• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou early January - what's up?

Well, this isn't encouraging. If it's closed for a bit, I just wish they had said that before. First, I could have stopped babysitting this crap site to see what's up. And second, I could have booked on arrival day of 1/6 but had it planned for one of the other days.

View attachment 810685
It would be nice if Disney put restaurants on the "Closed for refurbishment" list, but I don't think they do?

If I'm right that BB is closing during that slow period for some work, you can hope that they'll finish early and reopen before the 13th.

Isn't Haunted Mansion supposed to start renovations around that time too? And the Railroad? And Splash Mountain? I wouldn't be surprised if Pirates is closed during that week as well if it's something structural that they need to work on. Just throwing out thoughts but I can see that whole area being under construction bit by bit all thru Easter.

My mother in law wanted to schedule a VIP tour for Saturday, January 13th and asked if they could make us a Blue Bayou restaurant. We received word from the VIP rep that Blue Bayou is closed that weekend.

My mother in law wanted to schedule a VIP tour for Saturday, January 13th and asked if they could make us a Blue Bayou restaurant. We received word from the VIP rep that Blue Bayou is closed that weekend.
Aha! Yeah, that's sure what it was looking like to me, especially given the date it disappeared from the restaurant booking list. A nice quiet time of the year to take venues offline temporarily.

A nice quiet time of the year to take venues offline temporarily.

Yeah, except for the 10,000+ runners that are going to be there for the races that week/weekend. I'm one of them and I have to say that I'm getting extremely bitter at everything that is not going to be available while we are there. It's my first trip in over 20 years and my best friend's first DL trip ever and it feels like we are going to be missing some of the headliner attractions.

I'm still steeling myself for the announcement that IASW is going to be down.

Last edited:
This is unlikely. Usually they take down Haunted Mansion to remove the overlay first (which takes about 2 weeks). Then do IASW. So likely IASW will still be open but will be the holiday version, but HM will be closed.

This is unlikely. Usually they take down Haunted Mansion to remove the overlay first (which takes about 2 weeks). Then do IASW. So likely it will still be open but will be the holiday version.

But with the extended HM construction that's going to be happening, I'm concerned that they might be flip-flopped. (At least that's the theory that I've seen mentioned by DL regulars)

IASW has a very special place in my heart and I'm really hoping to get to see the DL version (holiday overlay or not) while we are there. I'm hoping for the best, but being prepared for the worst.

But with the extended HM construction that's going to be happening, I'm concerned that they might be flip-flopped. (At least that's the theory that I've seen mentioned by DL regulars)

IASW has a very special place in my heart and I'm really hoping to get to see the DL version (holiday overlay or not) while we are there. I'm hoping for the best, but being prepared for the worst.
Ah- fair enough. I forgot about the HM construction. Fingers crossed for you that IASW will be open!

Yeah, except for the 10,000+ runners that are going to be there for the races that week/weekend. I'm one of them and I have to say that I'm getting extremely bitter at everything that is not going to be available while we are there. It's my first trip in over 20 years and my best friend's first DL trip ever and it feels like we are going to be missing some of the headliner attractions.

I agree. I am pretty salty that they wouldn't just wait one more weekend until after the race weekend/holiday weekend for all of these closures. No World of Color, Blue Bayou is closed, potentially Haunted Mansion and IASW, Tiana's Bayou Adventure...it really feels like they could have waited to do all of this (except for Tiana's)

I agree. I am pretty salty that they wouldn't just wait one more weekend until after the race weekend/holiday weekend for all of these closures. No World of Color, Blue Bayou is closed, potentially Haunted Mansion and IASW, Tiana's Bayou Adventure...it really feels like they could have waited to do all of this (except for Tiana's)
Don’t forget about no Fantasmic 😂😭
We are going later in January and will be there on my birthday and I want to have my birthday lunch there so if it’s closed then too I will seriously cry (we can’t reschedule the trip or I would!)

I think I'm going to need to use a reservation finder to see if we can get into Blue Bayou on the 6th, the day we arrive. Touring Plans' free version seems to be done. Can anyone PM me a site they recommend?

I think I'm going to need to use a reservation finder to see if we can get into Blue Bayou on the 6th, the day we arrive. Touring Plans' free version seems to be done. Can anyone PM me a site they recommend?
I used ***********.com for the first time last week and I got a reservation for Lamplight Lounge within 2 days. I did not think it would work since this was for thanksgiving week so I was pleasantly surprised. I used the free service which only uses email so I made sure to set up audible notifications so I could jump on it as soon as it came through. (I’ve seen people suggest using email-to-text but that does not seem to work for AT&T.)

ETA: looks like I’m not allowed to post the site name but if you google disney dining alerts I imagine it would be a top hit.

This past Wednesday 11/116, we did a walk-up at Blue Bayou at 11:45 am for lunch (party of 2) & were seated immediately. Give it a try if you can't get a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter