Blackish

I asked a friend of mine that is a manager of event operations and was one of the people in charge of this filming, they shot outside The Land and added the spiral ramp using green screen back in California

I asked a friend of mine that is a manager of event operations and was one of the people in charge of this filming, they shot outside The Land and added the spiral ramp using green screen back in California

Ugh, that makes the episode even worse in my opinion. Why do that? Why not find a spot where that scene worked naturally?

Last edited:

Probably someone in the background was mugging for the camera or something stupid like that.

I've been in the TV production business for most of my adult life.

I always tell people who ask about things we do on the set,
"It's not real. It's just TV."

;)
Ahhhhh Robo is the voice of reason once again. Thanks for bringing us all back to reality :)

I liked the episode and I love the show. I didn't care that it was a big commercial for Disney - I got really teary-eyed at the end when they were watching Wishes.

It was funny to see them bounce from park to park. But I realized that it was a fantasy, as all TV (especially reality TV) is.

It was kind of crazy to see how fast their park hopping was :rolleyes1. I can only imagine the expectations that gives to people that have never been.

Agreed it wasn't one of their better episodes, but I love to get a glimpse of my happy place between visits. We were chuckling and rolling our eyes at the crazy park-hopping.

:sunny:

We were there and saw them filming a few days at different parks. Didn't know what was going on at the time. I thought maybe they were filming a new Disney commercial. They had a lot of large cameras, equipment, etc. In some areas there were extras (which may have been actual tourists) roped off. I heard a guy thanking everyone for their participation. I've never seen the show, but now I'm going to have to find that episode!

I have never watched black-ish before, but tuned in for this episode because it was shot in WDW. I loved the show. Yes they jumped around and took some liberties, but I thought it captured the magic. The grandparents didn't want to be there, the mother couldn't go on the rides she wanted, the children had unreal expectations because they originally had VIP status, the father thought he had to go with a VIP tour to make his families trip special and was depressed afterwards when his children had hissy fits because they had to wait and that caused the father to melt down and walk away. And that's the reality of Disney....people who don't like amusement parks but went to be with family, people disappointed for various reasons, people having hissy fits and meltdowns, But in the end they all had a good time. They all found something they enjoyed. It ended like many disney days with the family enjoying the fireworks together.... Magical!

Thanks op for posting! We were entertained watching it :)

Was neat seeing the episode. Obviously not all was realistic as they went from Test Track to Big Thunder Mountain one after the other ....and Soarin and Animal Kingdom were thrown into there too. And like you can just join the parade...lol. Really neat to see WDW in a tv episode though.

Yes! lol the parade bit had me really wondering ... "how much does that cost to do?? Hmmm"

I noticed something that they edited out. I saw the previews for the episode, and when she points out that he "jumped over a baby in a stroller" to get to a ride, he stated back "that was no baby, that was a 7-year old". His part was edited out. I wish they would have left that in.

That was such a funny line! It reminded me of my own "only use strollers at Disney, not even at other amusement parks" kids lol! Too bad they took it out ... it wasn't funny without. Glad you reminded me!

Probably because it broke down. :duck:

You think? Or you know? Curious if this really happened. Does it happen often? It's new.

I totally agree! It's Hollywood, when are they ever exactly accurate? I enjoy this show and this episode entertained me. To me, it did kind of feel like 1 big commercial, but I didn't mind. It just got me more excited for our quick trip in less than a month! :goodvibes

Exactly this!

How did they get into the park and their rooms without those magic bands? And no pin code so how were they charging things?

We also thought it was odd they were saying the boy twin was too short for rides like Space, in the beginning, because my son rode it before he turned 4. Then they had him riding things, so I guess that was a joke.

We watch this show, but the writing is very uneven from episode to episode. Some things bug me, like we worked hard to get the kids to Disneyland, and they show the grampa (as a Dad) breaking into a car to steal the tickets. (ok it was his own car? that was weird) I just thought it was a stereotype of the worst kind. I groaned outloud.

Interesting? that cup at AK with the whistle in the handle. LOL/

Edit: just saw people saying that was the Kali queue, thanks!

I wondered the same about the magic bands, room, etc, but chalked it up to the Disney commercial tv experience. With plans for the magic blobs, I was a little surprised they emphasized the bands, though.

My kids are short, so the part about the lines was funny for us.

The car bit ... the mom and dad are not together. She saved up, and he broke into her car to take the credit lol ... but they go together bc they are crazy, but both love the kid, so they put up with each other.

The cup is in my list of things to buy next month ;)

It was kind of crazy to see how fast their park hopping was :rolleyes1. I can only imagine the expectations that gives to people that have never been.

I think people who haven't been don't realize which rides belong to which parks. And if they've researched enough, they know that they need fast passes and to wait in lines. Unless they upgrade to uber vips ;)

I have never watched black-ish before, but tuned in for this episode because it was shot in WDW. I loved the show. Yes they jumped around and took some liberties, but I thought it captured the magic. The grandparents didn't want to be there, the mother couldn't go on the rides she wanted, the children had unreal expectations because they originally had VIP status, the father thought he had to go with a VIP tour to make his families trip special and was depressed afterwards when his children had hissy fits because they had to wait and that caused the father to melt down and walk away. And that's the reality of Disney....people who don't like amusement parks but went to be with family, people disappointed for various reasons, people having hissy fits and meltdowns, But in the end they all had a good time. They all found something they enjoyed. It ended like many disney days with the family enjoying the fireworks together.... Magical!

This!

I just need to know....does the grandpa's whistling drink cup really exist? If so, I need to know where to get it since my husband wants it! Lol

Ha! We paused the show and immediately googled where to get that cup. I know what we're getting on our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter