• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou res. for 8?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Before I get into it, please don't mind me while I pout because I forgot to make Blue Bayou reservations this morning for my party of 8 for dinner on August 2nd. First, they won't let me make reservations for a party that big. Second, I had to shrink my party by 3 to see if any times were available. 3:20 (we don't want lunch) and 8:30. That's too late. I put in 5 because I assume they could easily add three chairs. So my question is, can I make Blue Bayou dinner reservations online for a party of 8 if I'm sure to do it right when reservations open up in the morning? Or do I have to "lie" about the amount of people with me?

If you can book three, you should be able to book 4....no, they will not just "add more chairs". Trick is as mentioned to book two separate reservations of 4 at same time on different accounts then day of stop by earlier and ask them to combine the reservations for seating.

I have had weird quirks where searching seating for a large party then shrinking it to say 4 left no availability but if I cleared my cookies and history I could pull up reservations for 4 no problem.

They've caught on to the trick and won't allow two reservations for the same time at the same restaurant on the same account. We've made reservations for either 7 or 8 before at BB (not sure if I counted the baby when I made it), so it is definitely possible. You might, for example, have to make one at 1:20 for a party of 4 and one for 1:50 for a party of 4 and then just bring it up at the host station prior to the 1:20 reservation so they can make arrangements.

Woo hoo! I logged on right at 6 am this morning and was able to get a reservation for 8 at 4:30 pm. The only other choice was 9:30, and well, that's just not happening.

I have a reservation at Blue Bayou Friday, June 23th, at 9:50 p.m. Anyone interested before I cancel?

Woo hoo! I logged on right at 6 am this morning and was able to get a reservation for 8 at 4:30 pm. The only other choice was 9:30, and well, that's just not happening.
This gives me hope. I need to book a party of 9, possibly 10 depending on what day we do dinner, and I was not even sort of hopeful we'd get one. I was planning on doing the whole book two parties thing which I may still need to do.

Side note. Anyone know what chance we have with waterside with that large of a group. Waiting is not an issue at all but I don't think I've ever seen a large group waterside.

This gives me hope. I need to book a party of 9, possibly 10 depending on what day we do dinner, and I was not even sort of hopeful we'd get one. I was planning on doing the whole book two parties thing which I may still need to do.

Side note. Anyone know what chance we have with waterside with that large of a group. Waiting is not an issue at all but I don't think I've ever seen a large group waterside.
I have never seen a party that large waterside. We had a party of 6 last month, had an 11am reservation and checked in about 10:45am on the app and at the front door. We were given a waterside table for 6, which was wonderful!

Same, my family of 6 has been able to sit waterside a couple times but I’ve never seen larger tables there.
My kids want to eat there on our next visit, so I’ve been obsessively stalking the 23rd…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter