• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT first timer (what do you love?)

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
Good morning DIS board friends,

DH and I will be staying at BLT in a one-bedroom May 1st-May 7th with our DS (age 20) who will be bringing a friend (also 20). I am really excited, as we have never stayed at BLT. I booked a theme park view (hope it's nice!).

Two questions: does the resort offer massage therapy at the health club? I know there isn't a spa (like SS or VGF). I remember many years ago, Muscles and Bustles at the BW used to but they no longer do. I know the BC also offers this service. Any idea? If yes, do I book it once I arrive or do I call the resort to book?

Second question: if you love/stay at BLT, what do love the most? Anything I want to be aware of that isn't necessarily public information I can find on the website? Like tips/tricks? Thank you so much!

We love BLT (we own DVC there)!

Here are some of my favorite things about BLT:
1. Extra bathroom in 1BR and up - priceless with kids/young adults.
2. Walk to MK - so easy; especially wonderful at the end of the night when everyone else is waiting for transportation.
3. Nice view of fireworks - you won't see any castle projections, etc., but the view is nice. You can view from your room, the bridge, Top of the World Lounge (if you are eligible to go there).
4. Short walk to CR to get food - CR offers a few options from quick service to table service.
5. Small resort so easy to get around (pop in at the store for some milk, etc.).

Have fun!

We love BLT (we own DVC there)!

Here are some of my favorite things about BLT:
1. Extra bathroom in 1BR and up - priceless with kids/young adults.
2. Walk to MK - so easy; especially wonderful at the end of the night when everyone else is waiting for transportation.
3. Nice view of fireworks - you won't see any castle projections, etc., but the view is nice. You can view from your room, the bridge, Top of the World Lounge (if you are eligible to go there).
4. Short walk to CR to get food - CR offers a few options from quick service to table service.
5. Small resort so easy to get around (pop in at the store for some milk, etc.).

Have fun!
Holden nailed it. We are happy DVC owners at BLT. To add to what was already stated I like:

1) Getting up early while its quiet and having a coffee on the balcony. Then watching the monorail go by with a backdrop of the Castle, Space Mountain, and a portion of Adventure Land.
2) Repeat number 1 in the evening with an adult beverage in hand and my own private viewing of the fireworks and the electric water pageant parade.
3) Short 10-15 minute walk to the park and do rope drop in the morning for a favorite ride. Go back to BLT for lunch, nap, etc. Walk back around early dinner time as the families with young children begin to make there way out hitting a lull (hopefully) in the ride wait times. Alternatively, I will sometimes take my nap at the pool as my mid afternoon break and order lunch at the pool bar. Just be sure to wear sunscreen and/or sit in the shade. It's like having your own private oasis with lake views and most of the young kido crowd is at the park. Basically, BLT being so close, becomes a part of my regular routine during the day.

Yes the theming is meh, but with a park view room I tend to always be looking outside towards Magic Kingdom. Will be curious to see how things look after the planned refurbishment. Fingers crossed it will be awesome.

Yes the lobby is well...just a lobby. But I don't spend much time in lobbys anyways.

Good luck and enjoy! We love Bay Lake.

We found the buses to be very efficient with generally little to no wait.

Second the motion to get takeout and bring back to the room.

The extra bed linens are in the coffee table.

The extra bathroom for your son and friend will be a lifesaver.

The twin chair bed is not very long or comfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:

We just stayed at BLT in February. First time for my wife and I. My personal recommendation is to ask for a room on the 5th floor as close to the walkway to Contemporary as possible (not sure logistically what that looks like with a Theme Park view, might be untenable). We had the closest room to it and it made it so convenient to hop out and across to the Contemporary for all of its offerings. I also second the Electric Water Pageant at night - I will also add - the walkway to Contemporary (and the large balcony attached to it on the Contemporary side) is a fun little place to watch Happily Ever After - they were piping the music in that general balcony area :)

You should not put in a request for the fifth floor. You have a theme park view room. You should immediately put in a request through Member Services for a higher floor room. 8 or above, and hope you get it. Higher floor is a needed if you want a good view. The main view of the lower floor theme park view rooms, including fifth floor, is of a large parking lot and a monorail track.

You should not put in a request for the fifth floor. You have a theme park view room. You should immediately put in a request through Member Services for a higher floor room. 8 or above, and hope you get it. Higher floor is a needed if you want a good view. The main view of the lower floor theme park view rooms, including fifth floor, is of a large parking lot and a monorail track.
drusba is correct. You're almost to the ideal floor level. 5th floor wouldn't be terrible but just a little higher will take out the parking lot view / activity and give you the resort view feeling.

Crap, thanks for reminding me,, just grabbed 2 nights 2br theme park view, forgot to request high floor please..

i really like having a washer and dryer in the room. I do one load of laundry every day and pack the clothes back into a suitcase. When we get home I don’t have tons of laundry from our trip. It also makes it easier to dry your swimsuit and freshen up clothes that we wrinkled in our luggage.

I’ve noticed that lots of people recommend the fifth floor. I’m genuinely confused by this because last year we requested a room on the fifth floor only to find that the walkway to the contemporary is on the fourth floor. There are rooms on the fourth floor so why do so many people recommend staying on the fifth floor?

Oh wait I believe the walk way is on the 4th floor in Contemporary and 5th floor in BLT, never really thought about it. People might want 5th floor to not have to ride elevators?

Oh wait I believe the walk way is on the 4th floor in Contemporary and 5th floor in BLT, never really thought about it. People might want 5th floor to not have to ride elevators?
It‘s on the fourth floor for both. Last year we had a fifth floor room at BLT and always had to go down the stairs to get to the walkway. I had gone out of my way and waited a couple of extra hours to get a room on the fifth floor. It wasn’t bad but I would have preferred the fourth floor. I thought that maybe there were no rooms on the fourth floor (like the second floor of the contemporary) but there we’re definitely lots of rooms on the fourth floor of BLT.

One bad thing which I don’t understand why Disney did this………ice machine is only on three floors. And even though I ask every time, I also forget every time Which floors they are. More than once I’ve run into guests with ice buckets looking bewildered , not understanding why they can’t find the ice machine on that floor.

You should not put in a request for the fifth floor. You have a theme park view room. You should immediately put in a request through Member Services for a higher floor room. 8 or above, and hope you get it.
thank you so much for this advice! I made sure to call Member Services on Wednesday this week (*before* the APs went on sale 🤣 ) and they were super helpful! I know it's not a guarantee but I am hoping to maximize the points used for the theme park and get a floor as high as possible. I appreciate your help! ☺️

One bad thing which I don’t understand why Disney did this………ice machine is only on three floors. And even though I ask every time, I also forget every time Which floors they are. More than once I’ve run into guests with ice buckets looking bewildered , not understanding why they can’t find the ice machine on that floor.
I had no idea. I sent my husband to get me ice after the marathon and wondered why it took him so long. I just searched, and it looks like they're on the 4th, 9th & 12th floors.

1. Walk to MK(or monorail)
2. Extra bathroom in 1 bed
3. Amenities at CR, like Contempo Cafe, Steakhouse 71, Outer Rim
4. Monorail to Poly and GF for eateries
5. Top of the World Lounge(fireworks viewing is awesome)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter