Blisters

Wear broken in shoes/sandals....DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT remove any kind a callus prior to ur arrival...they are there for a reason! and buy Dr. Scholl's Moleskin...Do not buy the cheaper generic version of the moleskin...they don't work as well! Once u start getting a "hot spot" use the moleskin....Oh and make sure u have something to cut the moleskin...it comes in small sheets and its impossible to tear it...u will need a small pair of scissors to cut it down to the sizes u need

Thicker socks. We went and I wore my Columbia drainmaker sneakers (able to wear sockless for months before the trip) day 1 I had a huge bubble blister that we had to "operate" on. Got some thicker Micky socks and moleskin and I was able to walk again.

Wear broken in shoes/sandals....DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT remove any kind a callus prior to ur arrival...they are there for a reason! and buy Dr. Scholl's Moleskin...Do not buy the cheaper generic version of the moleskin...they don't work as well! Once u start getting a "hot spot" use the moleskin....Oh and make sure u have something to cut the moleskin...it comes in small sheets and its impossible to tear it...u will need a small pair of scissors to cut it down to the sizes u need

Before I leave home, I cut several small strips in various sizes. When I go to the park I throw a few in my lanyard.

I do bring a small scissors with me, but those stay in the room. I reason I precut at home, is the blades do get gunky with the glue, so at least I'm starting the trip with clean scissors.

I agree with the no generic cheaper moleskin. One year i had both Dr. Scholl's and Walgreen's brand and without fail each time i used the Walgreen's brand they would start to peel off, not work as well etc.

My tips are to wear broken in shoes, wear synthetic socks and powder my feet each morning. Cotton socks, when wet with sweat, act like sandpaper to your feet. BTW, one trick I do have is that if you do have to wear cotton socks, turn them inside out so the smooth outside is next to your foot. I do that with my daughter, and it works better.

I take a zip loc bag with pre cut pieces of mole skin in the park with me. When we take a break, any hot spots are covered with mole skin. After the first day, areas that have hot spots are covered with mole skin.

I find Band-Aid Friction Block works really well for preventing blisters. I also bring moleskin and blister band-aides.

Foot Glide by the makers of Body Glide work well! The other thing I've used two years in a row on both of my kids (no blisters either time) is a product called Pre-heels. You can buy it on Amazon. It's a spray and smells kinda bad but works like a charm.

My tips are to wear broken in shoes, wear synthetic socks and powder my feet each morning. Cotton socks, when wet with sweat, act like sandpaper to your feet. BTW, one trick I do have is that if you do have to wear cotton socks, turn them inside out so the smooth outside is next to your foot. I do that with my daughter, and it works better.

I take a zip loc bag with pre cut pieces of mole skin in the park with me. When we take a break, any hot spots are covered with mole skin. After the first day, areas that have hot spots are covered with mole skin.
Thanks

So it won't work with the cotton socks
I wouldn’t think so, cotton socks stay wet and synthetic ones seem to stay dry. At least they feel dry when I take them off. After years of Disney blisters it was nice to not have to limp back to the hotel in pain.

This sounds gross, but it really works- coat your feet in vaseline, and wear non cotton socks. No blisters!
We used to get blisters so bad that we could hardly walk by mid week of our vacation. We use "The Vaseline" with or without cotton socks. We have done it with cotton socks. You just have to grease your feet up good and we were good for the entire day. "It works". We have not had anymore blister problems since we started doing this. It's simple and it works.

We used to get blisters so bad that we could hardly walk by mid week of our vacation. We use "The Vaseline" with or without cotton socks. We have done it with cotton socks. You just have to grease your feet up good and we were good for the entire day. "It works". We have not had anymore blister problems since we started doing this. It's simple and it works.
I do believe it was you who gave me this advice a couple of years ago! Several trips later, and not one blister!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter