Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

Boo for last days! Looks like lots of fun souvenirs though. Ugh on being first on standby. Hopefully they got in!

Jill in CO

Just got caught up on your TR- on your last day!

Now I read it pretty quickly, but what ended up happening with the stroller? Last I remember, no luck getting it back at AK, but I read you had one the next day in Epcot. How rude!

The birthday surprise was so awesome for your grandson!

The kitchen sink looks AMAZING! I'm staying at BC in April, but don't think we'll be able to finish it. I hope to at least go to the counter outside to eat something from there!

I'm sorry Dana didn't like the balloon ride. :(

And that Jedi training... We were there over spring break last year, and even though we entered the park right after rope drop, we did not even come close to getting in. I hope your Jedis had better luck!

Finally, thanks for sharing your family with us! You have an incredible group of grandkids!

You could have just posted the ride photos of Mason and I would have been rolling on the floor! :rotfl:

I'm guessing they got to actually do Jedi Training after paying it forward..........that would be the only acceptable ending! ::yes::

It stinks when you get a bit off schedule and then a bus makes you miss the RD bythismuch. Love the Mason Pictures on RnR.
As for standby --:eek: After being nice- well I hope the force was strong with them and you were able to get them in the first time you arrived.

Well, Well. Looks like tomorrow was 6 weeks ago. I have an excuse. I was launched into outerspace to do research for the new attractions at SWL and was put into hyper-sleep. I have just awoken, and the first thing I did was run to my computer to update my DIS readers!

This makes total sense. I believe you.

No? Well I tried.

No, no. I'm buying it. Really.

Actually it is just a lot of life, and I have been busy or exhausted.

Now this I totally get.

Right now we are in the middle of a move because the house we are renting is being sold, and we don't want to buy it. So we are moving to a condo where we can have a shorter lease time should we be ready to make a move, like move or buy a house.

Saw that on FB.
Sucks, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Today was our last day, so we were excited for the adventures ahead, but also sad.

Last day. Such a range of emotion.
On the one hand... "Yay! I'm going to Disneyworld!"
on the other... "I'm going home.."

I hate seeing that envelope laying on the table, the one that screams, "IT IS ALMOST TIME FOR YOU TO GET OUT!!!!!" :guilty:

I hate that thing.

The result was that we missed RD by just a couple of minutes, but still not too bad.

Not bad at all with littles.

RNRC with Child Swap was no problem this trip. Look at Mason's face. Okay, look at my face too.

upload_2016-7-17_21-21-43-png.182429

:lmao:
What did he have to say about it afterwards?

They look terrified! OMG!

I see they did this one twice - look at Mason's face! :rotfl2:

upload_2016-7-17_21-17-38-png.182426

That's the face of a young man who doesn't want to do this ever again!
:laughing:

Apparently Mason did not want to ride a second time.

See? Toldja.

I will leave you wondering here - Did your young Padiwans get the opportunity to become Jedi trainees?

That sucks. So close!
Hope they made it.

RNRC with Child Swap was no problem this trip. Look at Mason's face. Okay, look at my face too.

Those are great photos!:rotfl2:
I see they did this one twice - look at Mason's face! :rotfl2:

Apparently Mason did not want to ride a second time.

You know, I completely understand where he's coming from.

As we were leaving, the CM stated, “I think you will be successful – the Force is strong with these two.”

Always a good sign when the CM is optimistic.

Oh boy! I am officially a bad host. I will be back soon. Lots of "good stuff" to come.

Well, since my computer won't let me multi-quote and it's been so long even my readers probably don't remember what they posted... I tell myself. I do appreciate my DIS friends that continue to read along with me. It's fun to re-live the memories. Anyway, let's get this puppy done. I have some Oregon Coast pics to share too. I see when I wrote this last update, we were on our way to Oregon. Oh well, better late than never, right?

When we left off, we had been shopping and riding RNRC and TOT - Evan patient waiting it out - now it was time for some TSMM!

We moved on to TSMM and had a great time. I believe I sat with Jim and he finally beat me, so he was happy!
upload_2016-9-8_20-52-47.png
Now it was time to head over to Disney Animation, but we wanted to see if we could get any FP with our Yellow Bands – remember the Yellow Bands? Nope. Nothing really, except Indiana Jones. We signed up for IJ, but skipped AOA and OMD, thinking we would come back later – sadly, we missed it

I know we had lunch, but I don’t remember what we ate. I think it was maybe just a light snack, because we had an early dinner coming. We went back to the Jedi check in, and were told that there was a “VIP” signed up ahead of them, but it looked like they might be a no show, so be sure to come back at 3pm to try to get in for the 3:40 show! We were feeling pretty hopeful, because a CM followed us out to tell us this news, again stating, “The force is Very strong with these two!” She said she wasn’t supposed to tell us this news. #gettinghopeful

We headed over to Indiana Jones, I remember we brought our lunch with us as we were running late, but I don’t remember what it was. I just have visions of red and white checked wrappings in my head. Not quite as nice a vision as sugarplums, but oh well. We had some good seats with our FP, but quite a bit to the left of center stage – we missed some of the action from there. We enjoyed the performance, but it isn’t a do not miss for us.

Looks like a little treat was in order!

upload_2016-9-8_20-55-59.png

upload_2016-9-8_20-57-46.png

We rode Star Tours and got Darth Vader! This was Evan’s first time on ST – he loved it! Only one ride today, as the line was getting long and we didn’t want to miss Jedi Training. We headed over to the meeting spot. I was texting with Ellen, Podsnell on the DIS. She was on a DISmom’s trip with two other ladies from our DISmoms group – a spinoff from our Control Freak and Worry Worts thread which has moved to a private group on FB. I was so excited to meet these special ladies! They had just come in earlier that day, and if I remember right, they were headed to a DCL cruise the next day. Those sweet ladies hopped on a bus and came over to DHS just to say hi!

Do you remember THE FORCE????
Mason and Evan got in! :darth::chewy: They didn’t get a chance to get the orientation, because they were pulled into line at the very last minute, and they were putting their robes on while walking in the line to the performance. This will play out with Mr. Evan, who was doing his first Jedi Training!

On a mission!

upload_2016-9-8_21-3-4.png

upload_2016-9-8_21-4-23.png

Sorry, having some trouble bringing these pics over from Amazon

upload_2016-9-8_21-6-19.png

This young one has been trained before...

upload_2016-9-8_21-7-41.png

upload_2016-9-8_21-9-5.png

This one? Not so much but so cute!
upload_2016-9-8_21-10-1.png

Ellen, Evie and Joan made it off the bus and over just in time for some quick hugs and to properly Ooo and aaah over my grandsons! So sweet of them to come by and so fun to meet up with them in person! I can't find the pic, and I don't want to lose my post, so I'll come back to that one. So frustrating, but I assure you it did happen!

The DISmoms, Ellen, Joan and Evie showed up just before the kids were ready to start entering the stage. We had quick hugs, then watched the performance. So much fun! During the practice session, Mason was an old pro, having done this two years before. Evan, on the other hand was a little confused. The trainer would give an instruction, look at him, and repeat the order, “Evan! Duck!” He would look at her and just swing his light saber down, or just look at her. So she started saying “Evan, you just do whatever you want.” It was so funny!

Each of the boys had their turn at conquering Darth. Evan did actually take a couple of swings.

I'm going to stop here and look for that picture - more to come.....

Just got caught up on your TR- on your last day!
Welcome! Sorry to take so long to come back. Crazy Summer for me.

Now I read it pretty quickly, but what ended up happening with the stroller? Last I remember, no luck getting it back at AK, but I read you had one the next day in Epcot. How rude!

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot to finish that story... the guy called from the airport on our DTD day, 2 days later, played the "make a wish" card, asking Ryan to bring him his stroller. Ryan said, "Dude! I have no transportation, and I called you two days ago. I'm pretty sure you took my stroller anyway and left me with a broken one. The guy admitted it, and said "hope you have a good rest of your trip." Nice.

The birthday surprise was so awesome for your grandson!

Thank you! It was fun to pull it off!

The kitchen sink looks AMAZING! I'm staying at BC in April, but don't think we'll be able to finish it. I hope to at least go to the counter outside to eat something from there!
It will be so nice to stay there!

I'm sorry Dana didn't like the balloon ride. :(

And that Jedi training... We were there over spring break last year, and even though we entered the park right after rope drop, we did not even come close to getting in. I hope your Jedis had better luck!

See above

Finally, thanks for sharing your family with us! You have an incredible group of grandkids!

Thank you for reading!

Oh well, better late than never, right?

Right!

We moved on to TSMM and had a great time. I believe I sat with Jim and he finally beat me, so he was happy!

Nice of you to let him win.

Nope. Nothing really, except Indiana Jones.

Oh! That reminds me. I haven't seen that in... decades. Excuse me while I put it on my "to do" list.

We were feeling pretty hopeful, because a CM followed us out to tell us this news, again stating, “The force is Very strong with these two!” She said she wasn’t supposed to tell us this news. #gettinghopeful

After all that... they better get in!

Looks like a little treat was in order!

a little treat is always in order.

See? Look at those contented faces!

We rode Star Tours and got Darth Vader!

Yay!

Those sweet ladies hopped on a bus and came over to DHS just to say hi!

That's nice of them. Hope you find the picture.

Do you remember THE FORCE????

::yes::

Mason and Evan got in!

Yesss!!!

On a mission!

upload_2016-9-8_21-3-4-png.193242

No kidding! He looks so serious!

This one? Not so much but so cute!

::yes::

“Evan! Duck!” He would look at her and just swing his light saber down, or just look at her. So she started saying “Evan, you just do whatever you want.” It was so funny!

:lmao:

Evan did actually take a couple of swings.

Good for him!

I'm going to stop here and look for that picture - more to come.....

Standing by.

but skipped AOA and OMD, thinking we would come back later – sadly, we missed it

Now that it's closed, I'll bet you REALLY are sad you missed it. :(

I did just hear though that they have a mini version of this at AoA Resort, that we're going to do.

So she started saying “Evan, you just do whatever you want.” It was so funny!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That's so funny!

So glad the DISGirls showed up and you could meet them. Always nice to give an IRL hug and meet properly. :):hug::grouphug:

Wow- crazy about the stroller- you'd think if they were make a wish- disney would get them a new one!

Glad that your boys were able to get into Jedi Academy!

Hello readers. I know you all think I forgot about you. I really had not, just wanted to find the picture of the meet up with my DIS moms before coming back. Sadly, I was having so much trouble with photobucket - I gave up for awhile. I knew it must be there somewhere... Anyhoo, I really want to finish this and update our lives a bit. So tonight I started paging through the photos and look! It really did happen!

Ellen Evie and Joan with me! I enjoyed meeting these sweet ladies so much, and my family thought they were great, too!

We were at DHS and Mason and Evan had just finished Jedi Training. We had an early ADR for Mama Melrose for a Fantasmic! package, so we bid our fond farewells to the DISmoms and headed back to the streets of New York. Our table was ready right away. I have to say I was a little worried about our experience there, because I had seen mixed reviews. We loved our meal and would definitely do it again! Our server was wonderful and the boys even had a great time!

We had an appetizers - a few of us had the appy platter

I think this is Mason's soup

Jim always gets Cioppino every chance he gets

Entrees: I know Jim had this one, maybe Ryan too - if there are any kind of seafood dishes with tentacles, etc. Jim will order it

I had the
Saltimbocca
Pork Tenderloin topped with Prosciutto, Sage, Fontina Cheese, Tuscan Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Lemon Caper Sauce

It was melt in your mouth good!

Looks like Evan's cheese pizza

I think this is Dana's
Shrimp Campanelle
Sautéed Shrimp and Campanelle Pasta tossed in a Four-Cheese Sauce with Cauliflower, Sun-dried Tomatoes, fresh Spinach, and Sweet Onions

This must be Ryan's
Charred Strip Steak
Four-Cheese Macaroni with Pancetta, Aged Balsamic-Shallot Butter, and a Chianti Wine Reduction

Mason was exhausted!

I will be back soon. I promise. I do keep my promises. If you are reading this, thanks for coming back!

Last edited:
Thanks for the bat signal, Tammie!

How awesome to meet so many DISmoms! Great photo of you ladies.

And thanks for the review of Mama Melrose - I just booked a Pixar Package there and I was a bit worried as our last visit wasn't the greatest, service and food wise.

Glad you were able to have a DISmeet, looks like it was great!

I've only eaten at Mama Melrose's once, and it was fine. But that was before Judy developed issues with gluten, so we don't frequent many italian restaurants these days. But I'm glad you had a good meal and report that you would be happy to return.

Mason was exhausted!

This is what DisneyWorld will do to a kid!!

Hey, welcome back!

Glad the kids got to do Jedi Training Academy. That's always fun.

I remember Mama Melrose's being just ok, but if you guys enjoyed it, that's what matters!

Hello readers. I know you all think I forgot about you.

I'm sorry, who are you again?

Beautiful ladies, all.

I have to say I was a little worried about our experience there, because I had seen mixed reviews.

I have too.
I've avoided it in the past because of the poor reviews, but I'm seeing more an more positive ones.
Maybe they've changed over the last few years?

We loved our meal and would definitely do it again! Our server was wonderful and the boys even had a great time!

Good to hear!

We had an appetizers - a few of us had the appy platter

That almost looks like a paint by numbers kit.

Jim always gets Cioppino every chance he gets

I've never had that!
Looks good, too.

if there are any kind of seafood dishes with tentacles, etc. Jim will order it

:laughing:

"And tonight's specialité... Alien tentacle fricassee."

"I'll have that."

Pork Tenderloin topped with Prosciutto, Sage, Fontina Cheese, Tuscan Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Lemon Caper Sauce

That sounds decadent... and delicious.

Mason was exhausted!

It's not easy being a jedi.

I will be back soon. I promise. I do keep my promises. If you are reading this, thanks for coming back!

Okay! See you then!

The meal looks quite lovely at Mama's! I"m a huge sucker for Italian!

Thanks for the review; that one's not been on my radar before, but I'd give it a try after seeing your photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter