• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Milk available at Publix!

This is different different t than Galaxy’s Edge blue milk. This is vanilla flavored dairy milk. My understanding is that blue milk at the parks is non dairy and fruity.

This is different different t than Galaxy’s Edge blue milk. This is vanilla flavored dairy milk. My understanding is that blue milk at the parks is non dairy and fruity.

Correct. The Blue and Green Milk sold in the parks are a non-dairy concoction. They use coconut and rice milk, with a kind of subtle "fruity" flavor - Blue is more like a fruit punch and Green is more citrus-flavored. There's a little more going on with them too. Honestly, I don't care for them at all, thoguh I suppose Greeen is more palatable. They just have a weird texture and are not milk-like at all. I bet the TruMoo stuff is better.

I have made "Blue Milk Shakes" at home using a blue ice cream from Kroger called "Mermaid." It is "cotton candy flavor" and has some colored sprinkles in it, but it is delicious. That's what I like to do for a Star Wars marathon or something.

Well now this looks more like a proper blue milk. I think Disney tried too hard to compensate for the simplicity of the drink by making a lactose free frozen berry concoction which only resulted in something that no longer even comes close to what you would imagine drinking "real" blue milk would be like. A definite failure on their part in an attempt to make the "butterbeer" of Galaxy's Edge.

I get this is a milk based drink, not milk. Might be confusing to some since the slang term for non-fat milk is "blue milk" and this does not appear to be non-far.

Correct. The Blue and Green Milk sold in the parks are a non-dairy concoction. They use coconut and rice milk, with a kind of subtle "fruity" flavor - Blue is more like a fruit punch and Green is more citrus-flavored. There's a little more going on with them too. Honestly, I don't care for them at all, thoguh I suppose Greeen is more palatable. They just have a weird texture and are not milk-like at all. I bet the TruMoo stuff is better.

I have made "Blue Milk Shakes" at home using a blue ice cream from Kroger called "Mermaid." It is "cotton candy flavor" and has some colored sprinkles in it, but it is delicious. That's what I like to do for a Star Wars marathon or something.

The Galaxy's Edge blue "milk" tastes better with rum (but many things do!)

This is awesome! We don't have Publix near us but will look to see what we can find...yesterday we got Marshmallow Sky blue ice cream by Ben and Jerry's in preparation for May the 4th (no artificial colors!):

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 2.54.29 PM.png

I'm guessing that the point of *this* Blue Milk is more about getting kids to agree to drink their milk, rather than any desire to actually replicate the flavor of the stuff available in the parks.

Kids tend to love blue foods, for some reason.

Ooh, I'll be looking for this, even though I know it'll be different from what we get on Batuu. Hope they have it around here. I do really enjoy the blue milk from Batuu. Not so much the green, but the blue milk is very refreshing!

I'm guessing that the point of *this* Blue Milk is more about getting kids to agree to drink their milk, rather than any desire to actually replicate the flavor of the stuff available in the parks.

Kids tend to love blue foods, for some reason.

Well, I'm in my forties and I love blue foods! 🤣

I tried this product locator, but it's not showing it available anywhere close to me (Orlando).

https://www.trumoo.com/products/star-wars---blue-milk
Does your local Publix have Trumoo products at all? If they do, ask the manager if they can order the blue milk for you. They may not order it unless it’s specifically requested in case it’s not popular. I am not interested in blue milk, but my local store does carry other Trumoo products. I have had my store special order products for me in the past. I would also check Walmart and Target, just in case.

I hope you can get it if you want it.

They had/have(?) it at our local Walmart. I picked up a half gallon the other day. :) My girls have both tried it. The youngest was extremely disappointed that it didn't taste like the WDW version. My oldest said it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream "which sounds like it would taste good, but..." I haven't tried it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter