Blizzard of 2010 - How much snow did you get?

bellaDisneydncr

DIS Veteran
I am currently writing from Fairchance, PA - about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh. I'm snowed in with about 2 ft of snow. No cable no internet (thank goodness for smart phones) - we had no power all last night but it came back this morning. The mountains near me have about 3 ft. I know I don't have the worst of it so how much did you all get?

And no silly remarks from those of you enjoying the florida sun lol :)

I'm in Collegeville, PA which is about 40 minutes NW of Center City Philadelphia. We have about 18 inches or so and it's snowing very lightly. The heavy stuff is gone, I think. We didn't lose power or have any problems. - it's interesting on TV they keep talking about how heavy and wet the snow is but at my house it was light, fluffy powder and very easy to shovel. They're saying we can get another BIG snow on Wednesday - maybe then I'll finally get a day off!

I'm from Middletown Delaware and we are supposed have around 20", but it is snowing quite hard right now so I suspect we have more. All I know is it looks like a heck of a lot of snow and I am not going out there.

18 inches in the middle of the driveway in the middle of Pittsburgh. So far I have shoveled a single shovel wide up the driveway and a single pass half way on the front side walk. The path up to the house is clear and so are the steps. They are no longer a slide.

Kim

I live about 30 miles east of Washington, DC and we have 29 inches and it is still coming down. :rotfl2: It is a wet, heavy snow. I am sooo ready for it to be over.

I live in washington DC and we have about 20 inches so far with another 5 expected. it is unbelievable out there. We are going to venture out in a bit to take pictures.

We're in South Jersey, Blackwood area, and we have about 24 inches and counting. The weather person just said we're going to get into a heavy band right now and get about 2 inches an hour! :scared1::scared1: We've shoveled 4 times already, and now waiting before going out there again. As for this storm on Tuesday night into Wednesday..... it better not!! I have a 6pm flight out of here to go to Disney!:cloud9::woohoo:

In Plymouth, MA we're getting only some "ocean effect" flurries from time-to-time.

5.5 inches, but the sun is out now and it looks beautiful outside.

20.6 inches here in Pittsburgh, or so the weather man says ... it looks like more than that. What makes it worse is that they were only predicting 4-8 inches where I am. Now that the snow has stopped, I'll be spending my afternoon shoveling out.

Bergenfield NJ - absolutely nothing. Not even a flurry in North Jersey.

I am from Philadephia, PA. I think we have about 18" outside. I am not real sure as this princess doesn't go out when she has to walk through snow unless it is to go to work. :lmao:DH left at 5:30 am this morning to go plowing. he has been laid off and then off of work as he had to have surgery (he cuts down trees for a living so doesn't get "sick" days). Yesterday was his first day back at work and he will be plowing most of the weekend. & while I feel bad that he is out there in the cold, he is thrilled to be working and it will be nice to have the money. :goodvibes Penny

Sewickley (slightly north of Pittsburgh) has 23 inches in our yard... I don't mind it we had a great street party after lunch today...those poor weathermen were so off...we were supposed to have 4-6 inches...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter