BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I just booked 6 nights November 20-25 at Beach Club villas. That leaves the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving to book. I don’t have enough BCV points to book them with Disney’s 50% limit on borr points. I do have 75 points available with my BLT contract, so I’ll book there when that window opens. Since it’s only 2 nights, I’ll probably book a MK studio and request a high floor to get a fireworks view, if there are fireworks by then. Are my chances 100% of getting a good view of the castle doing this? The 2 times that I have booked standard studios, I got a second floor unit that had a aview of the parking area and a partial view of the fireworks, blockEd by a tree.

No, not necessarily. The MK view rooms go down to the 4th floor and though they moved 3rd floor out of the category they still often seen to use it and claim its MK view. You can see the castle but it's not the same sort of view as a high room. Also some of the MK view studios that are around towards the walkway side you need to be right up by the slider or out on the balcony to see the fireworks.

We love BLT and been fortunate enough to stay there 3 times! This past March we had a 2 week trip booked for BLT but alas WDW shut down and we have been missing it ever since
This AM we are going to call DVC and book a week for Feb and need help from the veterans here on how to get a bit more of a specific room location
We love South lakeside facing the Contemporary with a very high floor
Looking at room layouts on the 1st page room 8544 2 bed would be awesome
So what’s our best bet in asking for requests to be able to get this or doggone near it?
TIA!!

We love BLT and been fortunate enough to stay there 3 times! This past March we had a 2 week trip booked for BLT but alas WDW shut down and we have been missing it ever since
This AM we are going to call DVC and book a week for Feb and need help from the veterans here on how to get a bit more of a specific room location
We love South lakeside facing the Contemporary with a very high floor
Looking at room layouts on the 1st page room 8544 2 bed would be awesome
So what’s our best bet in asking for requests to be able to get this or doggone near it?
TIA!!

We've had a few stays at BLT Jimmy and unlike VWL I have some luck with requests there. :laughing: I think though that the outer 15th floor is the bottom floor of the GV's and you'll need to request the 14th floor. What I'd do if making that request would be "Even numbered room, south facing, high floor such as 8444, 8244 or 8144".

We've had a few stays at BLT Jimmy and unlike VWL I have some luck with requests there. :laughing: I think though that the outer 15th floor is the bottom floor of the GV's and you'll need to request the 14th floor. What I'd do if making that request would be "Even numbered room, south facing, high floor such as 8444, 8244 or 8144".
Thank You KAT!! You know one of the reasons I like that South facing room, don't you? :goodvibes

You can see VWL from that room? If that is not it, I need another hint.
You guessed it! We are big VWL fans and when staying at BLT, we love the view of VWL. And vice versa, when on the lake boating over towards MK, love the view of BLT. Odd, I know, why not stay at VWL if I love it that much. We do, and did, very much back in the day when we 1st bought into DVC. But as time passed, we branched out, and BLT became a top of the list(along with several others)resort for us.

We really liked our TPV. :thumbsup2 I mean - looking at space mountain and the castle while sitting on your couch or making a sandwich? Not too shabby.

p1370790236-4.jpg

And this:

p14079948-4.jpg

And this every night just before going to bed?

p343948877-4.jpg

There are some who focus on the parking lot - which is just below the theme park view rooms but many of us enjoy what's further beyond that.
I know this is a very old post but may I ask what floor this was on? Even better what room type and room number? The views are lovely!

If you had the choice to do a TPV at CR in Oct, or a TPV at BLT in Sept for a special occasion, which would you choose? Which resort has a better view of the castle at night and the fireworks?
We've stayed at the CR but never BLT.

If you had the choice to do a TPV at CR in Oct, or a TPV at BLT in Sept for a special occasion, which would you choose? Which resort has a better view of the castle at night and the fireworks?
We've stayed at the CR but never BLT.

Hmmmmm - both have their better TPV rooms and their not quite as good TPV rooms. If you can get the direct view room like you asked me about just above I'd take that at BLT. Sometimes though I think CR is better at filling requests though but then I do like October weather better than Sept. Toss a coin?

I’ve tried to read through this thread, but I‘m confused as to the room layouts and what area to request. Due to Beach Club still being closed during our late May trip, we were offered an upgrade to a dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View villa at Bay Lake Tower! I’ve never stayed DVC before and have been frantically trying to learn more about Bay Lake Tower. This is a cash reservation so what is the current mousekeeping status during Covid? Every other day or just fresh towels & trash removal on request? Also, any recommendations for your favorite room location options for a dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View? I’ve read about the north or south tower, even or odd numbered rooms, but it’s confusing. Is there a posted layout of the resort with room categories a available on each floor? What should I ask for to have a nice view of the lake, not tennis courts or marina, so we will be able to see the electrical water pageant? We would also like a higher floor. I’m excited for our first Bay Lake stay and thank you for your help.

I’ve tried to read through this thread, but I‘m confused as to the room layouts and what area to request. Due to Beach Club still being closed during our late May trip, we were offered an upgrade to a dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View villa at Bay Lake Tower! I’ve never stayed DVC before and have been frantically trying to learn more about Bay Lake Tower. This is a cash reservation so what is the current mousekeeping status during Covid? Every other day or just fresh towels & trash removal on request? Also, any recommendations for your favorite room location options for a dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View? I’ve read about the north or south tower, even or odd numbered rooms, but it’s confusing. Is there a posted layout of the resort with room categories a available on each floor? What should I ask for to have a nice view of the lake, not tennis courts or marina, so we will be able to see the electrical water pageant? We would also like a higher floor. I’m excited for our first Bay Lake stay and thank you for your help.

Since you're on cash thru Disney reservations you'll have daily housekeeping if that's what they are doing at the hotels right now. Anyway it should be the same as whatever you would have gotten at BC.

The first post shows the layout of rooms in the resort. To see the EWP from a lakeview room you'll want south facing even numbered room although that will include a view of the marina.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter