Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter in Nassau

MinnieMouse64

Mouseketeer
My family is thinking about doing the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter in Nassau. My questions are for anyone who has done this. Do they pick you up at the port area or where do you have to go? If you have to go somewhere can you walk or do you have to take a taxi? The other question I have is from my understanding is it is a 30 minute interaction with the dolphins and then you can use their private beach. How long are you over at the Blue Lagoon area? I want to be able to do a little shopping. My last question, do you feel like it is worth the money?

We did this in May and it was amazing. The look on my Granddaughter face when the Dolphins pushed her through the water was priceless. It was worth the money to us.

There is a boat that picks you up right at the port and drops you off right at BlueLagoon. Very little walking involved. Once you get to Blue Lagoon, the Dolphin interaction is to the left. As for shopping, unless I missed something there really isn't much shopping. There is one maybe two small gift shops. We didn't use the beach, my GD wanted to get back on the ship.

I am very curious about this one, too. I have heard it's better (and less expensive) than the dolphin encounter at Atlantis.

They do have youTube videos of the Blue Lagoon encounter to give you an idea of what it is like but I would also like to know what others thought of it.

I did not do their dolphin encounter but we did do their sea lion encounter (excellent and would highly recommend it - loads of interaction with the sea lion).

I booked this as a DCL excursion. We walked a short distance from the ship to the Blue Lagoon boat and traveled about 20 minutes over to the island. Once there they will inform you that boats will leave on a regular basis (giving you times) and that you can take any of the boats back. They also tell you when the last boat back to the ship is.

So it's really up to you how long you stay on the island. When I went it was myself, my DS and DIL, and my younger DS and GF. After the encounter, we shopped a bit at the souvenir shop waiting for our pictures and then my DS, DIL and I took the next boat back to port. My younger DS and GF elected to stay on the island and spend some time on the beach. They said they had a good time and enjoyed their time there. They then took a later boat back to the ship. They were still back in enough time to head back out a bit for a walk around the town and a bit of shopping.

We did this last June with our girls. You book through DCL so they have you meet on the ship and head out all together. You can choose your ferry from the Island to go back to the pier. Once there it is an easy walk back. DCL wouldn't let me sign my 2 year old DD up for it, but Blue Lagoon allows children that age. We added her once we got there. It was definitely worth the money. Nice facilities, nice staff, nice island.

We did it last November. From what I remember, my DD3 and I did the "Dolphin Encounter" which is cheaper just touching and dancing with the dolphins on a platform. My DH and DS7 did the "Dolphin Swim" only because my 3yo wasn't old enough to do the swim. The swim is more expensive but we have really cool pictures and a video of the swim.

And the boat picks you up right at the dock. We did not do the beach but the facilities are VERY nice.

Highly recommended.

How far is the walk from the boat to the adventure areas? We will be traveling with some older members of the family who are afraid the walk will be too far. The inof on the excursion site says 15 min walk that could be about a mile .:cool1:

Once off of the boat, I would say 5 minutes maybe slightly more. They pick you up along the same docks where all of the cruise boats are.

My husband, 10 year old son, and 8 year old daughter and I did the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim in January 2012. We LOVED it! You walk off the Dream in a group and go to a ferry (about a 30 minute ride) to Blue Lagoon Island. If you schedule your swim time for one of the earlier ones, you can take the ferry back to Nassau to shop. We spent most of the day at the Blue Lagoon beach after our swim because it was quiet and relaxing. I would highly recommend it. My DD had a stomach bug, so she didn't actually get in the water, but the trainers let her participate from the dock and even give instructions to the dolphins.
We did the dolphin swim in Grand Cayman this past March, but did not like it nearly as much as the on Blue Lagoon! Good luck and have a great cruise!

Another Sea Lion fan over here! But the dolphins looked great too. We loved the entire island, it is paradise (despite Nassau getting a bad rap, there are great offerings.)

They pick you up right off the dock, and ferries leave the island at 1, 2, and 4. They drop you off right in front of the shopping or you can just following that board walk back to the brightly colored cruise terminal building and get on the ship.

Blue Lagoon is unusual. It's like Sea World meets Island Paradise. Atlantis just seems SO BIG to me. BL was perfection. Mom asked if our next cruise we are thinking of planning was going there, that's how much she liked it.

I would love to do both the dolphins and sea lions but I guess I will do the dolphins this trip. This will give me a reason to take cruise to Nassau later :cool1: I hope to be able to go over early so we can do the encounter and stay a little bit at the beach and come back to Nassau so I can do a little shopping there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter