Blowing off Black Friday

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
I usually love Black Friday-- and I'm not a shopper. This year, I can't seem to get worked up about any of the specials-- is it just me?

I was especially interested in the following items--
--Fisher Price I Can Play Guitar-- heven't seen for less than 89, which I already bought it for
--Linksys Wireless Router--Best Buy has it at their usual price with a 15 GC-- not work the Best Buy craziness, IMHO
--19in TV-- nothing fancy, possibly with DVD/VCR player for a beach cottage
--Canon Digital Camera 7+ pixels

Maybe I've missed some really good flyers, but I can't see doing the 5 AM thing this year. Am I alone in this?

The only thing we are looking for is a new tv. DH has found one, I believe at Circuit City. (LCD-42 inch...blah, blah, blah) But he will be going out alone...there is nothing that I want to stand in line for.
He may be at Meijers at 12:01 for my 7 inch digital frame for $29.99.

Other than that, you're right...no big draw for us.

Lisa

The only thing we are looking for is a new tv. DH has found one, I believe at Circuit City. (LCD-42 inch...blah, blah, blah) But he will be going out alone...there is nothing that I want to stand in line for.
He may be at Meijers at 12:01 for my 7 inch digital frame for $29.99.

Other than that, you're right...no big draw for us.

Lisa

Do all Meijer stores open at 12:01 on BF?

Do all Meijer stores open at 12:01 on BF?

I don't know if they all do, but our local one does.
A friend of my DD works there.

Just noticed my frame does not go on sale until 5 am, I guess no need to get there early.
Have you seen the Thurs and Fri ad from Meijer?

The ads is awful this year. I was looking for a cheap ipod or mp3 player and portable DVD player but it looks like its all regular sale prices. I will be waiting for after Christmas sales this year.

I was looking for a cheap Scooter and some of the larger toys that they've asked for (Dora Doll, Bratz) at steals but this year...nada. Oh well....I've gotten a lot of it online this year....I guess I'll just continue with that. With the invention of the Internet it's so much easier to find things online with free shipping coupons or percent off sales that save gas and stress of doing it locally.

I agree maybe they are giving false Adds out somehow.

But no real door busters or tings I need.

I do need to get a few things and might try the local radioshack for them but I have to go to work and it might not be worth it to get up that early.

I am running to Walmart at 5am to pick up the Kodak Z710 camera that they have on sale for $150 and probably the DVD camcorder too. I might price match some DVDs. Oh and I want the portable DVD player. But my gifts to other people are not coming from the ads, I wasn't very excited by them. So BF this year is all about me! lol

Do you guys know if any deals can be had online on BF? I've never done BF - never had anyone willing to go with me and I don't like going alone. :(

Yep. For the first time in several years, I'll be sleeping-in on Black Friday.

For the first time we are going clothes shopping on BF. No electronics, but Polo, Banana Rep, AE, Coach at Tanger Outlet Mall for 12:01 am specials. I will be w/ my college-age kids and their friend, plus a very grumpy DH.

Sharon

I have debated on going out on BF this year also. Most of what my 2 ds's want is not on sale. There are things I will buy (jeans, clothes, etc.), but nothing I have to have. I go with dh's mother, aunt, and sister every year. This year I am going more for the tradition with family than for the deals.

My BF shopping friend and I were talking about BF the other day. She said that people say to her "how can you get up at 5 AM and go out and fight those crazy people???" and she summed it up perfectly. She said that she and her friend (me) look at BF as an event, not a mad-crazy shopping day. We take our time. We don't rush. We eat breakfast AND lunch because we are out that long. We just enjoy the day!

Now if they had some really sweet deals, that would be even more fun!:dance3:

The ads is awful this year. I was looking for a cheap ipod or mp3 player and portable DVD player but it looks like its all regular sale prices. I will be waiting for after Christmas sales this year.

I got my DS a refurbished iPod on the apple site. It was only $79

I've never done it, but am planning to hit Toys R Us for a Playstation 2. I'm normally awake at about 5; I'll get up and hit the store, crowds and all. I plan to be home by 8.

Most of my shopping is done (all online up to this point) and I love the hustle and bustle as long as I don't NEED a particular item.

I think that a lot of the stores have had sales this weekend; they'll be posting the BF ads in the next few days to lure the shoppers back in.

Im not going out either which will be a 1st.. nothing really interests me this year. I pretty much have everything I need.

Not planning to go out here either. The ads haven't really impressed me. We're looking for a new tv and I did some comparing with the ads out today. Some of the tvs are the same price others just $100 less. It's not worth that to me to have to fight that crowd on Friday! I've gone alot of shopping already at some really great sales. Good luck to those who venture out!

Andrea

Mom w/2 princesses

princess: 6 princess: 4

The only thing that really interests me is the Old Navy jeans for $15. Other than that, nothing really fantastic!

I've never done it, but am planning to hit Toys R Us for a Playstation 2. I'm normally awake at about 5; I'll get up and hit the store, crowds and all. I plan to be home by 8.

Most of my shopping is done (all online up to this point) and I love the hustle and bustle as long as I don't NEED a particular item.

I think that a lot of the stores have had sales this weekend; they'll be posting the BF ads in the next few days to lure the shoppers back in.

Is there a special on the Playstation 2 at TRU on BF? We are going to get on as a back-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter