• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Lakeview Studio v. Riviera Preferred Studio

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
Since my family never seems to know what to say thought I would ask my fellow dis'ers. I currently have a BLT lakeview studio booked 1st week of December and a Riviera preferred studio booked 2nd week of December (but only going one week - need to pick). Solo trip so size of room is not an issue. Will have a rental car so transportation to farther parks not an issue either. I have stayed at Riviera in both a Standard view studio and Tower studio last couple of years - love the resort and of course the Skyliner . I have not stayed at BLT in over 10 years but love the proximity to MK. Love the kitchenette at BLT, but the bathroom, television size and room are not near as nice as what I would have at Riviera. As for which is my favorite Disney park . . . whichever one I am in. :cutie:

Any opinions, i.e. do you think proximity to MK trumps the beauty of the room at Riviera? Or does trying something you haven't done in forever with possibly a high floor view of pretty Bay Lake sound like fun, too? First World problems, huh?

Are you planning to go to one of the MVMCPs? If so, BLT hands down. I am assuming (hoping) those will be back this year, even though nothing has been announced. Beyond that, the monorail resorts are beautifully decorated for he Holidays and you would be a boat ride away from the Wilderness Lodge complex. For us, the gingerbread house at the GF is a must visit.

I say this as BWV owner who loves the Epcot area and stays there most nights of every trip. I love the Skyliner, but it can be frustrating to get on at the Riviera when it's busy.

Have fun choosing, and don't second guess yourself once the choice is made. :)

I had this same quandry in 2020. We ended up staying in a Lake View Studio at BLT and loved it. We had an 8th floor lake view that actually had partial park view as well. The only downside was the size of the room. Transportation via busses was always prompt. The ability to walk in and out of MK in less than 10mins was amazing. Easy walk to Contemporary via the 5th floor bridge. We did not eat at any of the Contemporary locations besides CG for dinner.

We have a Standard View Studio booked for RIV in January 2023 and I am looking forward to comparing the experiences. I do not think you can go wrong with either choice!

It sounds like you know the advantages and disadvantages of each. My 2 cents is I would pick BLT over Riviera. Just my own personal feeling, that's all.

If you're going to do a MVMCP I would stay at BLT. It is considerably smaller, but for a solo trip I don't think it matters as much. And if you have an even ## room you will have a good view of MK fireworks (including MVMCP fireworks). I love Riviera too, but since you haven't stayed at BLT in over 10 years, it might be fun to mix it up a little.

I think it depends on which parks you might go to more often.

We are split staying at VGF and RIV so we get the best of both. But, I will say one of the pluses for BLT is you have nice access to all the MK resorts and their holiday decorations as well as ease to the Xmas party

We love the Festival of the Holidays so we do spend more nights at RIV, which would still get my top vote.

For a solo trip with a car, I'd actually pick AKL savanna, which is in line with those point values. Being alone on my balcony with the animals instead of with kids or listening to kids sounds pretty heavenly to me. Easy parking access.

Last edited:
For a solo trip with a car, I'd actually pick AKL savanna, which is in line with those point values. Being alone on my balcony with the animals instead of with kids or listening to kids sounds pretty heavenly to me. Easy parking access.
I know what you mean. I actually own at AKL and stay there often which is the only reason I am considering a different resort this time.

Appreciate everyone's input. :teeth:

Why not 3 at one (BLT) and 4 at the other (RIV), just modify your current reservations. You get close access to MGK and EPCOT from BLT and EPCOT and Studios form RIV. Win-Win

Why not 3 at one (BLT) and 4 at the other (RIV), just modify your current reservations. You get close access to MGK and EPCOT from BLT and EPCOT and Studios form RIV. Win-Win
Me no likey split stay(eys). LOL I'm one of those who like to unpack totally and settle in. Plus, they are two different weeks and while I could go Wednesday to Wednesday, I miss more work if I do it that way. BUT, I appreciate all the input. It's not like I'm going to go wrong either way, right? :p

I totally understand not wanting a split stay. We did it once and that was 1 too many. Have a great trip.

Any opinions, i.e. do you think proximity to MK trumps the beauty of the room at Riviera?

That's really the question and it comes down to your actual plans. Do you like to spend 50% of your time or more at MK? Particularly park hopping to evenings at MK even where you started the day elsewhere? If so, BLT is the easy choice.
On the other hand, do you spend no more than 1/4th of your time at MK? Like spending evenings at Epcot? Then Riviera becomes the easier choice.

I own at both and always do split stays. I might do 3 nights at BLT and 4 at RIV or visa versa. I

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter