• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon

Networth

DIS Veteran
So Blizzard Beach vs Typhoon Lagoon what do you all think? I’ve only even to Blizzard Beach and it was over ten years ago and were thinking about doing a water park.

The theming made all the difference for us. We visited both parks last summer.

As northerners, we didn't enjoy the ski lodge theme of BB as much as the lush tropical vibe of TL. We get enough real snow in the winter that we prefer to avoid the fake stuff during our trips down south.

We are returning to Orlando again in two weeks, and TL is on the itinerary once again. No one has expressed an interest in returning to BB.

I should also note....we are also big wave pool fans. The wave pool at BB is a small, slow, bobbing pool with tubes. The counterpart at TL is a huge, sweep-you-off-your-feet-with-a-powerful-gigantic-wave pool, with a lovely sand beach. Tons and tons of fun for me and my guys.

We did both a few weeks ago. My family (kids ages 16 and 13) liked TL better. They enjoyed BB but made us go back to TL one morning.

In my opinion
-BB has better slides.
-TL has better "wave pool" although the waves are different between the two
-BB has longer lazy river

I like BB overall better, my kids liked TL better.

My family generally prefers TL. The one exception was when they were between 4 and 10 and they had the play area with the zip line, that was a blast. But the wave pool is way better at TL

Our family prefers TL hands down. My kids ages are 20, 17, 15 and 13. They spent a lot of time in the wave pool at TL and we loved the water coaster option. Also the theming is just more relaxed at TL in our opinion. BB advantage would be summit plummit and the family raft ride.

I don't have the schedule in front of me, but I think Typhoon Lagoon will be closed for refurb in December.

Typhoon Lagoon if I want a relaxing "day at the beach". Only a few slides like Crush n' Gusher are worth climbing the stairs for. The rest of the day is spent relaxing on a lounge chair, floating in the lazy river, or get the &$@# knocked out of me in the wave pool.:beach:

Blizzard Beach is where I go when I want an active day full of sliding, riding and stair climbing.:faint:

Our family also prefers TL better. MUCH better wave pool and I enjoy the lazy river at TL also. I prefer the tropical vibe better than the winter one. We went to both during our last visit. For the first time ever, we played mini golf that was right beside BB. But, only BB will be open in Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter