• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach tips?

poohbear12880

Mouseketeer
I am going tomorrow for the first time and would appreciate any tips. Where should I get a chair? Do they have chairs in the shade? Are there rides that we should do first? We aren’t going to do any “thrill” slides. I would appreciate any tips. Thank you!! We

Beach chairs are everywhere and it will be very easy to get one.

Yes, some are in the shade but those will go first. Also, those in the shade in the AM will likely be in the sun in the afternoon so you'll want to see where it is in the sky and plan from there.

Not sure about slide recommendations but hopefully someone else with share their experiences.

Have fun! We love BB!

I would try to arrive before official opening time. We really like to rent a locker, put everything in it and be completely ready to slide at rope drop so we don't have to go find a chair, get situated and then get in line. If you are interested in Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride, I would get in line for the ski lift first. If not, I would head for the Snow Stormers/Toboggan Racers/Downhill Double Dippers area - those lines build pretty fast, particularly Downhill Double Dippers (I would probably do that first of the three). I would then go to the Runoff Rapids slides - these are our favorites, but the lines don't seem to get very long there (I think Double Dippers backs up because you have to wait for the rafts). I would then do the lazy river, wave pool, ski patrol or tike's peak areas - there never seem to be lines in those areas.

I would try to arrive before official opening time. We really like to rent a locker, put everything in it and be completely ready to slide at rope drop so we don't have to go find a chair, get situated and then get in line. If you are interested in Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride, I would get in line for the ski lift first. If not, I would head for the Snow Stormers/Toboggan Racers/Downhill Double Dippers area - those lines build pretty fast, particularly Downhill Double Dippers (I would probably do that first of the three). I would then go to the Runoff Rapids slides - these are our favorites, but the lines don't seem to get very long there (I think Double Dippers backs up because you have to wait for the rafts). I would then do the lazy river, wave pool, ski patrol or tike's peak areas - there never seem to be lines in those areas.

Excellent tips! Thanks for sharing!

Any word on Typhoon Lagoon opening? That is actually our favorite of the two. We are going late September and keeping our fingers crossed. If not, BB will be fun!

Any word on Typhoon Lagoon opening? That is actually our favorite of the two. We are going late September and keeping our fingers crossed. If not, BB will be fun!

Nothing official, just those photos that circulated of the park looking drained and rumors that part of Mount Mayday collapsed during the shutdown that circulated a couple of weeks ago. Those, combined with reports that Blizzard Beach has lower than normal crowds all Summer as some people speculating it won't reopen this year.

Last edited:
After hearing all of the reports that the parks are extremely crowded, I'm considering adding waterpark tickets. I've seen a couple of posts mention that the lines at BB haven't been too bad. Can anyone who has been in the last couple of weeks confirm this? Thanks!

It's not going to open this yr...best guess is opening when they shut down BB for their usual refurbishment. Nothing has been announced by Disney (they don't generally seem to have the consideration of letting folks know they're not opening things even though there's no chance,) but I would say once we got through the first couple weeks of June with no opening announcement; it seemed pretty clear they chose not to open Typhoon Lagoon this yr.

It's our favorite too and disappointing.

Well those ARE all excellent tips but @Marthasor left out my favorite attraction….the mini donuts with chocolate dipping sauce!!! Whatever line is there, it’s worth it! Yum…😝

LOL!!! No line the last time we went! They were very tasty!

After hearing all of the reports that the parks are extremely crowded, I'm considering adding waterpark tickets. I've seen a couple of posts mention that the lines at BB haven't been too bad. Can anyone who has been in the last couple of weeks confirm this? Thanks!

We were last there on June 21, which was a Monday. It really wasn't crowded at all. The only line we waited in was for downhill dippers and, as I said above, I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it takes so darn long for the tubes to return to those waiting after someone gets off the slide. We love BB. I think DS13 enjoys it more than the theme parks!

A CM told us it was over run with deer. Betting lots of less "cozy" wildlife as well...

1. If you can get by without taking your phone into the park (blasphemy, I know), you don't need a locker. Just keep your credit card (or KTTW card, if you're staying on site) in a swimsuit pocket. Bring towels, sunscreen, water bottles in a beach bag, and leave it by (or on) whatever chair(s) you claim. We've been multiple times and I've never had it moved or rummaged (especially if your chair is in a busy area).

Also, we wear t-shirts/shorts into the park, and carry our swimsuits in a plastic grocery bag inside the big beach bag. Change in the big bathrooms. When you're ready to leave, change back into your dry clothes, and put your wet swimsuits in the plastic bag.

2. For Teamboat Springs, you need 4-6 people. If there's only 2-3 of you, wait until another group of 3-4 shows up, and ask if you can share a ride (or ask the CM, and he/she will ask for you). Well worth the few minutes' wait!

3. Summit Plummet can get some long lines. Ride the ski lift of course. Be brave, it's a blast!

How's the availability of polar patios day of? I've tried to call in the last 5 or 6 days, and haven't had a wait time less then 2 hours, so i'm guessing others are in the same boat and can't wait?

How's the availability of polar patios day of? I've tried to call in the last 5 or 6 days, and haven't had a wait time less then 2 hours, so i'm guessing others are in the same boat and can't wait?

We called last Sunday to reserve a Polar Patio for September 9th (Sunday was the 60 day mark). When we called around 8:45 am, the automated message said there was in excess of a 2 hour wait. The actual wait was less (just over an hour and a half). We were able to get a Polar Patio, and the cost was $361.20. The price pained me a bit, but after that much of a time investment on the phone I couldn't say no LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter