BLT or AKL CL at 7 months

Grammy4Lizzy

DIS Veteran
We have reservations on the Magic for November 2 2014. We want to go to WDW a couple days early. We would come from Vegas on Thursday and stay until Sunday morning to go to the port.
I really want to stay at BLT or AKL CL for those days. Our home is SSR and I don't have a problem staying there if I can't switch but I really want to stay somewhere new. We want a 1 Bedroom. I kinda am hoping that with VGF open that a great portion of people will go there and leave me BLT.
I know that F&W should still be going on and we will be there over Halloween but do you think it is possible to et what I want?
Thanks for you input.

At 7 Months, you should be able to get at least a BLT 1 Bedroom Lake View. You might have to waitlist some nights but they will probably go through.

If you want to stay AKL CL, you cannot use points for that. That would have to be a cash stay and you would be on the fourth floor of Jambo House. If you are talking about AKV CL, there are only five two bedroom lockofs on the sixth floor. And they probably are already gone.

As long as you are looking for only a couple nights and a 1BR you will have a decent chance for BLT lake view but AKV CL is highly questionable.

We have reservations on the Magic for November 2 2014. We want to go to WDW a couple days early. We would come from Vegas on Thursday and stay until Sunday morning to go to the port.
I really want to stay at BLT or AKL CL for those days. Our home is SSR and I don't have a problem staying there if I can't switch but I really want to stay somewhere new. We want a 1 Bedroom. I kinda am hoping that with VGF open that a great portion of people will go there and leave me BLT.
I know that F&W should still be going on and we will be there over Halloween but do you think it is possible to et what I want?
Thanks for you input.

I would stay at BLT over AKL any day. AKL has no QS at kadani village which is a pain. Have fun I think you would be able o get a regular 1 bedroom at either resort 7 months out, book as soon as possible.

I would stay at BLT over AKL any day. AKL has no QS at kadani village which is a pain. Have fun I think you would be able o get a regular 1 bedroom at either resort 7 months out, book as soon as possible.

Not that it would be available, but if you were staying CL at the Animal Kingdom through DVC, wouldn't you be staying at Jambo House? I didn't think there was CL at Kidani Village. And doesn't Jambo House does have Mara, which is a QS?

Yes CL is at Jambo house. I own at AKV and have been watching the CL rooms. You can occasionally catch a night here or there, but it would be a near miracle for you to get all 3 nights there at 7 months. Those rooms are booked at 11 months in most cases and ressies often have to be walked.

If you book at exactly 7 months you might be able to get a BLT room, but for AKV CL it's going to be very difficult. Nov. 2 next year I believe is the start of Jersey week. I'm not sure, but I can almost guess AKV owners snag those rooms really quick. I'm an AKV owner and I myself have been thinking about that week for next year in a CL room. Definitely put in a waitlist if you can't get the room and see what happens. I hope for some pixie dust for you :goodvibes.

If you want to stay AKL CL, you cannot use points for that. That would have to be a cash stay and you would be on the fourth floor of Jambo House. If you are talking about AKV CL, there are only five two bedroom lockofs on the sixth floor. And they probably are already gone.

Why do they post how many points to stay Club Level if you have to pay cash? That does not make any sense.
Thank you for your help.

Grammy4Lizzy said:
Why do they post how many points to stay Club Level if you have to pay cash? That does not make any sense.
Thank you for your help.

AKL CL is cash. AKV CL is points.

Thank you for your help.

The distinction is AKL vs.AKV.

AKL is cash only...it is through the lodge.
AKV is for points...book through DVC.

The AKV part has only 10 units, only 5 if they would be all booked as 2 bedrooms. We have stayed AKV Club level 4 times, and always in a studio, and we always booked 11 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter