BLT Road Closures?

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know anything about this message regarding scheduled Road Closures in January and February 2020? When you click on the link it just brings you to your notifications, but there isn't anything there.

From the disneyworld.com:
Several roads around Disney’s Contemporary Resort may operate under traffic restrictions or be closed to accommodate runDisney events on the following dates:
  • Saturday, January 11 and Sunday, January 12, 2020 from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend events
  • Sunday, February 23, 2020 from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM for the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend event
We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience

I would plan my mornings to not use a car or bus, use the monorail to MK and EPCOT, if you want to go to the studios, walk or take the boats/skyliner from EPCOT. I've experienced 30 to 40 minute traffic delays during the marathon in the MK resort area.

Last edited:

I would plan my mornings to not use a car or bus, use the monorail to MK and EPCOT, if you want to go to the studios, walk or take the boats/skyliner from EPCOT. I've experienced 30 to 40 minute traffic delays during the marathon in the MK resort area.
They will need to have park hoppers to go through Epcot to get to DHS taking the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter