Board not as active anymore?

Slo's daily polls are great! Did someone refer to those?

Those I mentioned have nothing to do with Slo and I do agree that people should enjoy what they wish. I guess that there used to be more of a balance?
Yes the same poster who was annoyed with “angry Canadians “. In the same post.

True. But there is no need to be rude or mocking regarding those posters that post threads you consider fluff. At least they are trying.
:cheer2:Yes, I'm all for trying. But it's pretty hit-and-miss what discussions people want to participate in. I'm a fairly regular thread-starter but many of them fall flat. It's mystifying to me why people prefer to discuss their favorite brand of baloney or how many freckles their cats have, rather than more thought-provoking issues but it's all good, I guess.

You all don't get any angrier than others here in the US or elsewhere. We all get angry at times, well, most of us I think. Just human emotion.
I think it's all in the delivery. Some are more consistent in some subject matters than others from what I've noticed.

:cheer2:Yes, I'm all for trying. But it's pretty hit-and-miss what discussions people want to participate in. I'm a fairly regular thread-starter but many of them fall flat. It's mystifying to me why people prefer to discuss their favorite brand of baloney or how many freckles their cats have, rather than more thought-provoking issues but it's all good, I guess.
Great, now I’m going to waste half my day trying to figure this out. :rolleyes:
:teeth: In fairness, the guy only said "a few" of us are angry...now all we need to do is figure out which ones he meant. :rotfl2:
Oh, we already know. :rolleyes1

;)

Im usually mostly on the boards when I have a trip planned. No trip planned for the near future. Went last summer and while the practically vacant parks were amazing, everything else was pretty terrible. Lots of things under construction for one. The constant need to use my phone was another. Scan for menus, open room door, order a drink etc... Bad experience when the app drained my battery in 2 hours, I didnt have a charger and I was sent on a wild goose chase to buy a charger (mine was with bel services at the Contempory and they couldnt give it to me). I was sent to the GF and MK and both places said they didnt know why anyone would send me there! Resort desk wouldnt let me get enough charge from them to open my room to see if my luggage arrived. I was told to Uber to Best Buy if I needed one. (I had 2 rooms at nearly $600/night, but couldnt borrow a charger and plug for 10 minutes)

Anyway, lots of little things, but the biggest was probably the sticker shock of the meals. Im usually on the DxDDP, prepaid, and seeing (and paying) meal prices had me thinking twice about spending more money on the cute souvenirs I love..not fun being on vacation and thinking about money!

Anyway I wont be back unless the DDP is back and a way to prepay Genie+ etc.. Im not going on vacation and coming home to a big CC bill. I like to relax and not worry about a thing.

True. But there is no need to be rude or mocking regarding those posters that post threads you consider fluff. At least they are trying.

Yes the same poster who was annoyed with “angry Canadians “. In the same post.
Please. There’s a whole board devoted to making fun of people here. And many of them are among us under different usernames. So let’s not be hypocritical about it.

Please. There’s a whole board devoted to making fun of people here. And many of them are among us under different usernames. So let’s not be hypocritical about it.

I’m not taking the bait. You can be angry all on your own.

So stating we don’t like the fluff threads because they’re not our thing is suddenly being mean? The question asked was why are the boards so quiet. For many of us, those threads and the lack of ability to have real life current event conversations are the reasons. It’s not being mean, it’s a fact. Nobody has said those posters shouldn’t post.

Well you need not be concerned. I wouldn’t think anyone considers you angry or controversial. I thought it was fairly obvious that there are two people who consistently find joy in baiting and criticizing Americans. I don’t think that is particularly nice and it certainly has no place in a civil conversation.

I’m not taking the bait. You can be angry all on your own.

So stating we don’t like the fluff threads because they’re not our thing is suddenly being mean? The question asked was why are the boards so quiet. For many of us, those threads and the lack of ability to have real life current event conversations are the reasons. It’s not being mean, it’s a fact. Nobody has said those posters shouldn’t post.
OK, I'm begging you all now...let's go speak of happier things over on my kidney-selling thread! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter