Blurry and grainy pics from an Iphone XR- why?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I am an Android user and I know hardly anything about Iphones. But my daughter has an Iphone XR and when she goes to print pics from her phone to the Wal-Mart app they are generally blurry and grainy. It will say low resolution. But they look fine on her phone. What gives? Anyone know or have advice to fix such?

I am an Android user and I know hardly anything about Iphones. But my daughter has an Iphone XR and when she goes to print pics from her phone to the Wal-Mart app they are generally blurry and grainy. It will say low resolution. But they look fine on her phone. What gives? Anyone know or have advice to fix such?
Email the pictures so you can look at them on a computer. Then you can see what the resolution is. Is the camera set to a low resolution? Does the Wal-Mart app pull a low resolution version? What if you print at another printer? Can you post a picture on here?

I assume she has cleaned the camera lens and doesn have a case that covers the camera lens in any way?

There have been some reports of this being an issue with the XR. You can Google instructions for troubleshooting to see if you can resolve the problem. Otherwise, it may need to be repaired.

There usually is a setting where one can choose the photo resolution. Set it to the highest setting. It's probably set to low resolution so she can post photos online. But, not print photos.

That's the cheaper version of the new phone, right? I heard it had a lousy camera.

Blurry photos usually means camera was moving or wasn't held steady while taking the picture. That is more of a technique issue on how the person holds the camera. Grainy or low resolution pictures could be poor lighting (scene was too dark) or the camera setting for resolution needs to be changed (if that is even possible on camera phones).

It's possible that the images she's trying to print are in a lower resolution format when transferred to the Walmart app. Ensure she selects the highest quality or resolution option for printing within the app to improve print quality.
This thread is 3 years old. I'm guessing she figured it out or bought a new phone by now.

It's possible that the images she's trying to print are in a lower resolution format when transferred to the Walmart app. Ensure she selects the highest quality or resolution option for printing within the app to improve print quality.
You can also fix it afterwards, if you know how to do it of course.
This article https://applenapps.com/how-to-fix-blurry-pictures-on-iphone/ explains it all: the reason why this is happening and the ways how to fix it easily. I guess it happened to everyone, when some important photos turned out to be blurry, right?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter