Boarding before your port arrival time? I'm

Wdwdreamer101

Dreaming of Disney World
We had planned to use DCL transfers, but our plans have changed and we are renting a car. I didn't pick a PAT though because our dcl transfers didn't require one. We've always used dcl transfers and never a PAT
We love getting on the ship early and having lunch and exploring before the room is ready. Does anyone know if we would be allowed on freely as we would have with the dcl transfer arrival, or will we be made to wait? Should we get there early and hope for the best?

Probably not, they make everybody wait in line according to the PAT outside the terminal. You need to go back to check in and select a PAT.

Most people enjoy getting on early. That’s why so many people are up at midnight trying to get their early port arrival time. You need to update your check-in form to be given a PAT and arrive at whatever time you are given. They check PAT before you enter the building

If you get there early you will be turned away. You need to select a PAT

You can go online and update your checkin, change bus arrival and get a PAT now. Some folks change, so you may get something earlier. I agree, once you get there, they will check your pat time and you will be queued in the line according to your pat. The lines will have a sign with a time on it. There were 5-6 lines. The last time we were there (November) we arrived at 11:15, but our pat was 11:00. The 11:00 sign was gone. Also, 11:00am was the earliest pat in November.

Once “open boarding” is called you may be able to enter and board regardless of PAT. That’s usually around 12:30 or so. But you should still re-do your online check-in and select a PAT. You can always keep checking if an earlier one may open up.

Most people enjoy getting on early. That’s why so many people are up at midnight trying to get their early port arrival time. You need to update your check-in form to be given a PAT and arrive at whatever time you are given. They check PAT before you enter the building
I was up at midnight as well. But was not given the option due to having transfers booked at that time.

Once “open boarding” is called you may be able to enter and board regardless of PAT. That’s usually around 12:30 or so. But you should still re-do your online check-in and select a PAT. You can always keep checking if an earlier one may open up.
I think that will depend on which ship and port. We had 12:30-12:45 for the WISH and BG 13 and there was a queue for 1:00 pm PAT's

I was up at midnight as well. But was not given the option due to having transfers booked at that time.
And that is unfortunate. But since you’ve updated how you’re going to be getting to the port you need to select a port arrival time. If you don’t get a time you like keep checking because they do change. I have often been able to move mine up. Hopefully you can do the same if not you’ve only lost out on a few hours on the ship at most.

We had planned to use DCL transfers, but our plans have changed and we are renting a car. I didn't pick a PAT though because our dcl transfers didn't require one. We've always used dcl transfers and never a PAT
We love getting on the ship early and having lunch and exploring before the room is ready. Does anyone know if we would be allowed on freely as we would have with the dcl transfer arrival, or will we be made to wait? Should we get there early and hope for the best?
When are you cruising? If its within 3 days then show up after about 12:30 or so when open boarding is called. 3 days before cruise they lock you out of making changes to your online check in info.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter