BLT or RIV or BWV??

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We currently have a reservation for next March at our home resort, BLT. We have been considering moving to an EPCOT area resort at the 7-month mark since we also are staying at BLT in June and also since this trip is just DH and I we would possibly be spending more time at EPCOT.

Our first choice was BCV, but as we get closer to the 7-month mark, that is looking less and less likely. The Tower Studio at RIV is showing still available, as is a Garden view at BWV, at which I have never stayed.

Assuming they remain available, would you switch from BLT (I have stayed here many times) to either RIV or BWV?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. :-)

I think either will be great!
Obviously with RIV being new, it would be nice to stay there.
I have stayed at BWV several times and love it there!
I also own at BLT :wave: Hi neighbor

My home is BWV and it is a wonderful place to be , especially when your trip centers on EPCOT. :) But I would love a stay at Riviera to give the gondolas a try.

My suggestions is to try for the Riviera with BWV as a back up choice if you can't get the Riviera. BWV Pool/Garden views are usually available at 7 months so you'll probably have other opportunities to give it a try. We don't really know how the Riviera availability will play out yet., and new resorts are generally easier to get while still being sold than they are afterwards. The good news is that you can't go wrong with either choice!

The Tower Studio will be much smaller than the studios at BWV. If it was a deluxe studio I go for it, just to see it and try it out, plus to experience the Skyliner to both DHS and Epcot. BTW, the Tower studio at Riviera is over 60 square feet smaller than the AKV value studio, which is currently the smallest DVC studio.

Last edited:
The tower studios are gone by 8:01 am at the 7th month mark. If you’re going for one of them, be ready at 8 am.

Hello!

We currently have a reservation for next March at our home resort, BLT. We have been considering moving to an EPCOT area resort at the 7-month mark since we also are staying at BLT in June and also since this trip is just DH and I we would possibly be spending more time at EPCOT.

Our first choice was BCV, but as we get closer to the 7-month mark, that is looking less and less likely. The Tower Studio at RIV is showing still available, as is a Garden view at BWV, at which I have never stayed.

Assuming they remain available, would you switch from BLT (I have stayed here many times) to either RIV or BWV?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. :-)
I would skip trying for a Tower Studio. People are actually walking them. Even the standard studios at RIV are a hard to get at 7 months. I would go straight to BWV G/P because it will be booking up quickly at 7 months given that BCV is already filling up.

Sure, I say try some place else if there's availability! Since both are new to you either sounds great.

If you have stayed at BLT enough times - then definitely try something else. the BWV has a great location and it has nighttime entertainment. don't know what RIV will have after the parks are closed. remember March is spring break time - so unless you got lucky - expect WDW to be crowded

I just had this exact experience. Im a BLT owner and I'm going to WDW in the last week of FEB 2020. Ive stayed at BLT a lot and I love it but want to be at the EPCOT resorts instead. I was able to book a Riviera tower studio for 5 nights but switched today to BWV when the Boardwalk view was available so I jumped on it. Truth be told after thinking about it the tower studio at Riviera made me want to change. If I had a regular Deluxe studio at Riviera I would have probably kept it to try out the new resort

Like others I too am a BLT owner. Even though I love BLT a boardwalk view is definitely something I recommend you do if you have the opportunity. We noticed if the party you are traveling with is older boardwalk is great since there is a bit of a nighttime atmosphere there.

We're also going in March and June! Since you're staying at BLT in June and your other trip is adults only, I'd stay closer to EPCOT at Boardwalk just to mix it up. I've never stayed there, but I know those who do always rave about it.

I am in the same debate except diff home resort! I am booked for March OKW, but this trip is 2 of us only so was thinking BWV or RIV tower room studio. I have stayed at BWV many times too and we love it, the thought of trying a new place sounds cool. I am wondering what other options to grab food besides the place at the top will be at RIV. Either way I will be ready early at that 7 month mark and if we cant move then we are totally fine relaxing at OKW and eating at DS's. Keep us posted what you end up grabbing!!

I am in the same debate except diff home resort! I am booked for March OKW, but this trip is 2 of us only so was thinking BWV or RIV tower room studio. I have stayed at BWV many times too and we love it, the thought of trying a new place sounds cool. I am wondering what other options to grab food besides the place at the top will be at RIV. Either way I will be ready early at that 7 month mark and if we cant move then we are totally fine relaxing at OKW and eating at DS's. Keep us posted what you end up grabbing!!

Thanks!

I'm leaning towards trying for BWV since we've never stayed there. I'll come back and post after!

Our check-in date is 3/16, what are your dates?

Have you checked availability for RIV Tower studios in March? The first week is pretty much gone already and there are holes in the second week. I’ve been watching studios at RIV for a while. There appears to be some walking going on at the 7-month window. I think your chances are best for a BWV G/P studio.

RIV for mid and end march looks all open as of now, just checked again. Now I am debating BRV too if its open, and as of now it looks like it is and its 106 points VS the 111 for BWV or RIV for our dates. Should be interesting to see what we end up with!

our dates are 22-28th

Looks like we overlap by one day…we check-out 3/23!

I'm kind of getting nervous about the crowds…I keep getting updates from TP that the crowd levels my week are 9-10 :scared1:

RIV for mid and end march looks all open as of now, just checked again. Now I am debating BRV too if its open, and as of now it looks like it is and its 106 points VS the 111 for BWV or RIV for our dates. Should be interesting to see what we end up with!

I've never stayed at BRV, have you? I think my DH would really like it there, but then we lose the better transportation options we have at either BLT or BWV.

Crowds may be high, but we are going either way! Our AP's expire april 12th so we chose a week that worked best for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter