Black panther 2

Karlk

Mouseketeer
Here they go again with this woke nonsense, figured they would have learned from the past flops, the trailer looked good to. Gonna have to sit this one out again😒.

From time to time we receive letters from readers who wonder why there’s so much moralizing in our mags. They take great pains to point out that comics are supposed to be escapist reading and nothing more. But somehow, I can’t see it that way. It seems to me that a story without a message, however subliminal, is like a man without a soul. In fact, even the most escapist literature of all – old time fairy tales and heroic legends – contained moral and philosophical points of view. At every college campus where I may speak, there’s as much discussion of war and peace, civil rights, and the so-called youth rebellion as there is of our Marvel mags per se. None of us lives in a vacuum – none of us is untouched by the everyday events around us – events which shape our stories just as they shape our lives. Sure our tales can be called escapist – but just because something’s for fun, doesn’t mean we have to blanket our brains as we read it!

Excelsior!
Stan Lee

From time to time we receive letters from readers who wonder why there’s so much moralizing in our mags. They take great pains to point out that comics are supposed to be escapist reading and nothing more. But somehow, I can’t see it that way. It seems to me that a story without a message, however subliminal, is like a man without a soul. In fact, even the most escapist literature of all – old time fairy tales and heroic legends – contained moral and philosophical points of view. At every college campus where I may speak, there’s as much discussion of war and peace, civil rights, and the so-called youth rebellion as there is of our Marvel mags per se. None of us lives in a vacuum – none of us is untouched by the everyday events around us – events which shape our stories just as they shape our lives. Sure our tales can be called escapist – but just because something’s for fun, doesn’t mean we have to blanket our brains as we read it!

Excelsior!
Stan Lee
WORD….

Excelsior!
Stan Lee

Great quote from Stan the Man. I do wish though that the comics side of Marvel would realize the messages they are sharing in some of their more recent stories - and no I'm not referring to supposedly "woke" anything (how I hate that term) - actually quite the opposite!

No spoilers--- Just got back, and absolutely loved it--- !!! Would see it again in a second !! My fave part--- the score/soundtrack- Downloaded it the minute we got home. Its getting alot of love on social media, and for good reason- Its perfect for the movie !!!

This movie was really bad. Plot line was terrible, modifications to Namor and his story are horrendous, woke lesbian scene was condescending. Bad all round.

I enjoyed it. I thought the Mesoamerican theme for Namor was beautifully done. M'Baku was great, as usual.

The lesbian "scene" was just one throwaway line, wasn't it? I barely noticed.

No, in the comics it is actually part of the story line. Not just some meaningless 2 second blip to pander to the woke like in the movie. Totally gutless cop-out.

No, in the comics it is actually part of the story line. Not just some meaningless 2 second blip to pander to the woke like in the movie. Totally gutless cop-out.

I don't know which characters this refers to, but that is definitely an issue sometimes with converting comics to movies, because comics have time - practically limitless time - to flesh out stories and character elements over the long-haul. When they try to make mention in a movie, it ends up being fleeting. This can apply to many aspects of the stories.

Then again, with the way most comics, especially Marvel, are written these days, they aren't really that well realized either, but that's really a different issue.

I don't know which characters this refers to, but that is definitely an issue sometimes with converting comics to movies, because comics have time - practically limitless time - to flesh out stories and character elements over the long-haul. When they try to make mention in a movie, it ends up being fleeting. This can apply to many aspects of the stories.

Then again, with the way most comics, especially Marvel, are written these days, they aren't really that well realized either, but that's really a different issue.
I don't think this spoils anything, so it's Aneka and Ayo, two of the Dora Milaje. Both pretty minor characters, so not a lot of time spent fleshing them out.

I don't think this spoils anything, so it's Aneka and Ayo, two of the Dora Milaje. Both pretty minor characters, so not a lot of time spent fleshing them out.

I don't even know who they are. If I recall, in the comics, the Dora Milaje were T'Challa's "wives" but I think they backed off on that for the movie and they are more just bodyguards (they were both when they first appeared). I guess it makes sense if Shuri is the Black Panther though. I do need to get out and see this thing, but I am so busy!

I don't even know who they are. If I recall, in the comics, the Dora Milaje were T'Challa's "wives" but I think they backed off on that for the movie and they are more just bodyguards (they were both when they first appeared). I guess it makes sense if Shuri is the Black Panther though. I do need to get out and see this thing, but I am so busy!
This is the first movie Aneka has been in. Ayo has been in all of them, but I think her most prominent role was in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

This is the first movie Aneka has been in. Ayo has been in all of them, but I think her most prominent role was in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Oh, okay, but I don't remember them from the comics, but I haven't read Marvel in a while since they are so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter