• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou Lunch Menu?

I'm going next week and I planned to get the Monte Cristo so if anyone has intel in the next week or so, please let a friend know...otherwise I honestly might cancel due to COVID concerns in this recent spike.
If you don’t cancel and end up going, can you please report back what was on the menu. A picture would be great.

I'm going next week and I planned to get the Monte Cristo so if anyone has intel in the next week or so, please let a friend know...otherwise I honestly might cancel due to COVID concerns in this recent spike.
Can’t remember if the menu is posted outside the restaurant. If anyone is at DL over the next few weeks & could take a picture it would be greatly appreciated it.

Someone else posted about this on Facebook, and it sounds like the menu "updated" 9/1 though it sounds like nothing has changed? They do have a salad, a plant based entrée item, and the Monte Cristo is available between 11am-3pm per what she was told by the CM at the host station. The poster also said the menu was not outside, hopefully they will have this up soon as it would be good for people to know beforehand.

Someone else posted about this on Facebook, and it sounds like the menu "updated" 9/1 though it sounds like nothing has changed? They do have a salad, a plant based entrée item, and the Monte Cristo is available between 11am-3pm per what she was told by the CM at the host station. The poster also said the menu was not outside, hopefully they will have this up soon as it would be good for people to know beforehand.
Thank you! I’m not on Facebook & glad I’m not the only one wondering. :)
My husband & I will still go for lunch even if the sandwich isn’t there. Hopefully they won’t be rude like at Be Our Guest (see my earlier reply) if we only get gumbo & desserts. Ha!

A little off topic, I can’t believe they charge $30 for the Monte cristo and they give you potato chips. I think people would much prefer fries with Cajun season or something else.

A little off topic, I can’t believe they charge $30 for the Monte cristo and they give you potato chips. I think people would much prefer fries with Cajun season or something else.
Yes I thought the same. When I has the MC at BB...the potato chips were freshly made and came with a delicious dipping sauce.

The menu someone posted above was exactly what our dinner menu had last night— minus the monte cristo. We had an amazing day with a VIP tour that I did not have to pay for myself, and our plaid said the monte cristo is long gone. He magically secured a table for 6 at 7 pm, we were seated at 7:30 pm. At our table, two people ordered the gumbo app, one loved it, one deemed it too salty for his liking. I had the strawberry salad and it was delish, and two people shared the fritters and loved them. For dinners the picky one that hated the gumbo declared the scallops inedible, but was very happy to eat the shrimp that came plated on my and DDs chicken dishes… we had no idea there would be shrimp. The chicken dish is nothing like it used to be, it is more of a crusted chicken breast now—two smallish pieces—or maybe they are large tenders? on a bed of spicy marinara with creole rice. The chicken was done well, but really seemed pretty dang basic for the cost. Two people at our table split the filet and apparently it was fine but not amazing, the last person also had the chicken and was happy about the shrimp. We did not have time to stay for dessert, seated at 7:30 and were running out the door at 9 to get to our reserved fireworks seating (again thanks to our patron for the day.)

This is the thing, DD and I used to do the F! Package yearly and do blue bayou for lunch. It was a set menu with a few choices and you got an app, entree and dessert, and the last time we did that was $89 per person, well, DD and I paid $60 pp without the tip last night for our lemonades with glow cubes, an app each and mid-tier chicken. I was a little disappointed, but we were with people that had never eaten there and it was all about the ambience for them.

The menu someone posted above was exactly what our dinner menu had last night— minus the monte cristo. We had an amazing day with a VIP tour that I did not have to pay for myself, and our plaid said the monte cristo is long gone. He magically secured a table for 6 at 7 pm, we were seated at 7:30 pm. At our table, two people ordered the gumbo app, one loved it, one deemed it too salty for his liking. I had the strawberry salad and it was delish, and two people shared the fritters and loved them. For dinners the picky one that hated the gumbo declared the scallops inedible, but was very happy to eat the shrimp that came plated on my and DDs chicken dishes… we had no idea there would be shrimp. The chicken dish is nothing like it used to be, it is more of a crusted chicken breast now—two smallish pieces—or maybe they are large tenders? on a bed of spicy marinara with creole rice. The chicken was done well, but really seemed pretty dang basic for the cost. Two people at our table split the filet and apparently it was fine but not amazing, the last person also had the chicken and was happy about the shrimp. We did not have time to stay for dessert, seated at 7:30 and were running out the door at 9 to get to our reserved fireworks seating (again thanks to our patron for the day.)

This is the thing, DD and I used to do the F! Package yearly and do blue bayou for lunch. It was a set menu with a few choices and you got an app, entree and dessert, and the last time we did that was $89 per person, well, DD and I paid $60 pp without the tip last night for our lemonades with glow cubes, an app each and mid-tier chicken. I was a little disappointed, but we were with people that had never eaten there and it was all about the ambience for them.
Wasn’t the Monte Cristo only gone because it was the dinner menu? It’s only served on the lunch menu and people have said the last few days that the online menu is wrong

The Monte Cristo was served at lunch every time we have been there, including in late July of this year.

I really wish they’d serve the MC at night too. There’s a steak on the dinner menu that my husband likes, and I like the MC. It’s rich for sure, but I can usually pass a few bites off to my family

Thanks everyone for your replies. I read a Halloween dessert is going to be added on the 12th. Maybe the online menu will be updated.

I have a 3:50 lunch reservation. I hope they have the Monte Cristo. I'm tempted to switch the Cafe Orleans to be sure to get the MC, but...Blue Bayou. I haven't been there in years and my kids really want to try it.

I have a 3:50 lunch reservation. I hope they have the Monte Cristo. I'm tempted to switch the Cafe Orleans to be sure to get the MC, but...Blue Bayou. I haven't been there in years and my kids really want to try it.
Yes you should get lunch menu. Get there and check in at 3:30PM to be sure. Enjoy your Monte Cristo!

Enjoy your lunch with your family. If you have time, please let us know about the menu. I’ll be there in a few weeks & want to prepare my husband incase the MC is not there. Ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter