"Black Lives Matter" - it's stupid. Just cut the crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of the Black Lives Matter movement isn't that all lives don't matter. Obviously, they do. But protesters are concerned with the systematic racism that is present in our society. Do yourself a favor and take the Harvard Implicit Association Test (google Project Implicit). It's a really sobering look at your own biases.

I can see why politics are banned from the DIS, they can get unpleasant fast.

Yeah I'll do that after I attend 5 funerals in Dallas.

PC crap

These are just a FEW of their "poster children."
Trayvon Martin had nothing to do with the police. Two civilian morons found each other, got into a fight, and one of them died. Zimmerman was found Not Guilty, as he should have been, because his case was pure self-defense. He's still an idiot, but not a murderer.

Michael Brown's killer was not prosecuted because all the physical evidence, and African-American witnesses, confirmed that Brown tried to take the officer's gun away from him, and even when he escaped from the officer, he resumed his attack and charged the officer. The prosecutor ruled it was a justified shooting, because it was a justified shooting. Brown, incidentally, was initially confronted by the officer in connection with a robbery -- a very serious felony in all states -- which was documented on a convenience store security camera.

The one case that is a real miscarriage of justice is the Freddie Gray case, but not for the reasons you would like to hear. Freddie Gray was arrested by Baltimore Police for carrying an illegal knife. He was placed in a police prisoner van for transport to a booking facility. When they arrived, he was found unconscious and was rushed to a trauma center where he subsequently died. He died of spinal trauma.

In 25 years of police work, I have never heard of a prisoner dying in a prisoner van from traumatic injury. (This is in Miami, with 30 or so police departments making 200-500 arrests per day, all of whom are transported to booking facilities.) Drug overdose, sure. But trauma? How? Absent a major traffic accident, major trauma is practically impossible.

So what happened to Freddie Gray? He was murdered.

Freddie Gray was arrested and injured on April 12, 2015. He died a week later, on April 19. The Mayor of Baltimore and the State's Attorney then engaged in a testosterone check to see who could be tougher on the police department. State Attorney Marilyn Mosby won, charging six police officers with Gray's death on May 1st -- less than two weeks from the date of his death and an impossibly short period of time for even the basic medical examiner's data to be received. This "prosecutor's" case was garbage, as could be expected when you rush to judgement for political reasons. The first officer's case ended in a mistrial. Two other officers have been tried by judges (because that's the trial you opt for if the FACTS are on your side), and both officers have been found Not Guilty. The other trials are pending, and if actually prosecuted, will be bench trials resulting in additional not guilty verdicts.

So who killed Freddie Gray?

Nobody knows and nobody will ever know -- because the politicians precluded a professional investigation.

But somebody
(could have been a police officer, could have been another arrestee who was in the same compartment with Gray -- contrary to police testimony) murdered Freddie Gray.

We will never know who...because of politics. Not a fault with the criminal justice system, but politics which refused to let the system work and let the facts come out...probably because they were afraid the facts would not show what they wanted. Their political careers -- now justifiably in ruins -- were more important.

And that's a shame. For Freddie Gray, for the Baltimore Police Department, and for the people of Baltimore who are now struggling with a horrific murder rate because their police are afraid of their politicians.

Last edited:
There seem to be quite a few here that imagine that "black lives matter" is prefaced with "only." That's just flat out wrong. Simply because one thing matters doesn't imply nothing else does. BLM developed because of evidence that that black lives didn't matter.

So, rather than imply BLack Lives Matter is prefaced with "only" how about this: Because of killings and brutality at the hands of law enforcement officers and the indifference to these actions by society in general and the criminal justice system in particular, it is important for advocates to proclaim that . . . Black Lives Matter.

But that's too long to fit on a tee shirt. It just doesn't work as a sound bite.

Trayvon Martin had nothing to do with the police. Two civilian morons found each other, got into a fight, and one of them died. Zimmerman was found Not Guilty, as he should have been, because his case was pure self-defense. He's still an idiot, but not a murderer.

Michael Brown's killer was not prosecuted because all the physical evidence, and African-American witnesses, confirmed that Brown tried to take the officer's gun away from him, and even when he escaped from the officer, he resumed his attack and charged the officer. The prosecutor ruled it was a justified shooting, because it was a justified shooting. Brown, incidentally, was initially confronted by the officer in connection with a robbery -- a very serious felony in all states -- which was documented on a convenience store security camera.

The one case that is a real miscarriage of justice is the Freddie Gray case, but not for the reasons you would like to hear. Freddie Gray was arrested by Baltimore Police for carrying an illegal knife. He was placed in a police prisoner van for transport to a booking facility. When they arrived, he was found unconscious and was rushed to a trauma center where he subsequently died. He died of spinal trauma.

In 25 years of police work, I have never heard of a prisoner dying in a prisoner van from traumatic injury. (This is in Miami, with 30 or so police departments making 200-500 arrests per day, all of whom are transported to booking facilities.) Drug overdose, sure. But trauma? How? Absent a major traffic accident, major trauma is practically impossible.

So what happened to Freddie Gray? He was murdered.

Freddie Gray was arrested and injured on April 12, 2015. He died a week later, on April 19. The Mayor of Baltimore and the State's Attorney then engaged in a testosterone check to see who could be tougher on the police department. State Attorney Marilyn Mosby won, charging six police officers with Gray's death on May 1st -- less than two weeks from the date of his death and an impossibly short period of time for even the basic medical examiner's data to be received. This "prosecutor's" case was garbage, as could be expected when you rush to judgement for political reasons. The first officer's case ended in a mistrial. Two other officers have been tried by judges (because that's the trial you opt for if the FACTS are on your side), and both officers have been found Not Guilty. The other trials are pending, and if actually prosecuted, will be bench trials resulting in additional not guilty verdicts.

So who killed Freddie Gray?

Nobody knows and nobody will ever know -- because the politicians precluded a professional investigation. Somebody (could have been a police officer, could have been another arrestee who was in the same compartment with Gray -- contrary to police testimony) murdered Freddie Gray.

We will never know who...because of politics. Not a fault with the criminal justice system, but politics which refused to let the system work and let the facts come out...probably because they were afraid the facts would not show what they wanted. Their political careers -- now justifiably in ruins -- were more important.

And that's a shame. For Freddie Gray, for the Baltimore Police Department, and for the people of Baltimore who are now struggling with a horrific murder rate because their police are afraid of their politicians.

Just more evidence the system is perfect and we don't need to even consider changing anything. There were definitely justifiable reasons the killers of ALL of the other people on this list and the hundreds who aren't weren't convicted for really ANYTHING. Not negligence. Not excessive force. Nothing. Same with these latest two incidents im sure. I'm with you. Black people need to suck it up, take responsibility, shut up, and stop complaining. It's about time right? They've had equal rights and been being treated completely fairly since 1969. Or even before that really. It's been fair way back since we actually started letting them vote. I mean, what more do they want?

There seem to be quite a few here that imagine that "black lives matter" is prefaced with "only." That's just flat out wrong. Simply because one thing matters doesn't imply nothing else does. BLM developed because of evidence that that black lives didn't matter.

So, rather than imply BLack Lives Matter is prefaced with "only" how about this: Because of killings and brutality at the hands of law enforcement officers and the indifference to these actions by society in general and the criminal justice system in particular, it is important for advocates to proclaim that . . . Black Lives Matter.

But that's too long to fit on a tee shirt. It just doesn't work as a sound bite.
I said that a while back on this thread but nobody wants to listen. They hear #ONLYblacklivesmatter while we're screaming #EVENblacklivesmatter.

Just more evidence the system is perfect and we don't need to even consider changing anything. There were definitely justifiable reasons the killers of ALL of the other people on this list and the hundreds who aren't weren't convicted for really ANYTHING. Not negligence. Not excessive force. Nothing. Same with these latest two incidents im sure. I'm with you. Black people need to suck it up, take responsibility, shut up, and stop complaining. It's about time right? They've had equal rights and been being treated completely fairly since 1969. Or even before that really. It's been fair was back since we actually started letting the vote. I mean, what more do they want?
You're just making the same silly comment over and over again. You're not persuading anyone.

You're just making the same silly comment over and over again. You're not persuading anyone.
And your just saying over and over that there is nothing to pursuade anybody on because there is no problem. So if there is no problem what are we even discussing?

Is killing a police officer classified as a hate crime?

No, even when it is stated they were specifically targeted

Which members of the BLM movement would you classify as terrorists and why?

Well maybe the ones who came armed & with Kevlar vests ?

My son, who is white, is also 14 and also has Autism. He is followed whenever he ventures out alone as well, because his behavior does not fit the norm. I don't like it, but I understand it, as to look at him, you do not know he is autistic unless you are informed of such. Has nothing to do with his race.

Autism has just reached LE radar. I just attended a symposium on dealing with autistic community. It was eye opening. I had no idea the intricacies of the autistic. Btw it was run by a large national autism organization.

That's where I am. It doesn't matter what relationship people have with one another, at some level the other person wants to feel like they are 1. Acknowledged 2. Validated. Whether it's a customer service issue, "I want the business to acknowledge I received poor service through no fault of my own." Or a spouse wanting to feel like they are #1 and their needs are important the old, "if Mama aint happy, no one is." But whenever I see a disaffected group, either race, class, sex try to speak up for their position, there is so much "ripping their argument to shreds." It's always "they must have done something wrong," or "misinterpreted the situation" or "they're not a good person in general so their statements are untrustworty." It's not approaching the situation with a willingness to understand or re-evaluate one's preconceived ideas of when things happen and if the events are justified, or would be typical for all people.

Newt Gingrich said in response to the events:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...can-american-dallas-shooting-police/86868322/

If he's saying that, IMO, a lot more people need to be paying attention. Until there is a concerted effort by all parties to, in the short term, try to understand, acknowledge and validate where a particular disaffected group is coming from we're just going to repeat an ever escalating cycle of bad feelings by both sides. In the long term, "all X matter" is a noble goal. But in the short term sometimes one person, group or problem needs specific attention before you can move forward. I'm sure everyone has had situation where even though everyone is affected by the same thing, an individual person's needs have to be focused on first in order to contain and stabilize a situation.

I would like to "Like" and quote this post about 100 times. Read, re-read, and keep re-reading this.

I find the majority of this thread incredibly disturbing. We really haven't come that far in the last 150 years.

No.... black make up a way higher INCARCERATION rate. Not commit more crimes. THATS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE PROBLEM. Whites commit more crimes than blacks... THEY HAVE TO BY SHEER NUMBERS! There are 9 times as many white people in this country as black. But you are telling me blacks commit more crimes overall??? Whites commit just as many crimes by percentage as blacks as asians as indians as europeans as hispanics, etc. THEY JUST ARENT PUT IN JAIL AS MUCH!!!! but of course that is all being imagined and the system is completely perfect and fair and everybody is treated equally right? Is that you argument? People in 1592 committed just as many crimes as people in 1892 or 2002 regardless of where they are. No race is predisposed to crime. AND STOP MAKING THIS ABOUT BLACK VS WHITE!!!!
I'd like to see the actual statistics that show this. It sounds like you might have them?

I think that some people meant well when they said all lives matter. Some people myself included have the philosophy that black people are just simply people like everyone else. I see no one as beneath or above me but see us all as being pretty much the same save features and some cultural things. I never used the term because it was started by some people that seemed to feel pretty raw so why interfere with that. I do like blue lives matter because of the literal hell that so many of them have been going through.

It's possible to support both sides or even better not pick sides.

I'd like to see the actual statistics that show this. It sounds like you might have them?
If you really want to find statistics you can easily find them online. My point is this conversation isn't about black vs white but that's all everybody arguing against black lives matter keeps trying to turn it into. Pretty sad imo. All I'm saying is there is clearly some sort of issue that exists and it needs to be addressed and explored but that can't happen when people can't even admit there is an issue to begin with.

When people raise money for cancer nobody gets pissed off and says #alldiseasesmatter. When people say #cancerstrong nobody says well you are discriminating against #multiplesclerosisstrong. Why is that? Saying there are OTHER problems has nothing to do with the problem being discussed, its completely irrelevant. There are "more important" issues than homelessness but does that mean we shouldn't address, acknowledge, and work on improving and solving that issue? My mom saves dogs, should I tell her that all animals need saving and its not fair for her to concentrate on dogs (specifically rottweilers in her case). Should I tell her stop talking about saving rotties, lets save cute little kittens because they need saving too? PP's are right, if you are saying #alllivesmatter you are part of the problem. YOU are being separatist. YOU are being divisionist. By pitting one issue against other ones. By citing one race against other ones. Black lives matter has NOTHING to do with other races. You are making it about that. Black lives matter has to do with addressing and acknowledging a problem THAT EXISTS and saying all lives matter is doing just the opposite. We all know that all lives matter. Duh. Add something valuable to the conversation... and its a conversation that needs to be had so stop trying to avoid/ignore by deflecting to other, non related issues. We focus on gay rights, women's rights, animal rights.... but god forbid we focus on a black mans right to live. After all... that would be racist right?

If you are saying Red is my favorite color does that mean you dislike all the other colors? YOU are making it as versus them mindset!!! Its not blacks VERSUS anybody. It about blacks being treated the same as EVERYBODY. It is about all lives matter. They are begging for all lives to matter, black lives included. That is the entire point. You see black lives matter and want to read #ONLYblacklives matter, when really the movement is really saying #EVENblacklivesmatter.

If you are saying Red is my favorite color does that mean you dislike all the other colors? YOU are making it as versus them mindset!!! Its not blacks VERSUS anybody. It about blacks being treated the same as EVERYBODY. It is about all lives matter. They are begging for all lives to matter, black lives included. That is the entire point. You see black lives matter and want to read #ONLYblacklives matter, when really the movement is really saying #EVENblacklivesmatter.
They can say whatever they wish but the truth is that some people see their name as divisive. I do agree that there are problems that need to be dealt with but violence is NEVER the solution.

Well said. Seems you've got to make it real easy for some around here to comprehend. When black lives matter, THEN all lives will matter.

It was a peaceful march attended by people of every race and faith. The march had ended and people will calmly dispersing back to their cars and homes. At that point, a lone gunman committed a horrible act of violence in his name only. He clearly told the police he was acting alone and not part of any group. Now, of course, this gunman happens to be black and so an entire race and movement have been condemned. That in and of itself is indicative of the racism in this country. When a gunman is white (pick pretty much any school shooting to start), all whites are not held accountable. It is a lone wolf or an unstable youth. That, in and of itself, is why Black Lives Matters is needed.

H

Exactly. Because the system isn't even flawed in the least bit and is completely just and perfect and this just proves it. Just like I said.

There will never be any progress until we can at least admit that there is a problem. But there isn't, so what are we even talking about?
Is our system perfect? Of course not...but I'll take it. We have a damn good country with many opportunities and freedoms.

One thing, I can't grasp is the disrespect toward LEO and the attitude many have, if detained or questioned. "They can't do that! I know my rights...not going to comply". Why agitate and escalate any situation? I would never even consider reacting like that. Maybe, being cooperative and polite, just might, be a better option? I know, Castille was supposedly agreeable, according to his GF in a video AFTER the fact so, really not an unbiased witness Most LEO are just doing their job...not looking to gun someone down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter