they were turning people away at the door, telling them they weren't doing the Black Friday sale..she was pretty disappointed :(

Well, the trampoline on sale at Academy was cheaper on Amazon. And we went about noon today to Walmart and they still had every TV that was on sale last night so we got a new one for the living room. And a drill that I was looking at for ds was over 50% off and still in stock so I grabbed that too! All and all, I slept in, shopped from home and grabbed the deals I wanted when I made a run to Walmart after the crowds were gone!

Our Walmart only had about 10 of the tvs advertised and were out of them within 30 min according to my niece who was there. She said they had the aisles blocked off and the only items you could buy were the ones in the ad, sounds dumb to me..but I don't shop Thanksgiving or Black Friday, I'm waiting for Cyber Monday. We tried to get one of the tvs online yesterday and they didn't have them on the website either, so we'll find one another time.

I did Petsmart for the kitty litter deal. There were either shelter or rescue types buying mass quantities. They were pretty aggressive. (Think the old days of fights for cheap TV at big box stores.) Those of us who were just there for a few buckets just worked around them. They had a huge supply. After that I did Stein Mart. It was empty so shopping was pleasant. I was home just after 8.

DW was at Target and a mall this morning, she said it was very quiet. Store employees said there were people waiting in line to get in at opening, but when that initial crowd cleared out, it was a a quiet Friday. DW wasn't shopping for any doorbuster type items, just some heavily discounted things for the granddaughters.

I didn't go out at all yesterday. Today I went out after lunch and it wasn't really bad. I went to Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Target. The worst was Best Buy and that was due to the fact there were only 2 cashiers! I was only buying a few items at Wal-Mart so I used self-checkout and was in and out in like 20 minutes. Honestly the worst thing about Black Friday was how cold it was here!

It snowed here all day yesterday, so after dinner the roads were a mess. I had done a bunch of online ordering, so I didn't have that many places to go. But I did make it to a Michaels (just not my preferred one) and JC Penny and got a new winter coat. So it was successful.

We did Old Navy yesterday at around 5 pm. I think most people didn't realize that they opened at 4 instead of 6, so it was empty until we left (was filling quickly, then). Went to kohl's then - they opened at 6...at 6:45 we went to get in line and the line was over 2 hours long. Wrapped all the way around the store. We put our 3 items up and booked it. Totally insane.

We went to the mall last yesterday and got a few things from American Eagle. Today we went to Walmart and got Inside Out and Jurassic World on blu-Ray :lovestruc

shopped online, easy restin in my pajamas :P

I do wonder if amazon will cancel my member. I keep ordering single items. so far i got like 8 single items to be delivered to me... lol

Costco was empty. Talked with manager who said they were way overstaffed and losing money due to low number of customers.

Placed an order online early this morning at Pier 1 for store pickup. Didn't find the amount of people in the store terrible, but I only had to wait in the check out line since my order was all bagged up and ready to go when I got there :)

Ordered some game of thrones stocking stuffers for DH from HBO on Wednesday night when their sale started.

On Thursday I went to Wal-Mart got there at 12:30. We wanted the 70 inch tv. We were the first one there for that tv. They only had 6. Hung out until 6, got the tv. Then got some toys for the toy drive at the hospital my DH works at. Also got some blu rays after that we stopped at Jack in the box for dinner and were home before 8.

There were 2 items at Walmart I wanted to get but the one item is not shipped and can't do an inshore pickup. So how does that work buying online? I sure was laughing. And to get the other item they were charging me 5 for shipping. I just said forget it.

I went out at 4:15 this morning. I hit up Kohl's and Target, which are completely dead at that time. I hit up Meijer for their sale starting at 6. Then I went to Home Depot and the other Meijer (the 1st Meijer only stocked 2 iHomes). I wanted to get to Best Buy when they reopened at 8 so on a whim, I went to Walmart with no plan. After finding a toy I liked, I saw a thermal laminator on sale. I couldn't find it so I asked an employee where it would be if they still had them. He said,"This ad was over at midnight." Since that was so completely untrue, I spent 45 minutes looking for it in a misguided moral victory attempt. It was found and what do you know? Still on sale.

After that, Best Buy, Lowe's, and TSC, home by 9.

Dashofsunshine, my dad and I also went to Kohl's this morning around 11am and the line was crazy! My dad changed his mind quickly about the pajamas he had and we got out of there. I went to Kmart later and thanks to surprise points got a wonderful deal on a parka and 2 Christmas Stockings. Kmart was busy but nothing like Kohl's!

ETA: Target did not offer the 10% off Target Store GC's as I posted in another thread this morning. I was able to get the 20% of coupon by purchasing $75(+ actually) on Disney Gift Cards. The coupon is valid starting on the 4th. That 20% excludes all GC's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter