• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Black Stainless Steel applicances

mrsstats

<font color=blue>Sure sister's cat is as big as a
Does anyone have them? I am getting a refrigerator and range. Just want to know what you use to keep them clean and scratch free

I bought Samsung black stainless appliances from Lowe's a few years ago during a Black Friday promotion. Magnets scratch our fridge so easily. We clean with Windex and a very soft cotton rag, which doesn't scratch. They fingerprint so easily and it does take elbow grease to get it off.

I got a spray bottle and put water, white vinegar and a few drops of dawn dish soap. I use a microfiber rag. On my regular stainless. Use on my granite counters too.

Last edited:
Do not! I currently have them, but I wish I did not. They look great, but not functional. if you accidentally scratch them, they cannot be fixed. I now have an oven with scratch that shows stainless and a chip off my refrigerator.

Does anyone have them? I am getting a refrigerator and range. Just want to know what you use to keep them clean and scratch free
Pretty much Bosch is the only one that isn't scratch vulnerable. And by not scratch vulnerable I mean just about average.

We have black stainless appliances and love them. We have a samsung refrigerator and everything else is kitchenaid. They match perfectly.

We don’t have any issues with fingerprints. We also don’t have small kids at home. Our appliances look just like they did when they were installed.

During installation, my wall microwave/oven combo got a small scratch. I took a black sharpie, put a little on my finger and rubbed it into the small scratch. Totally made it a non-issue!

We have a black stainless fridge . Just wipe it down like I did with the stainless steel one we had with a wet dish cloth. It

No problems , had it almost a year.

My parents and DH and I all have black stainless appliances and we love them. Ours are no different than the standard stainless steel ones we had previously. No scratches in our experience, but ours get fingerprint-y, just like our regular stainless. My parents got Whirlpool ones that were explicitly "fingerprint resistant" and they do seem easier to keep clean. We both use Weiman stainless steel cleaning wipes - has to be the wipes for us because the spray with a cloth leaves smears on ours.

It sounds like mixed reviews here on the black stainless steel. We were able to get the Black Friday deal before it went off at the end of November for all the appliances together a great deal on the Samsung but they have not delivered them yet since the dishwasher has been on back order. I was wondering if I should cancel the order because I have been worried that the black stainless might scratch more easily than the silver stainless and be more noticeable. I haven't made up my mind. Just had to know.

Own the finger print resistant whirlpool SS after having standard stainless for years. So so much easier to clean! It shows nothing and I have two kids that use them. I wanted the black stainless, so sleek and modern but if they get scratched it’s traditional stainless underneath and it will show as silver. A scratch on them would make been too noticeable to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter