BLT Lake View Studio

Brandis

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying in a Lake View Studio in BLT in October.

If I remember correctly, some of the rooms in the inner ring of BLT are also designated as Lake View, right? I'd rather have a "direct" lake view on the outer ring.

During online check-in, the only request options given were "Ground Floor", "Lower Floor", "Upper Floor" and "Near Skyway Bridge". So I chose "Upper Floor".

If I send a mail to Guest Services, do you think it's possible to have a request for an "outside" room added to my reservation? What would the correct description be so the room dispatcher knows what I mean?

Almost all of the rooms on the "inner ring" are lake view. The lower floors on that side are classified as standard view. The outer ring has theme park views, lake views and standard views. The most popular request is probably high floor, outer ring on north side. Those lake view rooms have partial views of the MK and the fireworks.

Take a look at this thread for detailed info on the various views - it includes room numbers and pictures:

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 7/15/13

If you didn't select a request via online check in, you can email Member Services and ask to add your request. I believe choosing a request via online check-in negates anything you may have had added to your reservation by MS. The resort doesn't get a list of reservations (and requests) until a few days prior to arrival.

I selected near skyway bridge as I assume that's the bridge that goes over to the CR. We are also a LV studio. Is near the skyway bridge a good area to be in? Is it super noisy and how are the views?

The skybridge goes from the 5th floor of BLT to the 4th floor of the Contemporary Resort.

I selected near skyway bridge as I assume that's the bridge that goes over to the CR. We are also a LV studio. Is near the skyway bridge a good area to be in? Is it super noisy and how are the views?

Hahaha! Our home resort is BLT, which I love, but I never know what to expect with the room categories (aside from trying to look at pictures, maps, etc on DIS Boards.). Once we had a "standard view" 1BR that was outer ring with partial lake view on 1st floor. We sat on our balcony and watched the water parade several nights. Loved the location.....except felt a little like a fishbowl with everyone on the sidewalk looking in as they walked by.

Last time, we requested highest floor possible 2BR with standard view ( because my husband didn't want to be "watched" again) and we got 5th floor, either the first or second room off the sky bridge, facing MK. It was close to the elevators, and great for my MIL using a scooter. Noise didn't bother us, but, during day or night fireworks, people would stand on the sky bridge, and our room was in full view if the curtains were open. From both the bedroom balconies you could see the top of space mountain? And a view of fireworks. For standard view points, I felt our location with partial MK view was great!! We enjoyed the fireworks at least 2 nights from our balcony......and we were also woken up one night a 2 am or so after the park was closed with fireworks from an AFV Grand Prize show they were filming.....fun times!!:)

Hahaha! Our home resort is BLT, which I love, but I never know what to expect with the room categories (aside from trying to look at pictures, maps, etc on DIS Boards.). Once we had a "standard view" 1BR that was outer ring with partial lake view on 1st floor. We sat on our balcony and watched the water parade several nights. Loved the location.....except felt a little like a fishbowl with everyone on the sidewalk looking in as they walked by.

Last time, we requested highest floor possible 2BR with standard view ( because my husband didn't want to be "watched" again) and we got 5th floor, either the first or second room off the sky bridge, facing MK. It was close to the elevators, and great for my MIL using a scooter. Noise didn't bother us, but, during day or night fireworks, people would stand on the sky bridge, and our room was in full view if the curtains were open. From both the bedroom balconies you could see the top of space mountain? And a view of fireworks. For standard view points, I felt our location with partial MK view was great!! We enjoyed the fireworks at least 2 nights from our balcony......and we were also woken up one night a 2 am or so after the park was closed with fireworks from an AFV Grand Prize show they were filming.....fun times!!:)
Great information...thank you! I will keep my request and am excited to see where we end up. I just figured we'd be running over to the CR a bunch and wanted to be near the bridge. But then again, we will be walking over to MK too and might rather be near the lobby (ah, we only plan to do MK one night and we will mostly be at Epcot for F&W so I think near the bridge will be good). I hope I get the studio part of your 2BR so I can see the fireworks and Space Mtn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter