BLT experience last weekend

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We were in the BLT from 10/25 to 10/28. We checked in about 12:30. We took ME but since the Contemporary was the last stop we got off at the first stop (Polynesian) and took the Monorail over then walked to BLT. We beat the bus by about 15 minutes.
Our room was not ready and we went for lunch, etc. and came back at 3. Still not ready, so we went out in the courtyard by the pool and played ping pong for a while. We waited in the lobby from about 3:40 to 4:15. My husband asked them about it and they sent a runner, saying the room should be ready. They came back and said engineering had been fixing a clogged sink, so now it was being cleaned, was almost done, and that it should be ready anytime. Just before it was ready Stephen (or Stephan) told us that since they had wasted our time, he saw that we were headed to Epcot in the evening and gave us a FP for test track we could use anytime between then and close! Now mind you my husband is very low key, saying take your time and it's OK, no big deal, and was not demanding any type of compensation. If he had been cranky and accusatory I don't know if that would have happened!
The studio room, 8040, was on the 10th floor on the outside of the C, facing Epcot and the contemporary itself. It was very nice, no issues that I could find, a nice relaxing balcony with a great view. Asking for an even number was great--last time we were there we were looking into another wing of rooms. There was a connecting door so it was probably part of a lock off.
I made a lot of use of the drink machine at the main building. We were close to the elevators so no big deal on the walk. As it turns out we only did MK and Epcot this trip so we never used a bus. On Monday we spent over 3 hours at the BLT pool and it was nice and relaxing. The shade started to hit about 2PM, though, and crept over as it went--with fall back this weekend I can imagine the late afternoons will have a pool covered with shade.
We also had the breakfast buffet at the wave and it was wonderful with lots of options. On the last night we took our CP daughter up to the top of the world and watched Wishes. She's done a lot of cool CP things but I think we got her on that one. :)
It was very nice to be there in the fall--I have only gone previously during spring break, Christmas, and summer. We did MNSSHP and went to the Food and Wine (although that was CRAZY crowded and I'd like to go back during a calmer day). It just made me want my retirement to come sooner!
All in all I love BLT. We have BWV booked in April and I even checked to see if I could get a few days at BLT but it was all booked up for our time period. If we go spring break 2016 I am definitely checking BLT first.
Daisyx3

Glad you like BLT. It is a favorite for DH and myself as well. We miss it if we go more than two trips to WDW without staying there.

It sounds like a special moment with your daughter watching wishes from the balcony for TOTWL. Very nice! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a good time spent with your daughter. We were at BLT from 10-20 to 10-25. We were in a one bedroom #8027. We requested an even number room but when we checked in they said all that was noted was upper floor. If you do online check in does it erase any requests you made by phone?
It was not a bad view though as we were in the center looking straight out at the lake. My only complaint was the windows. The large window in the living room was filthy as were the windows in the hallways. They need to hire some window cleaners full time for that place!

.....(snip)......... We requested an even number room but when we checked in they said all that was noted was upper floor. If you do online check in does it erase any requests you made by phone?.......

Yes. If you request something during the online check-in process, it overwrites anything you may have requested from MS.

The online check-in process really serves the CRO/DRC reservations - the choices it offers do not really apply to the DVC villas.

You should skip the request portion when you do online check-in and either email or call MS to add any requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter