Blue Bayou Menu Question

CO2CA

Perpetually Planning
I was so excited to hear about Blue Bayou reopening and went to look at the menu. We were pleasantly surprised that everything looked the same, but after refreshing the page it looks like they just updated the menu. So bummed!

One of us has a fish allergy and the Monte Cristo sandwich is out because of the grease. I make the cauliflower steak at home so don't want to have that on vacation lol The only entrée menu option left is the chicken, which we're not overly excited about.

We really wanted to go as it has become a tradition for us when we're at Disneyland. Is it acceptable to just order a starter, dessert, and drink? We like the house salad and the dessert is okay, but really don't want to pay for an entrée that will go to waste. Of course we'll still tip well as if we had ordered entrées.

Or, do you think they'll have additional options not listed on the menu (such as the prime rib or vegetable pasta)?

Interesting, I looked at the menu just this morning and I see now that it has indeed changed. Given how limited other restaurants have appeared to be, I wouldn't assume they'd have other off menu things, except perhaps the allergy menu versions of things? I'm hoping the cauliflower steak can be done without dairy/cheese.

I'm with you on wondering if you can just do drinks/dessert. The cost is hefty and the food not that tempting. But I'd sure love to go!

If what you want to order is on the regular menu that they are currently serving, I don't see why they would have a problem with it. I've orderded starters as a main course at non-Disney places and it was never an issue.

I have a little different view. Why go somewhere to eat where you don't like the food? People rave about Napa Rose, but I don't go there because the food just isn't my type there. When I am looking for some place to eat, I look for some place that I will enjoy the food.

I have a little different view. Why go somewhere to eat where you don't like the food? People rave about Napa Rose, but I don't go there because the food just isn't my type there. When I am looking for some place to eat, I look for some place that I will enjoy the food.

It's a tradition that we always go there when we visit and we really enjoy the ambiance. We previously enjoyed the food, but because they've seemingly changed the majority of entrées I was wondering if there was another option where we could still enjoy the restaurant and keep with our traditions but not waste food.

I checked into Napa Rose because I thought it would be a fun treat, but I also agree that type of food isn't our type. Luckily, that one isn't a tradition for us lol

It's a tradition that we always go there when we visit and we really enjoy the ambiance. We previously enjoyed the food, but because they've seemingly changed the majority of entrées I was wondering if there was another option where we could still enjoy the restaurant and keep with our traditions but not waste food.

I checked into Napa Rose because I thought it would be a fun treat, but I also agree that type of food isn't our type. Luckily, that one isn't a tradition for us lol

It's a tradition for us too and I'm a vegetarian so not much on the menu has ever been an option for me. I go mainly for the atmosphere and the nostalgia of visits from my childhood. ♥️

As long as they have the bread my kids happy- he's like obsessed with their bread haha.

It's a tradition for us too and I'm a vegetarian so not much on the menu has ever been an option for me. I go mainly for the atmosphere and the nostalgia of visits from my childhood. ♥

As long as they have the bread my kids happy- he's like obsessed with their bread haha.

The dark, quiet atmosphere is such a nice break from the hustle and bustle. We didn't start going until a few years back, but our trip would feel different without hitting it up now!

THE BREAD!! 😍 Forget the grey stuff, it's the Blue Bayou bread that's delicious! lol

The dark, quiet atmosphere is such a nice break from the hustle and bustle. We didn't start going until a few years back, but our trip would feel different without hitting it up now!

THE BREAD!! 😍 Forget the grey stuff, it's the Blue Bayou bread that's delicious! lol

We would always do the Fantasmic dining package... that will be one thing I miss so much when we return.

But at least we have that bread!!

We would always do the Fantasmic dining package... that will be one thing I miss so much when we return.

But at least we have that bread!!

Same here! It was so nice and I felt like it was such a great deal - starter, entrée, dessert, drink + reserved seating. It was always so much food that we ended up boxing up half of it and saving it for a late night snack when we got back to the hotel. Hopefully they'll bring it back!

I had the same underwhelmed reaction to the menu. I was thinking maybe I could order two $7 bowls of gumbo instead of an entree? But ultimately, we've decided to go to dinner at Storyteller's instead. I do love that BB ambience, but if I'm paying those prices, I need to love the food options.

Even though I can't travel internationally and it will probably be 2022 when I get back to Disneyland I took a look at the new menu. Like PP Blue Bayou is also my go to restaurant. The menu looks great to me. I'm excited by the new alcohol policy, and would order a glass of sparling wine.

Now the only question is do they serve the off menu Disneyland specialty Glowtini cocktail???

This would be my order

Grilled Heirloom Jumbo Asparagus
Tasso Ham and Green Apple Vinaigrette, Cajun Cheddar, Corn Bread Crumbles

Citrus Chicken
Spanish-style Marinade, Jasmine Rice, Heirloom Carrots and Wilted Greens, and Roasted Shallot Demi
Or
Monte Cristo Sandwich
Turkey, Ham, and Swiss, served with Crème Anglaise, Seasonal Preserve and Seasonal Fruit

Vanilla-Bourbon Crème Brûlée
with Macerated fresh Berries, Vanilla Bean Chantilly and Madeleines

Weird. The menu updated for me again. I guess the app was still showing me an older one? That one had no gumbo on it but calamari instead as an appetizer.

Peace has been restored in the kingdom once again.

It is my understanding, they won't have a technical bar, and drinks will be "pours" (ie beers and wine). There will be a Hurricane, but will be pre-made.

thanks, thats interesting, so like the drinks at Ogas then.

One goes to BB for the privilege of being disappointed. Covid hasn't changed that. :jester: In all seriousness, though, looking at the menus in general has been disappointing. The food is an important element to my family's disney experience. That's ok, we're still happy to go!

I was looking on the Disneyland site and do not see the BB reservations. How do you make reservations? We will be there 5/31-6/3.
Never mind, I just read you can't make reservations until 5/18.

I was looking on the Disneyland site and do not see the BB reservations. How do you make reservations? We will be there 5/31-6/3.
Never mind, I just read you can't make reservations until 5/18.

does it say what time the reservations open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter