Blue Jeans

OhMari

WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
I live in Wisconsin and I am able to wear blue jeans to work. Nothing distressed, or holes, but I usually wear jeans every day. I have at least 10 pair. And my favorite brand is Silvers, and they are straight leg, no flare or Bootcut. I will tuck them into my boots in winter, or I wear sturdier shoe boots.

Anyways, today at class, 2 young girls in their 20's were talking how they never wear jeans, both said they haven't worn jeans since Middle School. Our instructor said her kids in school never wear jeans. She said her kids hate them, they can't be comfortable or run around and play decent. Then the 2 girls said, jeans are not form fitting enough, the jeans fall off the butts and plus jeans make them look fat.

I know jeggying pants and leggings are huge with little kids, but are jeans really out-dated and out of style?

I do have a few black leggings, I wear with a couple of my shift dresses. I will not wear them, if my dress or longer sweater doesn't cover my butt. No one past the age of 25 should wear them if their butt is not covered.

I know what mom jeans are and I do not wear those, but I am starting to think I am stuck looking out of style.

I live in Wisconsin and I am able to wear blue jeans to work. Nothing distressed, or holes, but I usually wear jeans every day. I have at least 10 pair. And my favorite brand is Silvers, and they are straight leg, no flare or Bootcut. I will tuck them into my boots in winter, or I wear sturdier shoe boots.

Anyways, today at class, 2 young girls in their 20's were talking how they never wear jeans, both said they haven't worn jeans since Middle School. Our instructor said her kids in school never wear jeans. She said her kids hate them, they can't be comfortable or run around and play decent. Then the 2 girls said, jeans are not form fitting enough, the jeans fall off the butts and plus jeans make them look fat.

I know jeggying pants and leggings are huge with little kids, but are jeans really out-dated and out of style?

I do have a few black leggings, I wear with a couple of my shift dresses. I will not wear them, if my dress or longer sweater doesn't cover my butt. No one past the age of 25 should wear them if their butt is not covered.

I know what mom jeans are and I do not wear those, but I am starting to think I am stuck looking out of style.
I can't help you - I never liked jeans, even in my youth. Never wore them, and couldn't understand how some people think they're "comfy".

I'm not sure they're "out of style", but I guess they could be. They've been around for a long time.

I'm 31 and while I don't think I'm super fashionable or trendy, I wear my jeans most of the time. Leggings are comfortable and everything, but their really just tight sweatpants or practically tights depending on the quality. I wouldn't give up my jeans for anything.

Dd16 prefers the jeggings that look like jeans, in blue and colors. Ds's college campus, I see yoga pants and joggers-comfort seems key.

I wear jeans as do many people I see around every day.

I am a HUGE fan of the Old Navy Rockstar 25/7 skinny jeans right now. So soft and comfy. I have a pair in every color!

I liked the old blue jeans from the 70's. But now I can't stand them. I need comfy things to move .

I'm a jeans wearer who doesn't wear leggings. To me, jeans are classic clothing. I do wear slim or straight legs, because I'm too short for wider legs to look good on me. I realize leggings are trendy now in many areas, but I quit worrying about dressing trendy by the time I was 30. I lived through leggings being trendy once & look back at the pictures wondering what I was thinking. I got a pair of leggings with a long top for Christmas. Naturally, I thanked the gift giver & pretended to love the outfit, but it will eventually be donated unworn, if I don't decide to wear it around the house on lazy days, which hasn't happened yet. I usually wear VS yoga pants on those days. I definitely won't wear the outfit out in public. I'm very much a boring, classic dresser that chooses clothing that never goes out of style. IMO, most trends should remain in the past. Leggings are one of them.

Last edited:
I have yet to wear leggings and at this point in my life I have no desire to wear leggings. Give me a few years--perhaps after a child or two and I may join the leggings movement but as of right now I wear jeans all the time.

But leggings and athletic pants are now what is very common. Problem is I don't tend to see many women wearing them appropriately.

I’m 20 and hardly ever wear jeans anymore. I don’t think they’re out of style by any means, I just think many girls my age think of an outfit with jeans as “going out clothes” (at least in my area) :-)
I wore jeans every day in high school because we couldn’t wear leggings but once I got to college I started wearing athletic shorts or leggings to class and there was no going back. But of course my bottom is covered by my oversized t shirts :P

Silver Straight Leg are my favorite style too. Definitely not Mom jeans. (have been approved by DD and her friends, lol) I swore off leggings because they’re way too easy to grow into. Once I lost the weight I refuse to buy them. And Silver jeans ARE comfy.

Anyway jeans are standard issue around here. DD (21) and all her friends wear them and always have. Younger DD is not allowed to wear leggings to school at all otherwise her wardrobe would probably be half and half. Not really because she prefers them but because she looks cute in them with a long top. She has a couple pairs of jeggings but prefers her jeans over them.

My oldest (21) almost never wears jeans.
DS 19 wears them most days.

I wear jeans a lit but DH literally doesn't even own any . Hasn't for years . Finds them uncomfortable.

I wear jeans but no one in their right mind wants/needs to see me in leggings! One dd(19) pretty much only wears jeans..high waisted, skinny jeans. She'll wear leggings around the house but not out in public unless with a dress. My other dd(22) pretty much only wears dress. She just LOVES dresses. the girlier the better. She'll wear leggings around the house and going walking. Occasionally she'll wear them to walmart or some such. My oldest(25), not sure but pretty much jeans and leggings. I think she is still wearing the jeans she wore in highschool so they must be comfortable :)

For awhile I didn't wear jeans, before leggings so it was pretty much sweat pants around the house. I only wore jeans if I had too. For the life of me I can't remember what I actually wore out and about. That was back when my girls were little so I probably didn't really care. Now, all I wear are jeans. They still aren't as comfortable but for my casual life style they work.

I rarely wear jeans and only have one pair left. I suspect when it dies I'll be finished with dungarees for life.
Mostly I wear leggings and yoga pants but for travel I tend to wear a merino wool pair of pants with a matching turtleneck and cardigan. Looks business like and still is comfy. For work I basically had 2 different costumes: skirts for off site meetings or pjs; it was fun working from home, LOL.

DGD wears jeggings and leggings and the occasional pair of jeans for weekends but she wears a uniform during the school week so life gets easier in that manner.

My 25 and 16 year old sons do not wear jeans. They also think they are uncomfortable. My 23 year old thinks he is a redneck and wears Wranglers (he is a construction foreman). My 15 year old daughter is a freshman and a varsity cheerleader and she does wear jeans, mostly the super skinny jeggings style. Most of her jeans are thinner/stretchy material.

I am 43 and I can also wear jeans to work. I wear jeans mostly from White House Black Market or a couple pairs I got from Macy that are INC, Seven for All Mankind, or True Religion brand. The two pairs of jeans I got from the mall at lower end stores faded quickly and like you, our jeans need to still look nice, no holes, no trendy/crazy styles. My go-to weekend pair for just running errands are my levis with holes in the knees. I have a couple pair of capri jeans that are pastel colors too. The jeans I wear are tapered down to the ankle. I do not light straight or boot leg.

Jeans are not out of style, but there are so many options now. Most jeans the young kids wear are not the traditional thick denim.

I have never heard of the brand Silver, so I will have to look them up. Miss Me use to be popular like 5 years ago. I sold all my Miss Me jeans a couple years ago on our Facebook yard sale page. I wouldn't wear Miss Me to work as it has too much bling. Some of the younger girls at work wear the bling jeans, but I don't like that look for work. I only like it now for maybe a country concert.

Last edited:
No jeans aren't out of style. Certain cuts are, I guess.

I think tucked into boots, it's really the jeggings style of denim that is "fashionable." I have some straight fit denim and I've tried wearing them with my boots and I think they look like there's too much material. It used to not bother me but now it does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter