Blackbeards Cay Beach

fudget

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know anything about Blackbeards Cay Beach in Nassau? I found it while surfing the "Net" and it seems like it might be a nice excursion but can you do it from a Disney Cruise ship or only certain cruise lines? If so has anyone been there, what's it like? They have their own website but I can't get it to load.
:)

We sail in "19" days!!!!
WOOHOO

We did it when we sailed on RCCL, and it was really nice. It is a private part of an island resort area that I think is owned by sandals. You could swim and lay on the beach or rent snorkel equipment and kayaks. I'm not sure if you can do it on your own, as we booked it through RCCL. It was not crowded at all...very enjoyable. If DCL offered it, I would probably do it again.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'll check with my TA and see if she knows if Dis'ers can go there.
It sounds very nice and they have snorkling with Stingrays there so we could do that instead of Stingray City at Blue Lagoon.

Thanks Barb:)

:cool:

I finally got their website to load and emailed them for info, this is the response I got for anyone interested.

Thank you for your interest in Blackbeards Cay.

Prices for Stingrays and Blackbeards Cay are as follows. Stingrays Adults are 42.00 Children are 37.00. Beachbreak prices are Adults 21.00 and Children are 14.00.

Anyone may visit our Cay.You will be arriving Friday, November 22. At what time? Our boat will leave Prince Georges Dock (this is where your ship will be docked) at 12:30 on that day. This is the only trip we have that day, so I need to know what time you will be arriving. If your schedule allows you to make our 12:30 departure time, for transport you will simply need to walk off your ship, go through the security gates and head down the side of the building to where we dock our boat. All the transport boats dock in the same area and are easy to find. If you are unsure, just ask a security guard or someone who appears to know what they are doing to direct you to the ferry boat area. Another hint is that once through the security gate, you will notice some horse and buggies. We are the very Western end of them. (the end of the line) Our ship is called the Coral II. She is a two level motorized catamaran. Green and white with a big black pirate flag. You can't miss her. You can just make your way down there and we will be looking for you. You may pay upon arrival.

It is important to find out what time your Disney ship departs. We will be back on the dock at 4;30. Make sure you will have enough time to reboard you ship. Yes we do have beach umbrellas for rent. They are $8.00. Yes an 8 year old can do the Stingrays, however he must be accompanied by an adult into the area. The Stingrays are quite approachable and will come right up and take food out of your hand. If you have a small waterproof or disposable camera bring that along for some good snapshots. I am sure your child will love the exhibit.

I hope this answers your questions. If I may be of further assistance, please email me.

Karyn Murray
Blackbeards Cay
Sales

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter