Black Friday

Just be careful, many of the "Black Friday Bargains" are inferior products or versions made just to be sold cheaply for Black Friday.

I have been wondering about this, and also about whether some stores (e.g. Kohls) just sell inferior versions of a product generally (their Nike stuff seems off to me, but that's just a hunch). Do you have any authoritative sources that discuss which stores and/or products this might be an issue with?

I've often heard that about BF products, mainly TVs and other electronics, but in all the years I've purchased BF specials I've never found that the supposed inferior quality has ever been the case.
In general I think most products are made as cheaply as possible, and don't last a lifetime like they once used too, BF specials are no exception.

I have been wondering about this, and also about whether some stores (e.g. Kohls) just sell inferior versions of a product generally (their Nike stuff seems off to me, but that's just a hunch). Do you have any authoritative sources that discuss which stores and/or products this might be an issue with?
Their Nike gear might be similar to what happens when clothes are made specifically for a retailer. This is common with items at Nordstrom rack.

As of today I have to pay sales tax to B&H. :( The PS4 bundle has caught my eye. I’m still going back and forth if that’s the direction I want to go. My girls would be happy with it but ultimately it would be my son who uses it the most so I’m not sure I want to make it one big gift for all. I’m just having a hard time thinking of something else. I’m hedging my bets until I see all ads.
That sucks. California appears to still be exempt. I’m also looking at the other two console bundles (PS4 and Xbox One), But will get the bundles from where ever is cheapest with items I want in the bundle.

So far nothing really great is jumping out at me. DD18 picked up some of the Big One throws at the Kohl's Elite event today for gifts for her friends since they are a slightly better deal than they will be on Black Friday (additional 20% off today, only 15% off on Black Friday) plus she wanted specific patterns that could go out of stock so better safe then sorry.

Otherwise the only things I'm even really mulling over is a robot vacuum and a few cheap DVDs from Target. But those are things that I would grab only if easily available, I'm not going to stay up all night hitting refresh or venture out to a store for them.

I was hoping Target would have the Crazy Rich Asians blu ray/dvd/digital combo on sale but no such luck. Come on Best Buy/Amazon!

So far nothing really great is jumping out at me. DD18 picked up some of the Big One throws at the Kohl's Elite event today for gifts for her friends since they are a slightly better deal than they will be on Black Friday (additional 20% off today, only 15% off on Black Friday) plus she wanted specific patterns that could go out of stock so better safe then sorry.

Otherwise the only things I'm even really mulling over is a robot vacuum and a few cheap DVDs from Target. But those are things that I would grab only if easily available, I'm not going to stay up all night hitting refresh or venture out to a store for them.

I was hoping Target would have the Crazy Rich Asians blu ray/dvd/digital combo on sale but no such luck. Come on Best Buy/Amazon!
I’m not holding out hope on that movie going on sale for Black Friday since it’s being released 2 days before thanksgiving.

I’m not holding out hope on that movie going on sale for Black Friday since it’s being released 2 days before thanksgiving.

I've gotten new release deals in the past on Black Friday. Not $5 or $10, but a decent sale at least.

I've gotten new release deals in the past on Black Friday. Not $5 or $10, but a decent sale at least.
I’m expecting some stores to have deals on movies coming out next week and the week after. I’m not expecting more than targets usual $2-4 off release week for something coming out on November 20.

Interesting that you cite an article which (a) is about one specific type of product, and (b) very clearly uses a number of terms like, "could", " might", and "possible".
Just the first I found. I was out on Black Friday at Target when folks pointed out that the TV on Special came with just a 30 day warranty, and just one set of imput jacks.

Just the first I found. I was out on Black Friday at Target when folks pointed out that the TV on Special came with just a 30 day warranty, and just one set of imput jacks.

I've seen news stories about bf tvs. I think the cheaper they are and limited quantity means made for bf and not as good. But I think if you do your research you can prob find good deals. Whether they are better at bf than other salea times I don't know. I would never but a 40" tv for 200 and expect it to be good or last though.

I've seen news stories about bf tvs. I think the cheaper they are and limited quantity means made for bf and not as good. But I think if you do your research you can prob find good deals. Whether they are better at bf than other salea times I don't know. I would never but a 40" tv for 200 and expect it to be good or last though.
LOL $200 is the going rate for a good 40" TV. We just bought 3 40" Dynex TV's for $79 each. Those would be suspect

So this years plan is to try and get all shopping done on Black Friday and that weekend. We are Canadian but live very close to the border so over the years we have seen Black Friday sales start to trickle over here. It’s not our Thanksgiving so my husband and I booked a day off for Friday. We will shop in Canada Friday. There will be some decent deals and tax free sales but no crazy lines or crowds. After we are done shopping here we are heading to the U.S. where we have a hotel in PA for two nights. We will carefully shop your deals as the exchange rate stinks. I plan to have my calculator on hand. But clothes at the outlets on sale , with no tax in PA , will almost definitely be a better deal than here.

I don’t shop much so I actually like it. I’m looking forward to spending the weekend away with my Dh and being mostly done when the weekend is over. Nothing kills my holiday mood more than driving out over and over and over to pick up things and rushing around after work and weekends to get it all done.

Well, I think you have to be careful but I do know that myself and several others I know have bought TVs and DVD players on BF and they were well worth what we paid. Maybe we were just all lucky but I have two that were bought for my kids that they moved out with and ds now has his kids using. So I wouldn't be as quick to say their are inferior.

Now, there are those lovely WalMart and Target Black Friday "appliances for $5" and stuff they do not even sell normally, THOSE don't last until the New Year. I wouldn't buy some of the lap tops that are "oh so cheap" either unless perhaps it was for a child's first one that probably isn't going to be taken care of the best anyway.

If you can wait sometimes you can get better deals/quality after the holidays on TVs, just before the Superbowl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter