Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans closed in December

audrey2580

DIS Veteran
Just tried to make our 60 day out reservations for 12/4 or 12/5 and was told both would be closed the beginning of December. Very bummed.

Just tried to make our 60 day out reservations for 12/4 or 12/5 and was told both would be closed the beginning of December. Very bummed.

Sorry to hear that. I do have to say that Blue Bayou at least does look like it could use a little TLC. Nothing major but just your general wear and tear.

I hope that Blue Bayou being closed does not mean that Pirates will be down, too.

Closing Cafe Orleans during Christmas time seems like a REALLY BAD IDEA. I don't see why they can't close them both during January. Did they give you the dates?

No but according to another thread the 1st 2 weeks of December Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans and Big Thunder BBQ will all be down.

Today we were able to get Cafe Orleans, same as our friends. They were able too book a table all in the first weekend in December. Yesterday however everything was showing N/A, seems they changed their minds on closing the restaurant at the same time?

Go and get 'em now if you want Cafe Orleans reservations in the beginning of Dec.

I too could not make reservations as planned. I called the disney dining line and they said blue bayou and cafe Orleans will be closed December 1-7. They said thunder ranch bbq was also scheduled to be closed but it does appear reservations for that have opened up online since then. Blue bayou and cafe Orleans remain unavailable for reservations.

I was able to make a CO ressie for Monday December 8th for 11:30am. Yesterday when I tried I couldn't get anything. So weird!

I just checked for Dec 7th, and BB has reservations available all day :confused3. When I looked yesterday, there was nothing and a notice that it would not be open. Maybe they changed their minds about the refurb times?

I just checked for Dec 7th, and BB has reservations available all day :confused3. When I looked yesterday, there was nothing and a notice that it would not be open. Maybe they changed their minds about the refurb times?

Thanks for posting this! As soon as I saw it I tried for BB and got it!!!

BB was not avail this morning, but I was able to book it now! :)

was able to get dinner reservations for dec 6th so excited - was bummed when I couldnt book a couple of days ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter