Blue Bayou vs Cafe Orleans

Imamom2

Mouseketeer
Trying to choose lunch on our last day. I have adr at 12:30 for BB and 3:00 for CO. I like both menus but the Haunted Mansion prefix looks good. Has anyone had it yet?

Trying to choose lunch on our last day. I have adr at 12:30 for BB and 3:00 for CO. I like both menus but the Haunted Mansion prefix looks good. Has anyone had it yet?
That's a tricky one. The Haunted Mansion menu looks great, but Blue Bayou is such a unique restaurant. I'd probably go with Blue Bayou for the ambience.

We had the prix fixe last Friday. The gumbo was delicious as usual. The seafood boil was spicier than we expected, but the flavor was good. The best part of the meal was the dessert. The vanilla mousse candle dessert was an impressive presentation (the server lights the candle). The dessert itself was delicious and a large portion. I hope they have the prix fixe on the menu through Halloween.

We had the prix fixe last Friday. The gumbo was delicious as usual. The seafood boil was spicier than we expected, but the flavor was good. The best part of the meal was the dessert. The vanilla mousse candle dessert was an impressive presentation (the server lights the candle). The dessert itself was delicious and a large portion. I hope they have the prix fixe on the menu through Halloween.
I really want to try that candle! I can't eat regular chocolate and it's so rare to find a super yummy treat I can eat. It looks so realistic, too.

I'm just talking theory here. There's never anything left on the plate to take home 🤣🤣
Same! But then again, I usually share with someone if they're willing--I usually can't eat a whole meal. Works well with the people I go with. And ok, full disclosure, it's also because the most important part of the meal for me is dessert so I'll go for smaller dinner in order to have a dessert, which I don't share :teeth:

Silly idea, but, can you do both? And bring a Tupperware and bring food home? The next day when you're home, you have Disneyland leftovers. I know it's an expensive prospect.
Based on the review we just might have to do both! We do have Lamplight and Carnation Cafe - we are in the parks for 3 days and I was planning on 1 sit down per day... I guess I will wait and see once we are there. I hate to hold onto an ADR that someone may be looking for. Thanks everyone :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter