Board will not retain my log in

Still having issues staying logged in. And now it's not just when I leave the site, it's literally page to page. :badpc:

I'm having the same problem. I'd love to try the "clear the cookies" thing except for one problem-I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Can anyone please tell me in VERY basic terms?

What browser do you use. Also installing CCleaner will clean your cookies. I use it every so often to clear the extra crap on my computer.

I have cleared my cookies twice and still have to log on whenever I come to the site.
When I just logged on it said my last visit was 10:55 AM today and I had JUST been logged into the site a couple minutes ago...it's now 3:05!!!

In the past I have always been able to fix the problem by deleting cookies. However,this is NOT the case this time. I have no cookies left to delete, and I still can't stay logged in :worried: I hope WEBMASTERALEX keeps checking into this :thumbsup2

What browser do you use. Also installing CCleaner will clean your cookies. I use it every so often to clear the extra crap on my computer.

Oh, Oh! What's this "browser" of which you speak? Is that the thing Microsoft Explorer is? Windows? Told you my computer knowledge is limited.

browser is like Internet explore, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. What you browse the internet with

Ok I fixed mine.

If you are using Chrome it is not enough to just clear the cookies. You have to clear your saved passwords and Saved Autofill form data. Clear that with the cookies and it will work.

I am having the same log in issues and it is extremely frustrating :furious: It has happened on three different computers :headache:

Clearing cookies has done the trick for me, logins are now persistent again. Have to do it on half a dozen PCs/phones/etc now, darn.

Alex: to help people out who are having trouble finding the option, would it be worth adding a link somehwere on the site to clear all local DISboards-related cookies, as wiping all browser cookies always seems a bit drastic to me? Add the same link to the user-login form, with a note saying why people may need to do it.

Andre

I use Chrome (on a Mac, if it makes a difference) and all I did was clear the cookies from the disboards site. That worked for me.

Clearing cookies has done the trick for me, logins are now persistent again. Have to do it on half a dozen PCs/phones/etc now, darn.

Alex: to help people out who are having trouble finding the option, would it be worth adding a link somehwere on the site to clear all local DISboards-related cookies, as wiping all browser cookies always seems a bit drastic to me? Add the same link to the user-login form, with a note saying why people may need to do it.

Andre

Look a few posts above, just clearing some cookies often doesn't work. We go through this every board move and it' always been a cookie issue. It get's better with time :)

Chrome isn't working with Dis at all. no way to log in atthis point in time.

And cookies have been cleared on there.

I have cleared ALL cookies, saved passwords, etc. and still have to sign in every time I come to this site.
Not a huge deal, but it's a pain.

Look a few posts above, just clearing some cookies often doesn't work. We go through this every board move and it' always been a cookie issue. It get's better with time :)

thing is you are also assuming people are using Windows... you need to offer instructions for all the major platforms -- this includes Mac and Linux.

needless to say still having login issues. Clearing cookies is not the only problem occurring and it's getting annoying.

Chrome isn't working with Dis at all. no way to log in atthis point in time.

And cookies have been cleared on there.

I was able to clear the cookies in Firefox and have Dis retain my log-in. But I can't get Chrome to work, which is frustrating because that is my browser of choice.

Also, just for info purposes, clearing cookies worked in Firefox on my Windows PC at work and on my Mac at home. Chrome worked on neither.

Alex, if you have any suggestions, I'm open to trying them. Thanks!

I was able to clear the cookies in Firefox and have Dis retain my log-in. But I can't get Chrome to work, which is frustrating because that is my browser of choice.

Also, just for info purposes, clearing cookies worked in Firefox on my Windows PC at work and on my Mac at home. Chrome worked on neither.

Alex, if you have any suggestions, I'm open to trying them. Thanks!

I use a Mac at work, and use both Chrome and Safari. In Chrome, I cleared everything and it seems to be working for me.

I also am having problems with the DIS boards losing me while I am reading. However, today when I came to DIS, using my bookmark I always use, I was already logged on but it wasn't my account. I could have posted stuff in their name or messed around in their personal info. This seems like more than the typical problems when changing servers.

I also am having problems with the DIS boards losing me while I am reading. However, today when I came to DIS, using my bookmark I always use, I was already logged on but it wasn't my account. I could have posted stuff in their name or messed around in their personal info. This seems like more than the typical problems when changing servers.

What time was that?

Same for me on Chrome! Clearing cookies hasn't worked.

And since I'm not getting any response elsewhere; will someone once and for all tell us if lost "post counts" will be restored?

I know it's not a big deal but I lost the 450 or so posts from between Friday night and Monday mid-morning.

If they can't be restored to my count, fine! Just tell me.

As it stands now, I'm afraid to post any significant number because there might be another "restore" and I'll lose the count again.

Call me obsessive but I keep track of things.

Thank you,
Kathy

As I stated before...I cleared all my cookies and cleared all my saved passwords, etc.
Staying logged in is OK on Firefox, but I still can not stay logged in on Explorer 9 which is what I use 99.9% of the time. It really is becoming a PITA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter