Bluezoo reservation mishandling: closed and forgot to tell me

squeezle

Mickey Fan From Birth
I had reservations for tomorrow night at Bluezoo which I made at the 180 day mark. I received a call around noon today informing me that the restaurant is going to be closed for a private event tomorrow night and my reservations could not be accommodated and there were no other reservations available and any Swan/Dolphin hotels. After a bit of conversation, I discovered the event had been planned for three months and all the reservations had been rescheduled/accommodates at that time and somehow mine was the ONLY one left.

Not sure what happened, but I was left scrambling for reservations for tomorrow and am not happy with how they handled things. They offered no real solutions other than transferring me to Disney Dining to see what they could find. 😡

That stinks. Hope you find something! I have had good luck with Mouse Dining and touring plans reservation watch program.

Thanks! We were able to get Morimoto’s at a reasonable time which will work, it’ll just involve more traveling than we really wanted to do. 😕

I had reservations for tomorrow night at Bluezoo which I made at the 180 day mark. I received a call around noon today informing me that the restaurant is going to be closed for a private event tomorrow night and my reservations could not be accommodated and there were no other reservations available and any Swan/Dolphin hotels. After a bit of conversation, I discovered the event had been planned for three months and all the reservations had been rescheduled/accommodates at that time and somehow mine was the ONLY one left.

Not sure what happened, but I was left scrambling for reservations for tomorrow and am not happy with how they handled things. They offered no real solutions other than transferring me to Disney Dining to see what they could find. 😡

I hate to mention this, but perhaps there was an information barrier.
Several of the Swolphin restaurants do not take reservations, iirc. They may have been trying to tell you that in an incorrect way. Not that that makes it any better, because it certainly doesn't. IIRC Kimonos doesn't do reservations, and I know Garden Grove doesn't do reservations for breakfast (not sure about lunch/dinner.) Usually, Il Mulino and Shulas aren't packed unless there's a big convention. This probably isn't helping with your ire, sorry. I'd be ticked as well.

ETA: Shula's, Il Mulino, (limited avail) and Garden Grove (wide open) have ressies avail on Open Table Sep 17.

not trying to add fuel to the fire, but maybe check Open Table if Morimoto's is not ideal, and you'd like to stay closer to (or in) Swolphin.

Last edited:

Several of the Swolphin restaurants do not take reservations, iirc. They may have been trying to tell you that in an incorrect way. Not that that makes it any better, because it certainly doesn't. IIRC Kimonos doesn't do reservations, and I know Garden Grove doesn't do reservations for breakfast (not sure about lunch/dinner.) Usually, Il Mulino and Shulas aren't packed unless there's a big convention. This probably isn't helping with your ire, sorry. I'd be ticked as well.
??? Bluezoo takes reservations on both MDE and Opentable. The OP already had a reservation - that's why Bluezoo called.

??? Bluezoo takes reservations on both MDE and Opentable. The OP already had a reservation - that's why Bluezoo called.

I'm not 100% sure what you are questioning. There was a lot more to their post than that, but I might be reading more into this. They expressed they were told there were no other availabilities at Swolphin, but there are. They also expressed a concern with the travel to Morimoto's instead of their interest in Bluezoo at Dolphin, but if the other restaurants at Swolphin were of interest for proximity's sake, there are openings, even though they were told there was no availability.

ETA: It may be that Shula's and Il Mulino have a similar thing going on, they too only show slots for 8:45 and 9pm on the Sep 17th - same as Bluezoo on Open Table, even though Bluezoo is apparently closed. Garden Grove has full availability, and Kimonos doesn't do reservations.

Last edited:

How did you make the reservation? Disney Dining or some other way?

If it was Disney then they should have told you.

I made the reservation through MDE/Disney dining at the 180 day mark. It still showed up in my MDE even after they called to cancel. Had I not cancelled it myself, I probably would have been charged.

I'm not 100% sure what you are questioning. There was a lot more to their post than that, but I might be reading more into this. They expressed they were told there were no other availabilities at Swolphin, but there are. They also expressed a concern with the travel to Morimoto's instead of their interest in Bluezoo at Dolphin, but if the other restaurants at Swolphin were of interest for proximity's sake, there are openings, even though they were told there was no availability.
Oh sorry - I guess I misread your post.

Nope, no information barrier. She said they called all the other reservations three months ago and somehow forgot to call me. It was their mistake.

ETA: It may be that Shula's and Il Mulino have a similar thing going on, they too only show slots for 8:45 and 9pm on the Sep 17th - same as Bluezoo on Open Table, even though Bluezoo is apparently closed. Garden Grove has full availability, and Kimonos doesn't do reservations.

Thanks for checking, but 8:45/9:00 is too late for us, I’d he hangry long before then 😂

Last edited:
Disney restaurants frequently have tons of availability open up the night before. Check again before bedtime and you will probably have your choice of restaurants due to everyone cancelling to avoid the penalty charge.

You might think about trying flying fish--it has reservations open and like Bluzoo is high-end seafood.

Nope, no information barrier. She said they called all the other reservations three months ago and somehow forgot to call me. It was their mistake.

Thanks for checking, but 8:45/9:00 is too late for us, I’d he hangry long before then 😂

About the information barrier -
I meant maybe they were saying there were no reservations available at any other Swolphin place, but, GG shows total availability, and Kimonos doesn't even take reservations. So, they were saying there's no reservations anywhere at either resort, but it just seems mildly fishy. If you wanted to still be at Swolphin, and Il Mulino or Shula's interests you, it might be worth a phone call for their status. Kimonos for sushi as well, but, if Bluezoo is closed at the time you'd like, perhaps Kimonos would have a bump in customers looking for decent fish.

As a pp said, check reservations early this evening, hopefully something great will open up for you.

And, by the way, I seem to always have the kind of "luck" you got with this one. Everyone has been taken care of except you. Sounds all too familiar!

I am sorry this happened to you, so annoying. I had Morimoto cancel my reservation due to a private buy out of the restaurant in January, difference was they gave me plenty of notice and told me that they would book us at any of their 'sister restaurants' for whatever time I wanted that day, no issue, or would contact Disney Dining for me to find something else. I had a complicated group situation that time so I handled it myself but I was so appreciative of the help they were willing to provide.

I made the reservation through MDE/Disney dining at the 180 day mark. It still showed up in my MDE even after they called to cancel. Had I not cancelled it myself, I probably would have been charged.

I know what happened is very frustrating, but, rule of thumb for us with Swan/Dolphin reservations is either to go through opentable or call the Swan/Dolphin directly for reservations. Typically, the restaurants themselves have far more availability than what is showing on MDE/Disney or opentable. If you are interested in dining at either Shula's or Il Mulino tomorrow, I would call Swan/Dolphin directly. Unless they are holding private events, they most likely have wide open availability tomorrow night. I've walked into both, day-of, many times.

About the information barrier -
I meant maybe they were saying there were no reservations available at any other Swolphin place, but, GG shows total availability, and Kimonos doesn't even take reservations. So, they were saying there's no reservations anywhere at either resort, but it just seems mildly fishy. If you wanted to still be at Swolphin, and Il Mulino or Shula's interests you, it might be worth a phone call for their status. Kimonos for sushi as well, but, if Bluezoo is closed at the time you'd like, perhaps Kimonos would have a bump in customers looking for decent fish.

As a pp said, check reservations early this evening, hopefully something great will open up for you.

And, by the way, I seem to always have the kind of "luck" you got with this one. Everyone has been taken care of except you. Sounds all too familiar!

It sounds like Disney Dining was telling OP there were no reservations. Disney Dining never shows full availability for Swan/Dolphin restaurants, so it's very possible it looks booked to a Disney Dining phone CM.

It sounds like Disney Dining was telling OP there were no reservations. Disney Dining never shows full availability for Swan/Dolphin restaurants, so it's very possible it looks booked to a Disney Dining phone CM.

I'll bet you are on the right track with this. Nice moves. It completely sounds fishy that everything would be booked on a Tuesday night over there unless there was one big, or several conventions going on.

I know what happened is very frustrating, but, rule of thumb for us with Swan/Dolphin reservations is either to go through opentable or call the Swan/Dolphin directly for reservations. Typically, the restaurants themselves have far more availability than what is showing on MDE/Disney or opentable. If you are interested in dining at either Shula's or Il Mulino tomorrow, I would call Swan/Dolphin directly. Unless they are holding private events, they most likely have wide open availability tomorrow night. I've walked into both, day-of, many times.

I'll bet you are on the right track with this. Nice moves. It completely sounds fishy that everything would be booked on a Tuesday night over there unless there was one big, or several conventions going on.

Nope. I got a call directly from someone at Bluezoo and I was told by them they could not accommodate me at any other restaurant. Whether this is true or not, I do not know, but that is what I was told on the phone. The only solution offered was to transfer me to Disney dining.

Also tomorrow’s availability and MDE vs. OpenTable are not the core issues here. The issue is the last minute cancellation and the fact that I was overlooked when all other reservations were contacted! It seems I should have been made aware of this three months ago when the private event was scheduled and all other guests were notified. And I’m just offering my experience as a word of caution.

I am sorry this happened to you, so annoying. I had Morimoto cancel my reservation due to a private buy out of the restaurant in January, difference was they gave me plenty of notice and told me that they would book us at any of their 'sister restaurants' for whatever time I wanted that day, no issue, or would contact Disney Dining for me to find something else. I had a complicated group situation that time so I handled it myself but I was so appreciative of the help they were willing to provide.

Thank you! Some advanced notice would have made this a completely different situation.

Where will you be dining tomorrow night? Check again first thing in the morning. More choices should pop up once folks cancel tonight

Also tomorrow’s availability and MDE vs. OpenTable are not the core issues here. The issue is the last minute cancellation and the fact that I was overlooked when all other reservations were contacted! It seems I should have been made aware of this three months ago when the private event was scheduled and all other guests were notified.
I agree. I would write to Disney wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com, and if you can get contact information for Swan's GM and/or bluezoo's manager (or dining@swandolphin.com) and politely and briefly express your concerns and disappointment.

If you want to go even farther up the ladder, Google Todd English contact information, and click on the link to his website, then "contact" on that page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter