Blank DIS ads

Huh...!

I know that I have been away from the board for a couple of months or so, but I am logged in and am still seeing ads. New, I assume, or a setting I need to adjust now? :confused3

I posted this thread on the Community Board and just went to check replies. Much to my surprise there is a DIS ad on my thread:confused3

Yes unless there is a change in policy, re not showing in threads ads for logged in users, I'm assuming a setting got messed up somewhere.

I'm just here to chime in that I, too, see the ads in the middle of threads even though I am logged in. And they are blank. At first I thought the reason they were blank was because of AdBlock, but then I remembered I disabled that extension last year.

If you have an AdBlocker installed, it apparently shows "blank" like PrincessShmoo posted above. If you do not have an AdBlocker, you will see an actual ad. Yes, it just started this weekend. That's all I know. :)

If you have an AdBlocker installed, it apparently shows "blank" like PrincessShmoo posted above. If you do not have an AdBlocker, you will see an actual ad. Yes, it just started this weekend. That's all I know. :)
Weird, cuz I disabled AdBlocker.

:confused3

Interesting. I'm seeing ads inline now too. No mention from the DIS Admins on why we are getting these ads?

ETA: tried to logout/login to see it was a persistence problem, but still getting ads.
ETA2: tried alternate browser (Chrome 55.02 to IE 11) to see if it is a caching or browser specific issue, but get ads in both browsers.

I saw some real ads over the weekend (I think one was a vacuum cleaner or swiffer or something). But now all I see is sort of a blank post with my adblocker engaged:

upload_2017-1-9_12-49-0.png

I saw some real ads over the weekend (I think one was a vacuum cleaner or swiffer or something). But now all I see is sort of a blank post with my adblocker engaged:

View attachment 214165
Wonder what Google ads is trying to tell you - they are very good at targeting their advertising. Right now they are telling me two frames up from here that I need a new Lexus... (I cannot confirm or deny if this need is indeed true) ;)

ETA: and at the top of the page google ads is telling me I need to check my credit score. Probably true if I want to consider that Lexus lol.

Seeing these too. It isn't that big of a deal for me by I was confused and thought that I had been logged out since you usually only see them if you aren't logged in.

At least I'm not the only one. I was confused too. Some of them are blank DIS Ads, some have content

Happy to see that others are having the same "issue". I, as others have said, keep thinking that I am not logged in--not the case, I am! I do have ABP so the ads are blank, but still annoying.

By the way, I tried logging out and logging back in. No difference. Happens on IE, too (I usually use Chrome). I didn't think browser should matter since this would be server-side code, but I decided to check anyway.

What's interesting is that I am seeing ads on IE. Even though I disabled adblock on Chrome, it's still blocking ads, apparently.

I think the fact that it's been several days since the first post here, with no response from anyone, tells us something. I just think it's very sad that no moderator has the [whatever] to admit that "It's a new policy". If that were the case, I would have been OK with it-however, the fact that no one's responded after several days.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter