Blocked off awning in UK pavilion

WaltDisneyGirl84

DIS Veteran
I can’t figure out where to ask this so I’ll do it here. Recently at Epcot, I wandered way into the back of the UK pavilion and off to the back right corner, is an awning with fans and lights and I’m wondering what the heck this is? I couldn’t figure out if it was a closed shop/etc by searching the interwebs. Anyone know what this was/is? Maybe just a cast exit/entrance? My curiosity is getting the better of me. I didn’t snap a pic. Sorry!

I can’t figure out where to ask this so I’ll do it here. Recently at Epcot, I wandered way into the back of the UK pavilion and off to the back right corner, is an awning with fans and lights and I’m wondering what the heck this is? I couldn’t figure out if it was a closed shop/etc by searching the interwebs. Anyone know what this was/is? Maybe just a cast exit/entrance? My curiosity is getting the better of me. I didn’t snap a pic. Sorry!
This was the entrance to the Winnie the Pooh Meet & Greet that closed years ago. There was the short term announcement then ignoring a Mary Poppins "attraction" there ... never a promise of a ride although many imaginations came up with one.

To build something back there would involve substantial construction.

We did see that too a couple weeks ago - I peeked in and saw NO real evidence of anything happening. It could be they are using the space for some filming as the Meet & Greet was a cute boys bedroom.

https://blogmickey.com/2023/05/construction-underway-in-united-kingdom-at-epcot-near-former-winnie-the-pooh-meet-greet/

There were rumors at one point of Merida moving into the pavilion once mirabel evicts her at MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter