Blood Thinner questions

One thing I realized I forgot to put in my previous post - the only real negative for me on the Xarelto is that I can't take any kind of anti-inflammatory medications. I have arthritis in my knees and I had to stop Meloxicam when I went on the blood thinners. I also miss ibuprofen for things - sometimes Tylenol just doesn't cut it.

@DisneyHardin Oh, I so agree. I have been on blood thinners for about 8 years now and also have painful arthritic knees. I regularly took ibuprofen for them in the past but had to switch to Tylenol. It does not help too much at all, truthfully. Right now, I am taking nothing for them. :-(
But Eliquis is SO much better than the warfarin I had the first two years--I could never stabilize on that drug.

I'm on Eliquis, I have SVT, Afib, and Atrial Flutter - no issues. I also had a loop monitor implanted, so they can monitor me a little closer - it works with an app on my phone. Make sure your mom sees a good electrophysiologist, as well as cardiologist. After my first copay on Eliquis ($30), my insurance carrier reduced the price to $20. I also qualified for the Eliquis discount of $10 copay.

@DisneyHardin Oh, I so agree. I have been on blood thinners for about 8 years now and also have painful arthritic knees. I regularly took ibuprofen for them in the past but had to switch to Tylenol. It does not help too much at all, truthfully. Right now, I am taking nothing for them. :-(
But Eliquis is SO much better than the warfarin I had the first two years--I could never stabilize on that drug.
Thats sound just like DH but only A few years on eliquis . After his last surgery, he had tramadol for a few days, boy he wished he could stay on that…..his knees felt so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter