Blue Lives Matter - The 101st Law enforcement Officer was Killed Yesterday

REALLY???? You don't see anyone in the black community working to end the crime? I call ******** on that.

The protest are against the BAD COPS. Criminals should be at Rikers. Homeless people with mental health issues should not be there. "America's Mayor" started those them there in an effort to say he had decreased the homeless population.

I'm not interested in defending or protecting criminals. You sure seem hell bent on lumping that bad cops in with the good ones. Why is that?
If those homeless people committed a crime, they should be there.

Sorry, but Huffingtonpost not considered reliable in my book. Common sense would lead most to believe that if criminals knew there was a possibility of them being stopped and frisked, they would be less likely to be carrying.

Sorry, but Huffingtonpost not considered reliable in my book. Common sense would lead most to believe that if criminals knew there was a possibility of them being stopped and frisked, they would be less likely to be carrying.
and the washington post? huffington is about as reliable as fox if not more.

As someone that at 19 was beat up, had my jaw broken, slashed by a knife, and left for dead on street it effected me. You know why that happened to me. I was a white kid in a black neighborhood. I know first hand about racism from both sides. I was also mistreated by Police in my past because I was a punk. You know what I grew up and realized the difference between good and bad. Today's issues are that most people are down and out are looking for someone else to help them. They want their free stuff or jobs that pay well without any training or education. The Moynihan report in 1965 detailed this and 50 years later nothing has changed. Yet now we have a political structure that will attack the police rather than the criminals, why it gets votes. The mayor of Chicago basically came out and blamed the police for the rise in shootings. It's about time these communities stood up for themselves instead of looking to blame others.

The problem is some people getting shot by cops aren't punks like you were. They are simply going about their lives. The racist attitude you display in your posts and your self claimed punkhood makes me think you didn't get beat up for simply being white.

By that logic, isn't the black lives matter movement guilty of the same thing?

No. They are trying to prevent blacks being unnecessarily killed. Good job deflecting though...that's so helpful and will improve the situation. :rolleyes1

The problem is some people getting shot by cops aren't punks like you were. They are simply going about their lives. The racist attitude you display in your posts and your self claimed punkhood makes me think you didn't get beat up for simply being white.

That would be a VERY tiny percentage. In fact every recent "controversial" death at police hands that has been in the news has been a case of the victim first being at the very least a punk.

Every
Single
Case

Not one of these people were simply going about their day - and that's true even in the cases where the officer(s) faced charges.

You may feel justified in that notion, but the fact remains the #1 killer of young black men is other young black men.

Being more concerned about a cop killing your son than him being killed at the hands of a criminal is like going to the beach & being more concerned about sharks than you are about drowning.

In each case, you are worrying about a legitimate concern. No doubt about it. But also in each case, there are much, much greater dangers that should be the bigger concern.

I love how people understand black people better than black people themselves...do you devalue concerns of your own family?

That would be a VERY tiny percentage. In fact every recent "controversial" death at police hands that has been in the news has been a case of the victim first being at the very least a punk.

Every
Single
Case

Not one of these people were simply going about their day - and that's true even in the cases where the officer(s) faced charges.

Tiny percentage is way too much. So why not try and fix it? Who are "these people"? Jonathan Ferrell? The man in FL who was just shot? Walter Scott....he deserved to be shot that way?

I love how people understand black people better than black people themselves...do you devalue concerns of your own family?

Oh, come off that high horse of yours. If you actually believe the greatest threat to you child's life is a police officer, you can rest assured that no, I most certainly don't "understand" you.

I understand facts, reason, and logic. I do not discount any concerns, but I most certainly attempt to prioritize them in a sensible order.

Tiny percentage is way too much. So why not try and fix it? Who are "these people"? Jonathan Ferrell? The man in FL who was just shot? Walter Scott....he deserved to be shot that way?

Where did I say they "deserved" it? And Walter Scott is a perfect example. While the officer was charged - and rightfully so - Scott was NOT simply going about his day.

And yes, of course a tiny problem is still a problem worth fixing. But, be honest about the fact it is indeed a tiny problem.

No. They are trying to prevent blacks being unnecessarily killed. Good job deflecting though...that's so helpful and will improve the situation. :rolleyes1
I don't mean to be argumentative, but why is the Black Lives Matter movement any different?
I've heard people say that it's not exclusive, it's not Black Lives Matter anymore than anyone else's. I feel like the Blue Lives... All Lives...etc are all basically saying the same thing.
Anyone with half a brain is against corrupt law enforcement.

You know this is a circular arguementative here. No one is gonna change their opinions so why bother. When a debate becomes an arguement there is no point.

Head meet concrete:confused3

There you go a person disagrees with a position, and the race card gets played. Can't have a normal discussion with differing opinions. Got go for the Jugular and throw the race card into the mix.

There you go a person disagrees with a position, and the race card gets played. Can't have a normal discussion with differing opinions. Got go for the Jugular and throw the race card into the mix.

race_card.gif

why is it any more horrific when some one walks into a school and kills 20 students.
why is it any more horrific when a cop shots someone in the back?
why is it any more horrific then when a 4 year old gets shot in her car in a road rage accident.

cops are no more special than anyone else.

some one mentioned if you don't like cops don't call the police, I'll turn it back around. if you're looking for a job and don't want to chance getting shot or don't want to put your life in danger. don't become a cop.

While I think it's sad, I don't think its any " more" tragic than any senseless murder. Nor any more special just because he was a cop.

We are a violent country.

WHAT? They are not special ? Have you bumped your head at some point? They ARE special along with other first responders .. People become special when they decide ( choose) to run TO DANGER while you are running away cowering in fear ! When they hear gunshots they can not run and hide . Who do you call if someone is trying to hurt you?
It is correct that they WANTED to do that job , for little pay and high stress. When was the last time you comforted your husband when his fellow brother was ambushed and murdered ? Or when he pulled a small child that passed out of a awful car wreck? Or heaven forbid have a gun pulled in him ?
These men and women ARE special .There was a teacher here arrested for molesting a student ( happens all over ) are we protesting teachers and the job they do?
Dont bother with some silly response because I don't have the patience or care for any more of this junk .. It's junk .. Put on a vest and a gun and protect your community and strangers that hate you .. Live that life ..

WHAT? They are not special ? Have you bumped your head at some point? They ARE special along with other first responders .. People become special when they decide ( choose) to run TO DANGER while you are running away cowering in fear ! When they hear gunshots they can not run and hide . Who do you call if someone is trying to hurt you?
It is correct that they WANTED to do that job , for little pay and high stress. When was the last time you comforted your husband when his fellow brother was ambushed and murdered ? Or when he pulled a small child that passed out of a awful car wreck? Or heaven forbid have a gun pulled in him ?
These men and women ARE special .There was a teacher here arrested for molesting a student ( happens all over ) are we protesting teachers and the job they do?
Dont bother with some silly response because I don't have the patience or care for any more of this junk .. It's junk .. Put on a vest and a gun and protect your community and strangers that hate you .. Live that life ..

Cops are people. They have their good and bad points just like everyone else. It's tragic when an officer dies in the line of duty but they are no more special than anyone else. It's tragic when anyone dies before their time.
Your post is rather rude. There are probably better ways of disagreeing with someone than being so aggressive. That's a big part of some of the problems we have in this country. People are so unwillingly to hear someone with a differing opinion and they go on the attack without actually understanding what someone is saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter