• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BMI Question

beachbunny

DIS Veteran
I booked a flight from LHR to CDG on BMI. Question: When and how do I get a seat assignment? Or don't they assign seats on these short flights?

Thanks again in advance.

We flying BMI for the first time this summer. ABN --> LHR --> CDG. Does anyone know if we can check-in luggage at Aberdeen for Paris?
Easy-jet unfortunately does not offer this service :guilty:

Reid

We flew from east midlands to CDG last March & had no problems, & enjoyed a good easy flight. We flew with friends & were assigned seats at checkin & were able to sit together.

On the return flight our friends flew back before us, and they went with the intention of eating a nice lunch at at the airport after checkin. They were very dissappointed with what was on offer, included McDonalds. They ended up with a sandwich, not what they'd planned for Sunday lunch in Paris.So eat before the airport iif you want more than a snack.

Cyrano said:
We flying BMI for the first time this summer. ABN --> LHR --> CDG. Does anyone know if we can check-in luggage at Aberdeen for Paris?
Easy-jet unfortunately does not offer this service :guilty:

Reid

I'd bet you can. We once flew BMI from CDG --> LHR, and then connected to American Airlines for LHR --> JFK, and we were able to check our bags through to New York at CDG.

Minnie, thanks for the information. I'm really hoping I'll be able to check my luggage through from the US. We're flying United to LHR and then BMI to CDG. Also, I wonder if we can get our BMI seat assignments from United - or will we have to check-in again in London?

beachbunny said:
Minnie, thanks for the information. I'm really hoping I'll be able to check my luggage through from the US. We're flying United to LHR and then BMI to CDG. Also, I wonder if we can get our BMI seat assignments from United - or will we have to check-in again in London?

You might actually have to get your bags when you get to LHR, since you'll have to go through customs. The customs procedure for flying from the UK into mainland Europe (or vice versa) is not nearly as complex as when coming in from outside of the EU, as you're not officially going into another country (they won't even stamp your passport again once you're in the EU). But since you're entering the EU between your flights, you may need to get your bags in between.

Although we were able to check our bags through to JFK, we did need to check-in with American Airlines at LHR, even though we already had seat assignments.

I wouldn't worry too much about seat assignments on the BMI flight between LHR and CDG. It's a very short flight (less than an hour), and the plane is quite small, so there's not much of a choice of seats anyways. Since there are four seats per row, there are no middle seats, so people would probably be more willing to switch with you if necessary.

I know that American Airlines is a codeshare partner with BMI (we bought our BMI tickets through AA, actually), so if United is not a codeshare partner, things might be different for you. But I hope they're nice and easy. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter